Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

LoyalXenite

Hmm no, this world doesn’t suit me so well ...
This is why I don’t like to discuss the two sides we have to choose from and find it boring. Nothing to do with being entitled.

View attachment 5386
This meme is how I feel about our two main parties too (Labor and Liberal) but thankfully the Greens seem to be starting to become more popular here so perhaps the two party system is on its way out. But my intention was not to get you talking politics, nor was I trying to call you entitled. Just sharing the post that came to my head when I read your post.

Phoenixx

I do love my in-laws, but jebas do they sometimes drive me nuts. It's mainly my MIL. She basically hates everyone -- not even in a joking way like most people love to say. She literally does not like anyone or doing anything with anyone else besides her family. She and my FIL wanted to come over to visit and drop off some things. My mother was going to be here at the same time they were, and of course I have to let them know that. So now they're not coming until this evening, when I want to be making dinner and relaxing. 😐 Because they absolutely cannot be in the same place at the same time with my mother. I know she can be overbearing, being a completely talkative extrovert (something I definitely didn't inherit!), but I do get tired of the waits or no-shows because of this. :rolleyes:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I'm driving up to Williamsburg tomorrow.

My cousin and I are going to hit the outlets and cruise down memory lane. He grew-up in the Newport News/Hampton area and we're gonna go over there as well. I have so many great memories of that place.

Outlets, historic Williamsburg, cherished memories... but the main thing...

we're hitting a little spot called HOT DOG KING. 😋

hdk.jpg

Just hoping I sleep well, it would suck to go up there tomorrow dead-tired and super anxious. :mad:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?

My cousin and I are going to hit the outlets and cruise down memory lane. He grew-up in the Newport News/Hampton area and we're gonna go over there as well. I have so many great memories of that place.

hdk.jpg

Just hoping I sleep well, it would suck to go up there tomorrow dead-tired and super anxious. :mad:
Sounds like a good day out. Hope you have an awesome day mate! (y)

Phoenixx

Sounds like an awesome trip! I went to VA Beach and Norfolk 1 1/2 years ago with the hubs for our honeymoon. (We also hit up DC for a day as well during that whole trip) I had never been down that way before and I had a blast! Had a lot of fun checking out the sights even in the middle of February -- did a whale watching cruise, checked out the aquarium, zoo, and a couple art museums, and we even got our nature fix walking the beaches, doing some bird watching, dolphin watching, and even got to do some walking at False Cape. I would love to go back to VA someday. It's such a fun state! ❤️😊

Hope you have an awesome time and a fun trip tomorrow! 👍

theoutsider

So, the person who was trying to sabotage mine and a few others' work at my job has had it blow up in her face. She was questioned by her higher ups as to why things always seem to stop with her yet everybody else is to blame (according to her). She's been removed from the process. I'm not one to root for someone else's demise but I have to admit I'm feeling pretty good about that.

SoScared

So, the person who was trying to sabotage mine and a few others' work at my job has had it blow up in her face. She was questioned by her higher ups as to why things always seem to stop with her yet everybody else is to blame (according to her). She's been removed from the process. I'm not one to root for someone else's demise but I have to admit I'm feeling pretty good about that.
Often you don't have to get involved or interfere. People will hang themselves if you give them enough time.

Phoenixx

Having a really fucking terrible day. Started first thing this morning with both the dogs getting in a huge fight. Our oldest has really declined this year cognitively. Three times already this year she's snapped at me out of the blue. (She's had other symptoms but won't get into it now -- basically I think it's almost time for her to go but husband won't let her go which is sad) Over the summer she went after our GSD and she didn't back down. That was horrible to break up and I prayed it wouldn't happen again. Well it did today right as I was about to leave for work. Good thing it happened in the kitchen because I broke it up spraying cold water from the kitchen sink. Got myself and the floor soaked but no one hurt thankfully. Made me late to work though. Thankfully my job is understanding. But it left me so rattled though I've been "off" all day, and sure enough caused an injury to my hand this afternoon at work. Burned myself and was sent to the er as a precaution. Hurts like a bitch and have to stay bandaged up for the next couple days. No production at work for me but I have training courses still to do, so I'll still get to go to work and be paid. I'm just so freaking pissed off over everything though. 😡🤬

I felt pretty good all day, but then I ruined it by overthinking everything. Excellent work, as usual. (y)

I've been living alone and working remotely for the last 8 months now. I don't see another human Monday through Friday, unless you count Zoom calls. New developments at work mean they might not be opening the office again.... ever. I want to be alone by choice, not by force.

