What book are you currently reading?

DeadmanWalking

It wasn't painful for me, I'd just rather read fantasy. If Hester Prynne was a wizard I would have enjoyed it tremendously.

Well, the Puritan society does think that she is a witch and weird stuff keeps happening around her and Pearl. So, did I make the book exciting to you Pips::p:?

Silatuyok

I remember a friend reading that in school. She said it had some dirty little poem things in it and showed them to me. Is this the right book? Something about the Duchess of Kent? ;) :D

Does anyone have good memories of reading this book in high school?

Hmmmm, I don't remember the poems. But the whole thing is about the repercussions of sexual encounters, so yeah, it's not exactly a squeaky clean novel.

And yes, I actually loved reading The Scarlet Letter in school. Then again, I also really enjoyed The House of Seven Gables which I elected to read extracurricularly. I'm just completely uncool like that. :cool:::p:

Silatuyok

490853.jpg

Almost halfway through, good read so far. I work on it usually right before class starts or when I've finished studying while in class.

Again, I'm going to put on my nerd hat and say I absolutely love this book. Such genius.

Blabla..

right now the only books that i read are the ones in Skyrim , i collect them all , i like to sit in a chair near the fireplace and read them

phantastica

i just finished 'a very easy death' by simone de beauvoir. gloomy; i liked it. tomorrow i'll start with 'second thoughts' by michel butor.

Aletheia

I would love to be able to say it was Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn or Douglas Hofstadter, but actually it's George R. R. Martin's Game of Thrones.

*Amy*

A Game of Thrones the first book of the series "A song of Ice and Fire", by George R. R. Martin

hippiechild

Plant-Environment Interactions - From sensory plant biology to active plant behavior

Communications in Plants - The Neuronal Aspects of Plant Life

Better to Have Never Been - The Harm of Coming into Existence

Silatuyok

Plant-Environment Interactions - From sensory plant biology to active plant behavior

Communications in Plants - The Neuronal Aspects of Plant Life

Better to Have Never Been - The Harm of Coming into Existence

Those all sound really fascinating to me. Do you recommend them?

macs39

Reading since last 2 months :eek:

Never Let me Go
by
Kazuo Ishiguro

I'm yet to finish it, though ::p:

Moa

Just finished the Steve Jobs biography. It was good, not great.

Currently reading:
51IaId1YhgL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-37,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

31NxahIzmpL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg

51fA0Y7P67L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

51rXU3aVs5L._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_AA278_PIkin4,BottomRight,-46,22_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg