The 2012 phenomenon..any believers?

Niiña

I would like believe in that, but I think that the end Of the world is not coming on 2012. No one knows when it will happen but people regulary have invent this kind Of things, it was happening a lot last years ago.

Frecuently people says: Im very sure tomorrow the world ends, ok tomorrow comes! but all day everyone hope that the final moment comes.,..So.... the final hour never arrived.

AGR

In 2006 I said it once,2012 will come, the world wont end and I will still be single,said and done.:D

Starry

That could be the event which causes the end of the world.

Indeed, my husband thinks that it's quite likely something will happen just down to the fact that so many people are obsessed with the idea... They may end up doing something insane and damaging - not on a global scale, of course, but something destructive... There will probably be an increase in suicides just before it or on the day as some of the obsessed people become terrified and feel that they cannot face "the end"...

As for it being the end of the world, it is incredibly unlikely... But who knows, maybe something will happen... I'd prefer to think along the lines of ancient myths in that it wouldn't be the end of the world, but the end of this world as it is, which will be reborn... An end to culture and society as it is and a restart... Much more positive... It won't happen, unfortunately... But at some point it may... Societies will collapse and people will have to start from the beginning again...

BleedTheFreak

I don't believe it will happen but I've already decided that I'm not going outside that day. I'm afraid of what people might do.

A Many Splendored Thing

I posted something about this a while back. My brother, at the time, was buying MREs, and tons of survival stuff, as well as stocking up on ammo and knives. This was over the summer...since then, he's tamed it down, thank goodness, lol!

Personally, no I don't believe it and you are right, there are a lot of youtube BS out there

I think if anything were to 'happen' it would be in the likelihood of some solar flare - even that would have to be quite massive.

The Earth's magnetic field has been very unreliable lately. Perhaps the magnetic field completely disappears and one of the biggest solar flares in history hits the Earth at that moment.

At least those with solar panels will be generating a ton of electricity.

Steppen-Wolf

I'm sorry but this while thing about "2012" is really, really dumb. There's absolutely no reason to believe in it other than silly Internet stories with 0 scientific backing.

Section_31

im really not too concerned....

Mankind has been prophesizing doom and destruction since the stone age. It hasnt happened. well ok, with the exception of the dinosaurs, but that doesnt count! that was survivable by SOME species.

NASA even has a section on their official website where they address the 2012 myths lol.

We have a few billion years untill the sun explodes. Lots of time for us to develop warp drive, other ingenious devices (Cmon Jewel, get on it! ;) and get off this rock long before were caught in an expanding then imploding star.

LazyHermitCrab

Luckily i built a spaceship just in case. Who wants to join? We're gonna live the rest of our days on the moon on this awesome ship ;) that wouldn't be too bad actually lol. But really if it was real NASA would save at least save some of us...

bcsr

Of course it's nonsense. Just like all of the other end of the world predictions.

At least those with solar panels will be generating a ton of electricity
If the solar panels don't get "fried" themselves??!!! :eek:

The Earth's magnetic field has been very unreliable lately
Has it? (i hadn't noticed, nor read about). But last night i again got side-tracked on web, and ended up at some pages on doomsday 2012. The below i studied carefully & fully, and imho are the best, most believable (scientifically & otherwise) articles i've come accross on the web to date.

So here's couple of great articles, which i highly recommend socialphobiaworld members to read (just skip the really complex parts! hehe). Enjoy... :) :cool:
Part 1 - Doomsday, The Mayan Calendar and 2012 (scroll down to "The Galactic Alignment of December 21, 2012")
Part 2 - The Previous Doomsday of 12,950 BC: what was it like? (or click this link at end of article)

Perhaps the magnetic field completely disappears and one of the biggest solar flares in history hits the Earth at that moment
Not sure about the former, the solar flares, yes, that is what i now believe also.

Basically my understanding now, is that the Sun's magnetic field is currently malfunctioning (& :. letting in cosmic dust from Milky Way, when normally it "shields" the entire solar system from this & other things like gamma rays). Maybe it's connected to (which has been detected by scientists/astronomers) the Milky Way's core having significantly higher levels of radiation that usual. So perhaps it has begun already????? :eek:

gustavofring

God I thought people were over this like 2 years ago already.

There's absolutely no basis for anything happening except for a faulty/misunderstood interpretation of the calendar of an ancient civilization that couldn't even predict its OWN doom, let alone that of the world.

I wouldn't get your fears/hopes up.

Lea

Banned
:::::: 2012 Home ::::::

;)

If I was in my 20´s I may have believe it, but I learned there are loads of people with elaborate and believable theories, which in practice don´t work.. I don´t know what this man will do if it won´t work out, probably finds out some other crazy theory.

There is said in the Bible that we don´t know day nor hour which I find more believable, also God promised Noe that he never kills all living creatures again (like he did in the flood).

laure15

People, it's already happening. With conflicts going on all around the world, people hating each other, the world is already near its end...

A Many Splendored Thing

Has it? (i hadn't noticed, nor read about). But last night i again got side-tracked on web, and ended up at some pages on doomsday 2012. The below i studied carefully & fully, and imho are the best, most believable (scientifically & otherwise) articles i've come accross on the web to date.

So here's couple of great articles, which i highly recommend socialphobiaworld members to read (just skip the really complex parts! hehe). Enjoy... :) :cool:
Part 1 - Doomsday, The Mayan Calendar and 2012 (scroll down to "The Galactic Alignment of December 21, 2012")
Part 2 - The Previous Doomsday of 12,950 BC: what was it like? (or click this link at end of article)

Not sure about the former, the solar flares, yes, that is what i now believe also.

Basically my understanding now, is that the Sun's magnetic field is currently malfunctioning (& :. letting in cosmic dust from Milky Way, when normally it "shields" the entire solar system from this & other things like gamma rays). Maybe it's connected to (which has been detected by scientists/astronomers) the Milky Way's core having significantly higher levels of radiation that usual. So perhaps it has begun already????? :eek:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...if/350px-NASA_54559main_comparison1_strip.gif

Giant Breach in Earth's Magnetic Field Discovered - NASA Science

Geomagnetic reversal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So let's see, we line up perfectly in the Milky Way, Jupiter and Saturn line up perfectly on opposing sides of the sun, the Earth is positioned just right and has had magnetic swings, and the Mayan's predicted it?!

We're doomed.::p:

I don't really believe it, but anything can happen.