What book are you currently reading?

Any Artemis Fowl readers here? :p Or am I asking the wrong demographics..?

I have all of the books, I just haven't read them yet. A friend highly recommended them. I would jump headfirst into them, but she does have some questionable tastes in books and movies IMO, so I'm a little leery. :)

ILovePocky

Terrier by Tamora Pierce. She's my favorite author and I'm currently re-reading all of her books again, lol.

Surrogate

I have all of the books, I just haven't read them yet. A friend highly recommended them. I would jump headfirst into them, but she does have some questionable tastes in books and movies IMO, so I'm a little leery. :)

Sweeeet, full collection :drools:
I'd recommend The Supernaturalist as well (by the same author, Eoin Colfer) if you love the series. (Or maybe I'm just a kid who loves this genre too much)
:)

Yeah that's the one. The movie is based on the book that was written by Aron. I thought I would read the book before I watch the movie.

I've heard it's a pretty amazing movie, and thanks for shedding some light on the relation. I never knew it was based on a book :O.
You've gotta tell us about the movie if you watch it, I'm pretty interested in seeing it myself!

Last edited:

ILovePocky

Yeah that's the one. The movie is based on the book that was written by Aron. I thought I would read the book before I watch the movie.

I have a problem reading books before I watch the movie. I usually sit through the movie then and get annoyed by all the things they changed xD
Book adaptations always disappoint me. Lol

Aussie_Lad

I have a problem reading books before I watch the movie. I usually sit through the movie then and get annoyed by all the things they changed xD

Yeah that's quite often true. Was certainly the case with "Marley and Me" in which I read the Biography before I saw the movie. Maybe I should have watched the movie first, but as I am out of town at the moment, I don't have the ability to watch the movie as yet.

HeadFace

Currently reading a book called 'Thirteen Reasons Why'
It's basically a book about a teenage lady who commits suicide, records a series of tapes about why she did it, and then sends them out to 13 people who were the reason why she did what she did.

Alistair

As of late I've been reading a lot of books on lighting for photography, and I think I'm finally coming to understand it, or at least the grasp. It was hard finding ones that would tell ya the theory behind it, and not explain this is what we did, and here it is! I mean, explain how you go to that picture down to the little details like how far back, and such. =)

Other than that, I think I'm going to read "A Game of Thrones," since out of all my friends that started it 10 years ago have read it, except me and other guy. In which he just started, and told me we we're stupid for ignoring Matt so many years ago. Hahaha.

Phoenixx

Put a hold on Angels and Demons. Now reading One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest. Almost done with it actually, it's great! :D

coyote

"Crocs Spring/Summer 2011 Product Workbook"

I just ordered $16,000 worth of Crocs

I hope the customers will like them

I know what you mean! I have made a pact never to see a movie adaptation of a book I have read from now on.
The worst I have come across was the the movie "The Loverly Bones". That was so pathetic after reading the book.

I am currently reading "Multiplicity, The New Science Of Personality" by Rita Carter.

HeadFace

Animal farm by george orwell

Oh god, I read that in middle school. It freaked me out. And the movie was so depressing for me. Not like dissappointing horrible quality depressing. I mean it was scary and just plain sad, in my opinion. Very freaky.