Single & Lonely? - Craving for someone

dyingtolive

Craving for someone

Hi,

Im wondering if anyone is in the same situation.
Well for the past maybe 7 years, i haven't actually felt that lonely. I felt like I needed to get better so maybe one day i'd be good enough, ready to accept myself and ready to let myself be accepted by someone else.

Growing up, i was not really shown affection or the reality of affection was hidden. My parents and family were very cold and i was made to feel shame and humiliated for wanting to have a friend or liking someone. I've always hidden having friends from my parents and would be ashamed to let them visit my then home. But thats so long ago anyway. I am 28 years old now.

Lately hanging out in these forums with so many people, i've been starting to feel like i craved to want to be with someone again. but i dont think i am there yet, so i think im going to have to make the feeling go away.

Do you people think about this? Is it something any of you think 1 minute out of a week after watching a sappy movie? Or is it something that you think of constantly?

Last edited:

Flowers-Of-Bloom

I'm happy being alone about 90% of the time but sometimes there's that horrible feeling of being completely alone, which I hate.

Xervello

I pretty much concur with everyone else, dtl. Like you, I was alone but didn't feel lonely. Except those instances where I'd watch an interesting movie, read a good book, discover a new band and desired having someone there with whom I could share those things. Every once in awhile I'd long for some romance and intimacy, but like the others have said I pushed it away and resumed how I was feeling. Though recently I had fallen for someone, and because it didn't work out I'm all switched around - what was my up, is now my down; everything has flipped. So I feel for you, dtl. With the exception of a very few people I think we all innately yearn for another. It's good that you're out in the world, at least. Perhaps you could alter your routine every so slightly to allow that your path crosses more people. Maybe something or someone interesting will come of it. Or not. But you wouldn't be asking if you weren't curious about the possibility, right?

Nathália

Not a relationship, but I crave a few friends or to be social.
I've been such a recluse for a while that even that desire is fading.

I am done with relationships for a while, but yes there are times when I think about them, but it does not consume me. I have little hope in people so my desire sky rocketed to the bottomless pit.

Dark angel

I think of it most of the time, my constant question is why I haven't met someone that could love me yet? I get where you are coming from. Differently from you I was raised by mom( my dad died when I was very young). She has done an excellent job raising and loving me and my brother. (Well, although I think she has overprotected me over the years, but I adore her) Still, I think that the lack of a father figure has always make me want someone there to fill that space. Not having him, also makes me wonder if that's the reason why am I so weak of character... mmmm... I don't know. But definitely your not the only one. And I'm 25, never being in a relationship. The feeling gets worst at night, when you know most of the couples or friends who have a significant other are probably together at the movies or sharing their time together while you are just at home with pretty much yourself. But like you, I think my current state of mind wouldn't be ideal to be in a relationship. I would have to accept first who I am in order to let other people in my life.

polishgirl

I am very sorry that your childhood had been so harsh on you and I feel like still you are seeking approval, permission for craving a relationship. Well, I think it's perfectly normal! I have this craving too, however I've come to realize that it's not going to happen soon. At least, not when I WANT it to happen. I've been trying to take my mind off of it, stop awaiting it. Supposedly, loves comes unexpectedly :)

Srijita52

I'm sorry about your childhood dyingtolive. I hope you find what you want soon.
As for me, I don't always crave it but sometimes seeing my friends and how pathetic I am makes me a little sad.

Nathália

This must make you feel very upset. I'm sorry. ::(:

You should. And if you ever doubt it, remember that this forum loves you. :)

Aww. I agree with Mikey. I don't think any of you are pathetic. Just because you're not accepted or whatever. Sorry you feel that way.