Something GOOD That Happened Today!

nightcrawler

At work today (I'm a postman) this attractive woman came out of her house to ask me something. I've fancied her for a while so was glad to see her. Anyway, I actually maintained eye contact throughout the conversation, smiled at her, and she also seemed pleasantly surprised when I called her by her first name. It was only a conversation, but it went well and I had a spring in my step for the rest of the day :)

Deus_Ex_Lemur

At work today (I'm a postman) this attractive woman came out of her house to ask me something. I've fancied her for a while so was glad to see her. Anyway, I actually maintained eye contact throughout the conversation, smiled at her, and she also seemed pleasantly surprised when I called her by her first name. It was only a conversation, but it went well and I had a spring in my step for the rest of the day :)

Dude, this is exactly the "small" things you should feel good about, that's great.

EscapeArtist

That's great!! Go get 'em, tiger.

IGotSeoul

Ron Artest legally changing his name to "Metta World Peace" may be old news, but it's good for me for at least 7 days, in the sense that I'm still laughing hysterically.

nightcrawler

Dude, this is exactly the "small" things you should feel good about, that's great.

That's great!! Go get 'em, tiger.

Thanks guys :) Another good thing is that I will see her on Thursday, as she asked if I could get her some rubber bands...which I obviously can in my job ;) I told her I'm off tomorrow (wednesday) but can knock on Thursday (with the bands) and she said she'll be in :D

simpsons2007

I left the house for the 1st time in 3weeks. Only went out for 20mins though I couldn't handle any longer than that.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Woke up early, went to the gym early, saw a guy was friendly with in past, avoided at first then said hi. Then was not going to say bye but so silly not to so went up to him and did and we talked a bit and I left. Good stuff.

I convinced a girl at work to stand up against an accusation saying that she stole from the cash register after talking to her in my break. About €40,- disappeared from the register during on of her shifts a few days ago.

But I shared a (separate) shift with her that day, and she repeatedly said she was dizzy and unwell that day. It was clearly a unfortunate mistake. Besides, she isn't the type of person that would steal. She was way too upset with the mere principle of being accused of stealing. The reason she was being accused of theft was because she mentioned something about the store's security being quite poor. Co-workers took that out of context, and pretty much backed up the theft suspicion. Blowing a mere suspicion into a semi-fullblown accusation. The co-workers there are all very nice people, but that was a rotten thing to do of them.

She was too upset and frustrated about to make any clear decisions, so after talking to her a bit I convinced her to re-address the situation with one of the social-counselors there, and the co-workers that took what she said out of context so that she could at least defend her good name. Which she did.

I don't know how the talk went since I was technically a outsider in the whole situation, and it's most likely not over yet, but at least she stood up against an otherwise ridicules accusation. Which is good.

^ Congrats :)

You're welcome. It's an English course diploma, even though I've learned more English by wasting my time on the Internet than attempting to be a good student all these years. My goal is to bring home the bacon teaching Spanish abroad, maybe in an Anglophone country, I didn't decided yet. That's why languages in general are so much important to me. I'm not perfect at English for the moment, being humble, but I think I get by