Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

First COVID shot tomorrow morning. I'm not worried at all about my arm being sore or feeling lightheaded/nauseous afterwards, but I am worried to death about showing up at the pharmacy and standing in the wrong line for 20 minutes or something like that. I'd like to just skip all the procedure and get to the stabby bit, please.
I was confused by the line (whether I needed to stand in it since I'd already checked in online), held my arm totally wrong and had to have it moved for me and placed in my lap, and utterly failed at rolling up my sleeve. I've been training and hopefully I can ace those for the second shot.

First COVID shot tomorrow morning. I'm not worried at all about my arm being sore or feeling lightheaded/nauseous afterwards, but I am worried to death about showing up at the pharmacy and standing in the wrong line for 20 minutes or something like that. I'd like to just skip all the procedure and get to the stabby bit, please.
Update: Stood in line for only 18 minutes. After 5 minutes, realized nobody else was in that line for the vaccine, and the front of the line was a "Pick-Up" window. Started to think I was in the wrong place. Good thing I had a mask on, because I had to try not to laugh when I realized that I totally called it with that post last night.

Got to the front, turned out I was in the right place after all, the form I had to fill out was done correctly, I had all of the required information, and was told to take a seat. Nothing remotely awkward about it.

The actual vaccination process, of course, was nothing. The dude was so gentle with the pokey bit that I thought it was just a warning shot and then it was over. A vaccine kind of is a warning shot, now that I think of it. I don't remember ever getting a vaccine before in my life (thanks, anti-vax mom), but I knew that part wouldn't be difficult. No real side effects, either, at least not yet. My arm kinda feels like I slept on it funny last night, but no pain unless I accidentally walk it into a door frame. That only happened once.

Anyway, next episode in 28 days.

I was confused by the line (whether I needed to stand in it since I'd already checked in online), held my arm totally wrong and had to have it moved for me and placed in my lap, and utterly failed at rolling up my sleeve. I've been training and hopefully I can ace those for the second shot.
Hey nobody is born good at that stuff, it's all about getting the practice.

Sammie_Kay

Thank you both for saying such things.... I am always soo worried about going to the wrong place or driving and missing a turn or saying /doing the wrong thing. It is really nice to see other people are like me. I had to get test for covid a while back and went to a walk in clinic.. I made a appointment online and then when we got there had to sign in and then wait to be called in.. My "normal" bf was chill and waited outside. I was freaking out the whole time and must have said to him a million time, "what if they call us and we can hear cause we are outside". I much rather have waited inside with a ton of other people just to make sure I could hear when it was my turn... How crazy was I.. I hope both of your 2nd shots go better/ or well! and that you dont have any nasty side effects!

SilentAndShy

I'm 34. When is this anxiety supposed to get better? It drains me physically sometimes with the anxiety episodes in a day and I think this isn't going to leave me is it. I'm past the age where I can implement changes that will be long lasting and this is what I have to make the best out of. Not having someone to confide, seek support from doesn't help.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
My oldest sister, the other day, mentioned that she'd been watching YouTube videos on off-grid living. Which isn't something I'd have had any interest in when I was. But, now that I'm older, I won't actually mind living in the middle fuckin' nowhere, away from people.

Especially, after the Thursday just passed there, when the middle sibling — who is a fully grown adult female — started an argument and went into expletive-laden door slamming rage over cold, leftover oven chips from the evening's dinner being left in the fridge. 🤦‍♂️ Even though they were going to be reheated and eaten the following day, as I said I have them for my lunch. 😒

Sammie_Kay

I'm 34. When is this anxiety supposed to get better? It drains me physically sometimes with the anxiety episodes in a day and I think this isn't going to leave me is it. I'm past the age where I can implement changes that will be long lasting and this is what I have to make the best out of. Not having someone to confide, seek support from doesn't help.
32 here and I feel like the older I get the more anxiety I get. I wish I could remember how I handled my life when I was younger. I dont believe yours past the age to make changes. Everyday is a new day and every day you can work on getting better. You have us to confide in! We are always here to support you!

Phoenixx

Such beautiful weather this week and I can't seem to get outside to actually enjoy it because I have so many god damn things to do inside to catch up on. When am I going to be rich enough to just hire a permanent live-in maid? :unsure: Better yet, where are the robots that are supposed to do the cleaning? I need my own Rosie.