The best way to approach Girls

My question is this: for those men who would prefer that a woman make the first move because they themselves are too shy or intimidated to do the approaching, would they actually give the woman a chance once she made the first move or would they shy away and avoid her? There is only so much chasing that a person can do before the interrest is lost and that applies to both men and women.

Good point.

If it's just a random girl that I don't even know - then no, I wouldn't give her a chance. If I do know her (and she doesn't have to be friends with me, e.g. she is just in the same class as me), then definitely yes.

Nack

Banned
My question is this: for those men who would prefer that a woman make the first move because they themselves are too shy or intimidated to do the approaching, would they actually give the woman a chance once she made the first move or would they shy away and avoid her? There is only so much chasing that a person can do before the interrest is lost and that applies to both men and women.

I had one girl that made the first move, but the thing was I didn't even know her/ seen her before. I guess she was one of those who secretly watches from the background and then jumps when the pressure is too much. But, yea essentially I turned her down, you can't expect me to fall for someone I don't even know. I got a bag of goodies from it though :D

I'm not that much different. I wouldn't give any random guy a chance either. That is unless he does or says something funny/unique. For example: years ago, I was out having drinks with friends when some guy came up to our table and started to tell us a joke. It was an idiotic joke, and my friends had no problem expressing their lack of enthusiasm. lol Still, the guy had such a great sense of humor about the whole situation even if he was clearly embarrassed by my friends' reaction. I would have given him a chance.

Yeah, well, I only said I wouldn't give a chance in that situation because it freaks me out when that happens. And even if I do know that person, she has to be someone who is very open/outgoing, or I'd be convinced that everything would be too awkward.

Edit: Heh, I think we are hijacking the thread with this discussion.lol

Last edited:

Newtype

Back in high skool I was with my friend and some girl came up to him and give him a love letter. He took the letter and ripped it in two right in front of her. She just walked back to where she came from all disappointed and my friend had a look in his face like he didn't care. In my head, I was thinking: "WTF!?" But I didn't say anything. I felt too embarassed being beside him. I'm not his friend anymore.

Moral of the story: Girls, if you're gonna make the first movie, make sure the guy is not evil first.

Eam

lol Yeah, I've been called a "whore" for being the one who did the approaching. This was done by both the guy I approached and by others. Then the guys who are douche bags feel confident enough to approach me because they all heard that I was a slut and they thought I'd put out. Then the girls get mad because the guys are talking to me and those guys get mad because I don't sleep with them. I once slipped a guy my phone number and it was like a scandal. Ah! Good times! lol

Urgh! It's people like this who are messing things up for everyone. Sorry to hear about that experience.

Of course it can be done by both men and women. There's no such thing as "can't". Well, except in strict Muslim countries. A woman in Saudia Arabia would probably be asking for the death penalty if she approached a man with some kind of romantic interest.

In the Western world, it all depends on the individual. Some guys like to be approached and some guys don't. Some women like to be approached while others like to do the approaching.

Ladies, Serafina is leading the charge for a revolution, follow her lead!

Good for you too for not shying away, Eam. :)

Now to find Miss hypothetical who I'm already starting to get smitten with. :rolleyes:

mrb

with a sports jaguar brand new car :D wearing a 20.000 quid rolex watch , then trust me you wont have to say a fkn word they will come to you :rolleyes: errrrr not that i have a brand new jag or a rolex im just like saying ;)

BlackKids

If a guy were interested in me and he knew that I felt the same about him I would like it if he would pull me close and kiss me suddenly. I'd prefer that to just being asked out. How could I decline a date offer after that? lol

I'd love to try that but can't help but think if It goes wrong its gunna be a disaster. Don't really wanna get pepper sprayed and labeled a sex offender. Then again think of the glory. If I pulled this off it would only be right to change my name to Alfie :)

coyote

Whatever happened to the sexual revolution that leveled this playing field? Aren't men and women supposed to be equal now? Did this younger generation reverse all of that? Was it all a myth?

In 40 years - I have never been hit on by a woman....

Possible reasons:

1. There was no "sexual revolution" - that was just a hype product of popular media designed to sell consumer goods.

2. I'm so unattractive or unapproachable as to repulse all females I've encountered in 40 years.

3. I'm so obtuse or oblivious to social cues that I've been hit on countless times but didn't recognize it.

4. Perhaps I'm stunningly gorgeous, and women are so intimidated by my good looks that they are reluctant to approach me.

I think I'll go with the last one.

BlackKids

If more girls asked guys out it would be so much easier. Girls always make a point about how they are just like us when In reality they're more like an evil rubic cube.

Ignace

A Jaguar! Pfft! I'm only talking to him if he has a Ferrarri or a Lamborghini. I will take nothing less. ;) And he better be wearing this $25 million Chopard watch or else he gets no play.

In all seriousness, I would be impressed with a nice car, the work and discipline that it took for someone to work to afford the nice car, but that doesn't mean that I'd be impressed with the person driving it if they were jerks. Especially if he (or she) is pretentious. A person who has to impress someone with things like cars, money, and ludicrously priced watches...clearly does not understand the true human value.

Not everyone who owns a Ferrari has worked for it.::p:

mrb

now people i keep telling you girls are no diff from us males , just diff bumps in diff places , we all just want someone nice we can relate to and share our lives with .... you just have to find someone that you enjoy spending time with ... then build up from there really .. OMG did i just do a sensible post jesus i must be slipping :eek:

ありがとう

It's the social norm to think guys should make the first move, make them seem more confident and more appealing (who knows?)... I think maybe we just think that way due to the influence of tv programs and mass media, as well as in science term that men are seen as the dominate species as oppose to female.

But technically that's not true, I have known girls who make the first moves and asked guys out. I wondered many times why the guy I liked never asked me out as it was plain obvious I liked him, so I asked him out. Turns out he fears rejection. Is that what all of you fear? Is that why you don't ask them out or make the move? I think a lot of people need to get over that, if it doesn't work out, it just doesn't, there's nothing to be ashamed about. I'd be happy to know a guy liked me even if I didn't return my feelings.

And best way to approach a girl? Just casually say "hi, nice to meet you, my name is..." Less awkward in my opinion, it just shows you're friendly... Or comment on something she has, something like "Oh, that book, I read it before..."

shore_of_glass

If a woman made the move on me, I wouldn't care, although society can say you're a pussy because you need to approach women and not the other way around. Oh and, as I've never been approached by someone I'd like, I don't know if I would "black out" or something and push her away....

so yeah, I think I'd only hit on a woman in this life time if I was pretty drunk (and I've never been drunk). It sucks.

shore_of_glass

ありがとう;291534 said:
Is that what all of you fear? Is that why you don't ask them out or make the move? I think a lot of people need to get over that, if it doesn't work out, it just doesn't, there's nothing to be ashamed about. I'd be happy to know a guy liked me even if I didn't return my feelings.

yeah because fear is no big thing really

oh wait...

coyote

ありがとう;291534 said:
...Turns out he fears rejection. Is that what all of you fear? Is that why you don't ask them out or make the move?...

Yes. Exactly.