The best way to approach Girls

Though, I've met someone who was both handsome, charming and confident, but still came across as creepy. To this day I still believe he was a pimp. lol

Now I recall why you look so familiar :p ... We helpful monks are always mistaken for pimps. Haha... just kidding. There's no way that could happen. We're much better looking!

LOL So you're the sex trafficker. Helpful monks? :D

Nope I'm the helpful monk! We are very helpful. If we see a pimp lost in our territory, we fly him back to his home via a friendly nudge and feed him knuckle sandwiches. Ancient lore has it that two monks help a pretty woman, much like yourself, across a river. One of the monks carried the pretty woman and later set her down on other side. The other monk asked him, "Are we not forbidden to touch women?" The first monk replied, "Brother, I have set her down. Why is it that you have not?"...

Or something like that. My ancient monkish memory is failing. But if you come over and need a monk to carry you across a river or road... I can tell you the rest of the story while carrying you... (haha, kidding, don't be mad yar?)

On topic: I think there's no one specific way to approach someone. Personally, I feel that it's better to let things happen naturally at the workplace or social gatherings of friends... A few of my friends have done well with formal gatherings of singles. Some through chance encounter... and so on...

Edit: The story is something I heard somewhere... so can't claim credit lol!

Last edited:

Pookah

Monks_by_mattahan.jpg

http://mattahan.deviantart.com/art/Monks-60311341?offset=20

Eam

I was approached by a guy who was interested in me a couple days ago. But i was with my grandmother. And he was oppenly flirting with me IN FRONT of my grandmother. Now my grammy has a problem with things like that, something that most people probably think is a myth...its called baby pictures. She started showwing him baby pictures of me and throwwing out the old baby stories no human should speak of. Especially in front of a shy person...i found out from this guy that when i am verrry uncomfortable, i mean pushed to the peak...my face twitches.
So, i think no guy should ever flirt with a girl in front of her deranged grandma.

That's embarrassing, how did the guy react?

I found your final piece of advice funny. ::p:

Avery

My traditional method of courting a girl has consisted of

1) making eye contact, and

2) doing absolutely nothing else.

Never worked so hot, even back when I was a good-looking guy. Girls naturally expect guys to approach them, and that's not something I'll ever do.

Bama_Heath

The best way to approach a girl is by simply being confident in yourself. I know it's easier said than done. Girls are generally not attracted to needy, shy guys with low self esteem. You have to kind of be 'Han Solo'. Be witty...girls like guys that make them laugh. Walk the fine line between being confident and cocky...but more confident. Don't be a jerk. Girls like 'badboys'....not 'choirboys'.

Pookah

The best way to approach a girl is by simply being confident in yourself. I know it's easier said than done. Girls are generally not attracted to needy, shy guys with low self esteem. You have to kind of be 'Han Solo'. Be witty...girls like guys that make them laugh. Walk the fine line between being confident and cocky...but more confident. Don't be a jerk. Girls like 'badboys'....not 'choirboys'.

Meh, Han Solo sucks. Spock all the way!

BlackKids

Very true. Today I was talking to a girl and I felt so at ease and confident. Conversation was fun, I told her she could take me out to which she giggled and replied she would.
I talked to a girl on friday and it felt like a complete balls. Didn't talk very much and when I did I didn't engage. BLAH! I guess some days your just in the zone.

I always find it strange girls say they want a nice guy but naaaaaaaa they dont. Twats seem to get much more loving

U

userremoved

I always find these kind of threads incredibly depressing. Why? Because there is so much conflicting advice on them. Some like confident men, some like shy men. x_x Which leads me to believe that there really isn't any sure fire way to success with the opposite sex. It's all come down to the individual you approach and sheer luck. Why must something so simple be so complicated? Are we really that different from each other?

Redskinsfan

I'm not that much different. I wouldn't give any random guy a chance either. That is unless he does or says something funny/unique. For example: years ago, I was out having drinks with friends when some guy came up to our table and started to tell us a joke. It was an idiotic joke, and my friends had no problem expressing their lack of enthusiasm. lol Still, the guy had such a great sense of humor about the whole situation even if he was clearly embarrassed by my friends' reaction. I would have given him a chance.

You should have given him the chance.

Redskinsfan

I always find these kind of threads incredibly depressing. Why? Because there is so much conflicting advice on them. Some like confident men, some like shy men. x_x Which leads me to believe that there really isn't any sure fire way to success with the opposite sex. It's all come down to the individual you approach and sheer luck. Why must something so simple be so complicated? Are we really that different from each other?

You're right. The truest statement i've ever heard about approaching women is that it's not an exact science.

What I find is that if you talk to them very calmly (like you have all the time in the world) they respond well. This includes talking very slowly and include some honesty.

Women like all types of confident men. Period. You can be on the quiet side and still be confident. I know of tons of people like that. Women hate WEAK men. Men with Social Anxiety are weak. If a girl picks up nervousness of any kind from a man, it's over.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
Women like all types of confident men. Period. You can be on the quiet side and still be confident. I know of tons of people like that. Women hate WEAK men. Men with Social Anxiety are weak. If a girl picks up nervousness of any kind from a man, it's over.

Social Anxiety is an illness, not a weakness :/ And not all girls are close minded as you think they are.

Tiercel

Forget about darts and chloroform, I'm ready to try approaching from behind with a stout wooden club. There's even a nice maple branch in the yard that will probably suffice with a little work.

It's straightforward. It's traditional. And I'm sure that after a few whacks I'll have worked out where to strike and where to avoid.

:D

agoraphobickatie

the best way to approach girls is.. CAUTIOUSLY! hahaha...

but seriously.. you have to get really good at figuring out what you think her feelings towards you may be first! before you say anything! see... if i'm into a guy and would prefer if he would say something to me rather than try to steal glances, i'll smile at him, smirk at him, do whatever to seem interested when he catches my eye! he could probably say almost anything goofy, silly, innocent or sweet and get away with it... however! if a guy is 'checking me out' and i'm not interested, i'll either avoid him like the plague, or straight up give him a sh!t look when he looks at me... it would not be good of him to say anything to me, because it'd just end up in rejection...

see what i'm sayin? i guess the best thing to do is try to catch her eye, see how she looks at you, and decide if you'd like to say something... if you do end up speaking, keep it cute, not too forward or 'romantic', try not to try too hard.. even if you come off as kinda shy, that's okay! if you seem a little shy, it might even make her feel more comfortable, ya know?

okay.. i'm done confusing people! :D