What book are you currently reading?

Ithior

I'm embarrassed to admit that I haven't actually read an actual book in over a year. That's pretty sad for a self-confessed word guy. I buy them, catalog them, stack them up, but that's as far as it goes. I have books everywhere and plenty of time, but I can't seem to find the motivation. I look at them, they look at me, but nothing happens. It's almost like dating.

I used to be like that when I was studying. Now that I've been out of college for 6 months, I've read 6 books already and I'm at least halfway through other two.

I think the fact that I had to write and read things every day sort of made me have no patience to read anything else.

DeadmanWalking

200px-Mistborn-cover.jpg

Rawz

Right at this very moment I am ready an ebook from Milk The Pigeon called "Killing Your Old Life and Living the Dream".

Awhile ago I had started Mastery by Robert Greene (actually the audio book). I intend to return to it, maybe even start over from the beginning.

I have a bunch of horror novels for my horror literature course. By the time classes start, I'll have read all of my assigned reading already :p

Anyway, I'm going to start this:

19581.jpg

GraybeardGhost

I have a bunch of horror novels for my horror literature course. By the time classes start, I'll have read all of my assigned reading already :p

[Ghost Story]

Sweet!

I love a good ghost story . . . at least until it's time for bed. :eek:

Any chance you could post the reading list?

Sweet!

I love a good ghost story . . . at least until it's time for bed. :eek:

Any chance you could post the reading list?

I don't know all of the stories we're reading, but some of the novels we had to purchase (the ones I can remember, anyway, because they're upstairs and I'm too lazy to go look right now):

The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson
Pet Sematary by Stephen King
Misery by Stephen King
Rosemary's Baby by Ira Levin
We Have Always Lived in the Castle by Shirley Jackson
The Witches by Roald Dahl
Psycho by Robert Bloch
Ghosts on the Red Line by Peter David Shapiro
Ghost Story by Peter Straub

We're also supposed to be reading some Lovecraft, Poe, and some others I can't remember.

19581.jpg

Eh, I don't really want to read this anymore. Now I have nothing to read and I'm not interested in any of my books on my shelf. I want something REALLY good but I can't check anything out of the library because I owe them money :x

Silatuyok

About to start on this book. Might go do that now, in fact, instead of futzing around on the internets..
3086160.jpg

I loved the other Wally Lamb books I read, but I'm having trouble getting into this one. I don't care for the main character, or his wife, and the whole book is a fictional account about how the Columbine shooting changed their lives. It just isn't seeming very "real" to me. Eh, I'll keep going, but if it doesn't pick up soon I'm not going to read all 700 pages, for sure.

I have really old editions of White Fang and Tom Sawyer that someone gave to me, and I've never read them, so I think I will, starting with Tom Sawyer. I have a lot of classics to catch up on.