The Deadman Scrolls

Shyangel

That's some awesome stuff , Deadman. I would love to read what you have wrote, by the way.

That's great your getting the attention you deserve from girls. ^.^ She sounds sweet and like someone you can get along with. I really hope you'll try and talk to this girl. It could be something, if not, you'll have a good friend, which, is also great. You go, Deadman!!!

DeadmanWalking

My day just couldn't get any worse. First off, my Social Works teacher decides that he wants to do something "fun", which means that I'm going to have to talk to people. We had to get into a group and discuss "what-if" scenarios for money distribution. Then the teacher asked us to memorize the names of our partners and recite them to the class; I had (lucky me) mixed up the names of two of my partners and the teacher pointed it out and made me sit down. After everyone else had done their rounds, the teacher made me stand up again after everyone else had sat down and made me recite them correctly. I got them right that time around and he asked me, "Now that didn't hurt, did it?" Physically, no, but there are other ways that people get hurt and, yes, you are hurting me right now. Anyway, after that, I got called on again after the other groups had gone to tell the class what I wanted to be doing in five years. A short answer filled with a subtle hint at my depression served its purpose. Well, after classes were finished, I had to talk to my teacher about my grades and how to pull them up. I already wanted to run out of there, but he made me really feel like an idiot and.......... well, other things. That really did make me want to cry::(:. I want to cry right now, thinking about it. But I doubt he really cared at the moment or ever would care.

I doubt anyone really cares about my story, so that's why I put it here, so I can cry and rant as much as I want to. I won't inconvience anyone with my whining (of course, no one really reads this anyways so doubly lucky:)!).

MikeyC

I don't think the teacher really knew he was making you uncomfortable, and he'll never know unless you tell him your situation, which I'm positive you won't do (I wouldn't, either). Sorry you had to go through all that, mate. Hopefully you can still get your grades up. :)

Feathers

You know what DW, you're a great guy!!

Maybe the teacher was just trying to 'push' you a bit - 'exposure therapy', ya know?
(Or you might remind him of a 4th cousin who made fun of him when he was little, we'll never know I guess?)
I usually assume professors mean well or just don't know any better or such...
Learning how to talk in front of people (or even how to 'overhear' things can help you later in life too!!)
Sometimes people also push those they like more!! (Or maybe he sees something in you, maybe even of himself?)

And if any classmates might have made some remarks, well they don't know you like we do here!!
People with personal experience of problems can actually be better at helping others cause they've experienced those problems themselves!!

Hope things get better!! & fingers crossed for the grades to go up too!

Which specific topics/subjects do you need to learn? You helped me big time with that article & I'm happy to help if I can (I'm an expert at how to get good grades :)) Gotta go to sleep now, if you write me a PM (or here) I'll try to answer tomorrow or in a few days! Take care & GO DW GO!! :)

(Haven't managed to read your novels and some other posts yet, but cheering for ya!! :))

Etbow23

I also need to work on not comparing myself to others. I'm not them, nor will I ever be, so it's pointless to compare because we each have lived different lives and think differently. I'm not sure if I'm a good person, but I want to believe that I'm not a bad person. As I say, "If everyone tells you something, don't you think that there might be some truth to it?". Well, that's enough typing in this journal; tomorrow will bring even more adventures and experiences that I can type down!

I think my comparing myself to other people is part of what brings me down (unless the person's a total train wreck lol). I need to realize that I am who I am and I need to accept that person.

Anyways, good thought. Also I like the name "Deadman Scrolls"

DeadmanWalking

Well, I finished my volunteer hours today and I have to say that I feel great:D! I actually feel a level of happiness, which I haven't felt ever since my parents' divorce! Everyone there was really nice and the supervisor even let me out early! I'm thinking about heading back, but I'm not sure. We'll see after my schedule calms down. Anyway, I was panicking about this the entire day and it turns out it was all for nothing! I've got to stop letting "dark me" have an opinion sometimes.

But, no reviews on my stories? Deadman is a sad panda now::p:. I need reviews, as many as I can get! I want to know where I stand, as far as my writing is concerned. So, if anyone has any spare time surfing through my waves of misery and happiness, then I would greatly appreciate it if you told me what you thought about my stuff. And there'll be more entries in the future as well! So, until then, this is Deadman signing off!

