Single & Lonely? - Craving for someone

MikeyC

maybe something that adds to the yearning is hearing all these girls here in Spw. it makes me feel that there actually 'are' people that there is a chance with and that someone who would understand you and accept you actually exists.
Yeah, I kind of have to agree with this. :)

Deus_Ex_Lemur

It's tough... there are girls out there for you, same with just friends. Finding is one thing and getting out there, DOING something about it is another.

And believing in yourself that you're worth it, and it's hard if you're esteem is low, confidence low. It's hard to see how someone else would see you esp when so biased against self. Many potential opportunities are missed. The potential for heartbreak is too much for some but... what you gotta risk and experience.

But it's hard as time goes by and little to nothing happens ugh I know so well. :) We'll all get there though and find someone with the right support and chances.

MikeyC

And believing in yourself that you're worth it, and it's hard if you're esteem is low, confidence low. It's hard to see how someone else would see you esp when so biased against self.
Yeah, this is a problem that I constantly face. Hopefully I can get to a stage where my self-destruction doesn't hinder me.

The potential for heartbreak is too much for some but... what you gotta risk and experience.
Yeah, heartbreak is about the worst thing I've encountered so far and I really don't want to experience it again. However, by actively avoiding that, I have to avoid dating. I need to man up.

dyingtolive

I would love to meet someone, but meeting people is the tough part... Having a friendship and getting to know someone and gradually moving from there i think is not as difficult as meeting someone... maybe its different for others?

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Yeah, this is a problem that I constantly face. Hopefully I can get to a stage where my self-destruction doesn't hinder me.

Yeah, heartbreak is about the worst thing I've encountered so far and I really don't want to experience it again. However, by actively avoiding that, I have to avoid dating. I need to man up.

I relate Mikey. Yep :)

I would love to meet someone, but meeting people is the tough part... Having a friendship and getting to know someone and gradually moving from there i think is not as difficult as meeting someone... maybe its different for others?

I find it opposite personally... depends on situation right now it's harder to meet someone for me or just interact. But spurring a friendship and then making it potentially more and heh no that's the tough one imo and where I have failed for a long time :)

planemo

I used to crave for a girlfriend when i was in uni, when seeing other blokes talking to girls and wishing i had the same confidence. when i go to the mall (which is rare) those same feelings surface. i just hope or wish somehow, somewhere there is some women out there for me. but wanting something and something actually happening are two completely different things.

karl:-/

In the sense of relationships.....I never wish to have what another man possess,but to find my own way in love/life. We may like the same thing,but I wish no difference to come upon our friendship. Message! Good friends live buy this,so they don't **** on each others cornflakes... Or in lame turns keep off my ****!!!

ghostgrrl

All the time...

Same here... I'm emotionally needy... I am 100% monogamus. I don't just date... I don't give my heart easily... I love for long term relationships only. When I'm with someone, they are my world, I want to experience everything and do everything with them, constantly by each other's side 24/7. I don't have friends, never did. My partner is my world, I'm blind to everything and everyone else and I want to grow old with them. Its just finding that someone who compliments me in a positive uplifting manner and feels the same way on love.

ghostgrrl

I just want a snow cone to be honest. That's all I want. I'm not really into relationships or that sentimental crap.

love your cynicism, it lightened the topic... whether deep down inside its true or not... if you're happy with your life then thats all that matters alone or not alone.

ghostgrrl

I think of it most of the time, my constant question is why I haven't met someone that could love me yet? I get where you are coming from. Differently from you I was raised by mom( my dad died when I was very young). She has done an excellent job raising and loving me and my brother. (Well, although I think she has overprotected me over the years, but I adore her) Still, I think that the lack of a father figure has always make me want someone there to fill that space. Not having him, also makes me wonder if that's the reason why am I so weak of character... mmmm... I don't know. But definitely your not the only one. And I'm 25, never being in a relationship. The feeling gets worst at night, when you know most of the couples or friends who have a significant other are probably together at the movies or sharing their time together while you are just at home with pretty much yourself. But like you, I think my current state of mind wouldn't be ideal to be in a relationship. I would have to accept first who I am in order to let other people in my life.

I know how you feel about the night thing. Everyday coming home to an empty room, no one to cuddle up with to watch a movie, cook dinner with... but are so mature about you're situation, mom did do right by you. Believe me, you will find your relationship and 9outof10 times, you don't see it coming.

cowboyup

At times, when I am reading a book, watching a movie or when I am brave and venture out for a walk, and I see a couple, then that is when my mind begins to wander into that "gosh, I feel alone and lonely" but fades once I keep my mind busy - I find, for me, anyhow, it has helped me to keep my mind (and body) in motion, for lack of better words. Just simple housework, choosing a netflix movie or tv show that you know is gonna make you laugh your butt off and at least for that moment, just be.

Eckhart Tolle, someone mentioned, is a definitely good book to read. Sometimes it is hard to find 'that balance'

If you dwell on things long enough, it seems your whole world is consumed by those thoughts and feelings. Hard part is, though, stopping or momentarily halting those thoughts and feelings and trying to be content....easier said than done.

KitKat2

Sometimes, you can be lonelier with someone or people that you don't connect with. I'm so used to being on my own and quite like it often. Would be nice to be in a mutually fulfilling relationship though.

da_illest101

Same here... I'm emotionally needy... I am 100% monogamus. I don't just date... I don't give my heart easily... I love for long term relationships only. When I'm with someone, they are my world, I want to experience everything and do everything with them, constantly by each other's side 24/7. I don't have friends, never did. My partner is my world, I'm blind to everything and everyone else and I want to grow old with them. Its just finding that someone who compliments me in a positive uplifting manner and feels the same way on love.

Be careful, I don't think there is many person that would want to have their partner 24/7 with them, personally I would go nuts

ghostgrrl

Be careful, I don't think there is many person that would want to have their partner 24/7 with them, personally I would go nuts

No not many, but I'm thinking how marriages are, that aspect. There's trust, circle of friends/people you both know. so going out doing your own thing by yourself isn't a big deal. I meant coming home to someone waiting for you... a family/marriage life. I saw on another post your longest relationship experience was one week. I've been in 4 serious relationships in my life ranging from 7yrs, 2yrs, 7yrs and 1.5yrs. This is straight out moving in with the person, no dating and see them when you feel like it or or they feel like it.
No one would every get married or seek sustained emotional fulfillment if the human condition was detached so.

recluse

I have to admit that being alone is on my mind almost 24-7, the only time i can escape is when i am intensely involved in my hobbies. I usually find that certain things trigger my depression about being alone like when i am in a public place and see couples together, and when i am watching tv and i am constantly reminded by romantic scenes and adverts for dating sites.

The thing is i feel i am too much of an introvert/loner and relationships require devotion. I can't see a woman putting up with not seeing me for days even weeks because i am too immersed in my hobbies.

Number32

I can pretty much relate to all of the above...
It seems to be impossible to find a girl I'm attracted to both physical & socialy... and that rare occasion when it happens in one-way traffic... bummer

dyingtolive

yes, me too. i have met girls (friends) that are also a bit on the hermit side. unfortunately im just not attracted to them, but that would be cool to meet someone u dont have to see that often but still be together.

being lonely in the past years was not an issue because i always thought I WAS YOUNG. i was. Now not so at 29.
Well, i look like i am 21. I dont know if that is good or bad though...