What book are you currently reading?

Phoenixx

I just finished reading The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan today. Now I'm thinking I'll start reading Angels & Demons by Dan Brown.

Tuco

I just finished reading "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy; it was the most depressing book I've ever read. Before starting I thought it was an action packed thriller, but that was not the case, it can be monotone at times but I liked it. It's very dark, not for everybody, I think you have to be in the right mood to read it; it's even more depressing than "The Hunchback of Notre Dame", and that's saying a lot. I would describe it as a realistic view of a postapocalyptic world through the lives of a man and his son who have nothing left in the world but each other.

Running_Scared

At the moment,
i'm reading Empress by Karen Miller. the first in a trilogy. (it's a bloody book)

empresscover.jpg

I'm reading 13 little blue envelopes! :) It's good and it takes my mind off things!

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I've just finished reading Richard Pryor's autobiography:

41W1F2QH1BL._SS500_.jpg

And I'm just about to make a start on this:
Russell-Brand-x-Shepard-Fairey-2.jpg

Tiercel

I just finished reading "The Road" by Cormac McCarthy; it was the most depressing book I've ever read.

I haven't read the book, but I saw the movie when it came out. Very bleak and depressing, but with a strange sense of hope amid nothing but hopelessness. I've been hesitant to watch it at home, though, as I'm not sure the tone would come across the same while sitting on the sofa with my dog and a blanket. But in the theater I really enjoyed it.

As for books, I'm currently about 2/3 through The First and The Last: The Rise and Fall of the German Fighter Forces, 1938-1945 by Adolf Galland. Aerial combat and World War II? I guess if I have to. :rolleyes:

:D

RolloTomasi

The Count of Monte Cristo by Alexandre Dumas. My favorite book of all time. I've lost count of how many times I've read it, but I always go back to it.