WeirdyMcGee

Great writing style in your stories, Deadman.
You're very good at creating detailed imagery without getting sidetracked. haha

DeadmanWalking

The Deadman has risen from his grave:D!

But, seriously, I've been out of Internet this entire time, so that's why I haven't been on here in a while. But, I have some interesting things to put on my journal now:)!

First off, I passed all of my classes! Secondly, I'm applying for jobs in my area; I've sent some off and I'm hoping to get one in particular at this store near my house. The store isn't big, but it isn't small either. All I'll really be doing is bagging groceries, so that sounds perfect for someone like me! I went to go see a movie yesterday too. I wanted to go see The Avengers, but it was sold out, so I had to go watch Think Like A Man with my mother. The movie just wasn't my cup of tea and everything they said on there I learned (and I believe people should know these things already) through common sense. Well on the ride back, I got an awkward moment with my mother in the car. I'd rather not go into the details, but, needless to say, I blushed about it.

And that's a summary of the events so far. Well, I should be getting my Internet back real soon (I'm on my aunt's network right now) and I'll be sure to be on here more often! I'll tell you all some more crazy shenanigans and I'll post some more excerpts of my stories on here as well! I'm even trying to get some of my work published:D! Well, I'm off!

MikeyC

Hey, Deadman! I had actually thought of you and wondered where you had been. Congratulations on passing all of your classes - something which I know was a bit stressful for you. Good to see you're still alive and kicking, my friend.

cowboyup

Deadman, Great writing style and character imagery! Me likey :)
To me, it read kind of steampunk sci fi!
I look forward to reading more :)

Phoenixx

But, seriously, I've been out of Internet this entire time, so that's why I haven't been on here in a while. But, I have some interesting things to put on my journal now:)!

First off, I passed all of my classes! Secondly, I'm applying for jobs in my area; I've sent some off and I'm hoping to get one in particular at this store near my house. The store isn't big, but it isn't small either. All I'll really be doing is bagging groceries, so that sounds perfect for someone like me! I went to go see a movie yesterday too. I wanted to go see The Avengers, but it was sold out, so I had to go watch Think Like A Man with my mother. The movie just wasn't my cup of tea and everything they said on there I learned (and I believe people should know these things already) through common sense. Well on the ride back, I got an awkward moment with my mother in the car. I'd rather not go into the details, but, needless to say, I blushed about it.

And that's a summary of the events so far. Well, I should be getting my Internet back real soon (I'm on my aunt's network right now) and I'll be sure to be on here more often! I'll tell you all some more crazy shenanigans and I'll post some more excerpts of my stories on here as well! I'm even trying to get some of my work published:D! Well, I'm off!
^ There you are! I was wondering what happened to you. Congrats on passing your classes! Sounds like you're doing pretty well with the job searching too. Hope you get the one you want.

Also, I found this book in a library the other day and I instantly thought of your name lol. Took this with my cell, so it's a little blurry and kinda small.

Attachments

• Picture0513121840_1.jpg
    Picture0513121840_1.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 0

Srijita52

Welcome back Deadman! Nice to see you again. Congrats on passing all your classes and good luck with the job search. Hope to see you more here :)

DeadmanWalking

It's been a long time since I've posted on here::p:! But, now, I'm back:cool:.

Classes are going good...... well, kinda. I'm still lacking the materials for the class and I don't have the money for most of them at the moment. But I should have the money before the end of the week. Today woke me up early and sent me home late, but two things happened before I got home. First was in my Chemistry class where I and a girl that attended the class locked eyes. We both smiled at each other and it felt as if there was something that she wanted to say to me, if I "read" her right, of course. I guess you could say there was some "chemistry" between us!

Ba dum tssshhh - YouTube

And, secondly, while I was walking home, another girl ran up beside me and walked with me because she was "scared" (it was and is dark out). She and I spoke for a while and the conversation didn't "hiccup" and that is an accomplishment considering I suck at conversations and women utterly terrify me::eek::. It turns out that she and I live in the same apartment complex; she's on the level below me. In both of those situations, I probably could've formed some level of a relationship with them. I wonder if I'll ever get the chance to. If I do, will I take it? There's only one way to find out:D!

