Single & Lonely? - Craving for someone

psych

::(:Yes, unfortunately. I am. It's distracting at times.

Then, most days, I'm happy on my own... :cool:

AGR

Well around 24 to 25 years old it really got hard to bear,but what can you do,maybe some people are just meant to be alone.

dyingtolive

My-Girlfriend-Lives-In-The-Future_o_104317.jpg

thanks for the replies,
I guess its natural to have that yearning. Alot of you seem to be doing ok with the 90% ratio, which is good. I want to go back to that ratio i guess.

Craving can't help the feeling is true. I guess one thing that craving for someone can give is motivation. Like a 'muse' 'from the future'. In finding reasons to live and pushing myself. It can be good fuel too

Last edited:

SM1010

I avoided women until I was 23, too much anxiety. I'm 25 now and have gone out with a bunch of women the past couple years but I still crave a relationship.

I can find women I'm really physically attracted to but just don't have a connection with and I can find cool women who I'm just not very attracted to. But it seems impossible to find a woman I'm attracted to both physically and emotionally.

Fighter86

I live with family but its frustrating and unhappiness is common. My mom does not care much for me and she influences our other sibling against us. She is a not a good mother to say the least and work front I feel very bullied by colleagues as well. It is combination of these that make me feel incrediably lonely. I have neither friends to talk to nor do things ever work out on relationships side. None of the men I met are genuine to me even without caring about that somehow after getting to know me, they lose interest very quickly. Probably because I am neither interesting nor show an interest in interacting with their friends. Further I have not been able to meet someone who shares same interests as me or has qualities for that I look for in a partner. Last of all being in the bad situation I am with family I have considered moving out, but with no support group it is not feasible.

Srijita52

I live with family but its frustrating and unhappiness is common. My mom does not care much for me and she influences our other sibling against us. She is a not a good mother to say the least and work front I feel very bullied by colleagues as well. It is combination of these that make me feel incrediably lonely. I have neither friends to talk to nor do things ever work out on relationships side. None of the men I met are genuine to me even without caring about that somehow after getting to know me, they lose interest very quickly. Probably because I am neither interesting nor show an interest in interacting with their friends. Further I have not been able to meet someone who shares same interests as me or has qualities for that I look for in a partner. Last of all being in the bad situation I am with family I have considered moving out, but with no support group it is not feasible.

Oh that really sucks. :( I'm sorry.

karl:-/

I'm with beleza... It socializing nd that kind of wanting to be with some one.. thats what i want but I stop my self because of my HH.. saves me stressing later about did that notice, are they talking about it.. but this site has helped a little I find comfort here as there's no descrimination plus people can relate to you on here. The world just seems to busy at times

Gaucho

yes, but at the same time i wonder if I'm able to fall in love with someone. i also want friends, but at the same time my irrational thoughts say i won't enjoy being with them, i won't be able to find joy with being with someone.

Nathália

yes, but at the same time i wonder if I'm able to fall in love with someone. i also want friends, but at the same time my irrational thoughts say i won't enjoy being with them, i won't be able to find joy with being with someone.

I wonder that at times to and I wonder if it's a result of me becoming my anxiety by participating in society less. It is possible Gaucho, one just have to stay strong and work on this "monster" (anxiety).

Richey

Me too ::(:

A good environment always helps though and positive. If you are around cynical people and older people tend to be really smug and "think they know everything" (some, not all). If your living environment feels really negative then that has an impact on mood and motivation, if the same deal is happening at work/uni/school/whatever then it will probably have the same demotivational effect.

Once i started learning guitar and got myself into a few interests then my purpose changed. I have other things to keep me motivated when everything else isn't working, you know why? Because that is within my control.

When you have little motivation and you are in a non-ideal environment then that mood will influence you, where as if you start to control the things you can control, interests, education, exercise, diet, applying yourself even when you feel in a lull then its the best feeling ever, because you know you are simply "Doing".

Now when it comes to friends, the best thing? Go places, concerts, festivals, markets, holidays. Try your best to escape that repetitive environment of always going to your bedroom or house every day where you simply may be sick of it and you feel flat from the same routine.

Your soul may be screaming out to break the same routine and environment, which is what can cause depression and feeling unmotivated. Because its as if you are waiting for things to come to you, which never happens.

Last edited:

Ashiene

As davecat once said, "I can be alone, but I cannot be lonely." which is why he chose to indulge himself in the company of a love doll.

dyingtolive

i agree with richey, having hobbies u are passionate about or at least that u can control helps.

About going to other environments though, that one is more difficult but also true.

MrSunday

I just want a snow cone to be honest. That's all I want. I'm not really into relationships or that sentimental crap.

da_illest101

Not that much before, but for the past two years and even more now yes I do. I saw that all my cousins are in a relationship, which really frustrate me. Everytime I see couples playing with their kids it makes me feel sad.

But how can someone like me even be able to handle being in a relationship. I was in one, 5 years ago, which lasted a week and it was one of the worse experience of my life. My anxiety was so damn high that I couldn't eat or sleep.

lonely_drummer

For the past 4 1/2 years I've been embracing my loneliness from pushing any potential loves away, however recently, for the past few months, Ive been craving this SOOOOO much. I don't know if this is a sign telling me that Im ready to get back into this world but once you've gone this far and long without it, its pretty difficult to go back, nearly impossible.

Daniel089

I'm the same as you. I never had gf and I'm 23. I'm dying in envy whenever I hear someone at the age of 15 already has a job and girlfriend and accomplished many things I didn't yet. In fact I only get depressed these days when I think of other dudes' huge experiences with girls. Why can't it happen to me? I feel the whole world is building up some big conspiracy on me or something. I would not only like to have a girlfriend just to love her, I'd be delighted if she shared me anything in the world, I would be her soulmate, and she would even help me overcome my social fears which would mean a lot to me.

Last edited:

dyingtolive

maybe something that adds to the yearning is hearing all these girls here in Spw. it makes me feel that there actually 'are' people that there is a chance with and that someone who would understand you and accept you actually exists.