What book are you currently reading?

Tiercel

Just starting Stuka Pilot by Hans Ulrich Rudel.

And for some reason I'm highly amused by the blue swastika on the spine. Don't get me wrong, I've read a few World War II books written by or about Germans. But what person at Ballantine in the '50s thought it was a good idea to put a blue swastika in the center of the black spine of a book written by a Nazi?

I apologize if I only seem to read books about WWII pilots and aircraft. I have an interest, and came across about 10 books several months ago. Maybe I'll get back to some fantasy at some point, but for now I'm wading through a stack about a foot high.

I've been hooked on Kathy Reichs' Temperance Brennan series. I'm reading one of them, just not sure what the title is. I haven't actually read a sentence in about a week or so, but I'll get it done!

Tiercel

Samurai! by Saburo Sakai, Martin Caidin, and Fred Saito.

Yup, another WWII fighter pilot.... :rolleyes:

NickyNacker

i'm not reading anything atm, but i feel like re-reading memoirs of a geisha for about the 4th time. reading is difficult for me because i have pretty bad ADD.

GoBlue72

Just got this one in the mail from my sister. She says it helped her a few years ago, and thought I might like reading it. If you're into the self-help thing, maybe you've read it:
Amazon.com: Happier: Learn the Secrets to Daily Joy and Lasting Fulfillment (9780071492393): Tal Ben-Shahar: Books

I'm kind of ADD as well, so I rarely finish one book before starting others. My cousin gave me this one a few years back. Finally read most of it:

Amazon.com: Body Mind Balancing: Using Your Mind to Heal Your Body (9780312334444): Osho: Books

Also enjoying this one while brainstorming about my own life and direction:

Amazon.com: What Should I Do with My Life?: The True Story of People Who Answered the Ultimate Question (9780345485922): Po Bronson: Books

zaproffo

Demons by Fyodor Dostoevsky. I'm going very slowly though, mainly only reading in bed very tired and falling asleep after a page or two recently. He's my favorite author though, this is my fourth of his novels, previously I've read Crime and Punishment, The Brothers Karamazov and Notes From Underground (my favorite novel ever).

This one has fantastic characters, I fault myself for not progressing through it rather than the material. On page 225 out of 700.

xLindziex

I'm currently reading Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. It's the first book I've read by choice in years. It's really good so far and now I remember why I used to love reading so much :D

GoBlue72

I'm currently reading Summer Sisters by Judy Blume. It's the first book I've read by choice in years. It's really good so far and now I remember why I used to love reading so much :D

Lindzie, I just found out a friend of mine in Key West is friends with Judy Blume. I never knew that before. Thought that was interesting. Looks like you live in South Florida too?(maybe not that far south).

coyote

alan2.jpg

excellent book - my 6th reading

you can even download a free PDF of this book

xLindziex

Lindzie, I just found out a friend of mine in Key West is friends with Judy Blume. I never knew that before. Thought that was interesting. Looks like you live in South Florida too?(maybe not that far south).

Ah! That's awesome :)
Yeah, I'm not quite that far south, I'm in the West Palm Beach area about two to three hours north.