Other than that though, I've finally started another one of my stories, which I'll post on here in due time. I think I've gotten the hang of things for this one; I like the way it's going. Also, tomorrow, I plan on resuming my volunteering at the "retirement home". Hopefully, I can get a job there. I'd really like to.

So, with that, I end this entry and look forward to the next!

Etbow23

Sounds like you're doing some good things :)

MikeyC

Welcome back, Deadman! Sounds like things are working out to their fullest potential already, and I couldn't be happier for you!

Chatting to two girls in one day is quite good. Having that girl live in your apartment complex might be very handy, so, if you're keen, try to talk to her more and see where that goes. You just never know!

Happy to see you're well, my friend.

DeadmanWalking

I'm going to start off today's post by saying this: if you are being bullied, you don't and shouldn't stand for it. You deserve better treatment. You should do whatever it takes to get it to stop; talk to some adults about it and come up with a plan to get your bullies away from you, whether it's getting you away from them or getting them away from you. There's something that you can do to make things stop. If you keep quiet, then things won't change. So, please don't be afraid to stand up for yourself.

I'm saying all of this because I was a victim of bullying up until recently. I told some people on here about this, but I want to put everything out there now. You see, when I moved to college for my current year, I had three roommates. Things started off well enough, but things got worse. They began to eat food that I had brought home, drink my water without asking, leave their clothes in the washer and dryer, knowing that other people had to use them as well, use my internet and didn't pay for it, and they began to smoke marijuana. They did it every day; I'm not even sure how often they were high and I don't care to know. They asked me if I wanted to smoke and, even after I told them no, they still continued to offer it to me. I even had smoke blown in my face to get me high. They were loud and always brought friends over who were just as loud. Things even got broken once. Overall idea was that they kept up a lot of noise, even to late at night, so I went to my apartment complex's office to report it. Days passed and, one day, as I came home, they comfronted me about going to office and reporting them because they had received a call from the office warning them about being too loud. I idiotically confessed and then I was threatened that, if I ever did it again, then there were going to be "problems". So, I shut up and things still continued. Eventually, I and a teacher that I had told my problems about went to the office again and spoke to the general manager about this. The three of us agreed that I had to get out of there quickly, so I was slated for a transfer. Long story short, days passed and I moved out yesterday. However, to note, a few days before my move, I walked into the house with the music blaring high as usual and marijuana smoke filled the air. The smoke got to me and I had a difficult time breathing. One of the roommates said hi to me and I weakly responded with a hi back, but because of the music and my desire to have clean air enter my lungs, he apparently didn't hear me. His response was to throw a honey bun at my back (which missed by a mile) and start talking about how I "disrespected him" and talk about how he'd beat up anyone else who "disrespected him" and how he would've punched me in the back of my head. Looking at him at that moment erased any fear I had for him; instead, all I saw was a pathetic display of a "man" trying his hardest to be tough and an adult. But, anyway, now I live elsewhere and things seem well enough for now. My internet and cable still need to be set up though, but, hopefully, by tomorrow, I should be back on here full-time:). So, everyone, have fun, be safe, and stand up for yourself because you deserve to be treated nicely.

But, because I don't like ending things on a somber note, I'll include a more relaxing tidbit from my current life. Yesterday, I went to my Creative Writing class and there's a girl there who likes to talk to me a lot. That day, she became really playful with me; she called my name a lot, touched me constantly, and just overall had fun with me. The other girls in the class took note of my apparent blush on my face and my apparent discomfort whenever she talks to me::eek::. So, I was asked if girls made me uncomfortable when they spoke to me, which I didn't get to answer (the answer is yes, I do; I get horribly nervous and scared around girls::eek::). So, after all of that smoothed over and class began, we had to write things and the girl kept asking me to present my works (a good hobby of hers, really). I relented and the class thought that my stuff was really funny. So, your "gynophobic" friend is capable of being funny::p:.

Anyway, until next time and I really hope that my Internet can get set up tomorrow.