My golf game is coming along, though.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Ya sure get some dumb c_%# sellers on eBay. That's the 2nd one who's attempted to scam me outta money. Unfortunately for them, though, they've only gone and lied about receiving an item that I've supposedly return to them for a refund. Mainly because I just got it posted back to me this morning. :unsure::LOL:

Phoenixx

Having a really fucking terrible day. Started first thing this morning with both the dogs getting in a huge fight. Our oldest has really declined this year cognitively. Three times already this year she's snapped at me out of the blue. (She's had other symptoms but won't get into it now -- basically I think it's almost time for her to go but husband won't let her go which is sad) Over the summer she went after our GSD and she didn't back down. That was horrible to break up and I prayed it wouldn't happen again. Well it did today right as I was about to leave for work. Good thing it happened in the kitchen because I broke it up spraying cold water from the kitchen sink. Got myself and the floor soaked but no one hurt thankfully. Made me late to work though. Thankfully my job is understanding. But it left me so rattled though I've been "off" all day, and sure enough caused an injury to my hand this afternoon at work. Burned myself and was sent to the er as a precaution. Hurts like a bitch and have to stay bandaged up for the next couple days. No production at work for me but I have training courses still to do, so I'll still get to go to work and be paid. I'm just so freaking pissed off over everything though. 😡🤬
My lovely day didn't stop there. Sure enough, as soon as I came home from work that, the oldest (she's a 35 lb. beagle at nearly 15 years old to put in perspective) went after our GSD (literally three times her size, 13 months) AGAIN and of course nearly got herself killed. So, so, so freaking scary! We took her into the emergency vet an hour away and spent nearly the whole night there. I told him he should just let her go, but of course we're not doing that. 😫 Wound up paying out the ass to have her treated with pain meds, antibiotics, and 10 stitches, leaving the other puncture wounds open as they didn't look too concerning that they'd get infected or wouldn't heal on their own. She looks like a mess and now we've had to arrange the whole living situation. I am 100% backing out of her care. I do not trust her at all after this whole situation. She's my husband's dog, she's never reacted negatively towards him or even shown her episodes around him, his responsibility. I know I sound like a dick saying that, but I'm not getting in harm's way and I'm not letting her risk harming others or herself picking the wrong fights. My husband will now be keeping her in the basement while we're at work, take her out to do her business alone when he's home, and then taking her to bed once our GSD is in her bed and crated. I'll feed her, and give her pills, but that's about it. Everything else is 100% him. Even taking her to appointments. I'm not risking getting bit lifting her in and out of the car. I'm also not risking getting bit changing any dressings.

The most frustrating thing about this is the fact that 2 years ago I saw the signs of her cognitive function declining -- alzheimers, dementia, whatever you want to call it since I don't even have an official diagnosis -- and no one wanted to listen to me. Some days I caught her staring into space or standing in front of cupboards and staring at them. It was only every once in a great while, not an everyday occurrence. On top of that, at least once a month she'd pee in the house. Actually for a long time I didn't see any signs at all. I still brought it up with the vet we were seeing at the time and they didn't have any answers for me. They thought it was just her old age and she didn't really have dementia or anything since it wasn't continuous. Well, now that we've had a new vet the past year, I brought it up to them last fall when she was in that she seems confused some days, hoping maybe these people would listen. Nope. Didn't know why she licks her bed constantly, wanders around at night, but still manages to keep a schedule okay for the most part. She wasn't getting caught in tight spaces or doorways, so nothing apparently was wrong.

Now this year she's been acting out in aggression and wandering around at night and doing weird stuff and then this happens. Does someone want to listen now????? 😠😤 I'm also afraid all the work I put into our GSD will be erased after these incidents. She's not an aggressive dog by any means, I raised her to love other animals, children, and other people (despite her being guarded around certain men -- still working on that), from the week I got her I sent her to daycare, purposely chose a pet sitter with other animals and children, and took her to the park for socialization, just so she was raised to be a great dog who wasn't fearful, but I'm so scared of her getting that aggressive label now and actually becoming that way. I'm going to work with her this weekend again, since I had to put an end to a lot of it this summer thanks to covid. Just sit at the park at a distance and watch her reactions to others and other dogs. I'll plan to do this for a while I think, even with winter coming and as long as covid restrictions stay as they are or better. Again, I'm just so scared of this incident having a large impact on her overall behavior and training now.

Ugh, what a very long, very scary day that I never want to relive ever again. In better news, today is Thursday which means the week is almost over and I am so looking forward to it. Get paid Friday, will do holiday shopping (online) this weekend, and hopefully just keep to myself the whole weekend. My hand is healing pretty quickly and won't need a wad of gauze wrapped around it today so I can function better again and actually type all this.

LoyalXenite

My lovely day didn't stop there. Sure enough, as soon as I came home from work that, the oldest (she's a 35 lb. beagle at nearly 15 years old to put in perspective) went after our GSD (literally three times her size, 13 months) AGAIN and of course nearly got herself killed. So, so, so freaking scary! We took her into the emergency vet an hour away and spent nearly the whole night there. I told him he should just let her go, but of course we're not doing that. 😫 Wound up paying out the ass to have her treated with pain meds, antibiotics, and 10 stitches, leaving the other puncture wounds open as they didn't look too concerning that they'd get infected or wouldn't heal on their own. She looks like a mess and now we've had to arrange the whole living situation. I am 100% backing out of her care. I do not trust her at all after this whole situation. She's my husband's dog, she's never reacted negatively towards him or even shown her episodes around him, his responsibility. I know I sound like a dick saying that, but I'm not getting in harm's way and I'm not letting her risk harming others or herself picking the wrong fights. My husband will now be keeping her in the basement while we're at work, take her out to do her business alone when he's home, and then taking her to bed once our GSD is in her bed and crated. I'll feed her, and give her pills, but that's about it. Everything else is 100% him. Even taking her to appointments. I'm not risking getting bit lifting her in and out of the car. I'm also not risking getting bit changing any dressings.

The most frustrating thing about this is the fact that 2 years ago I saw the signs of her cognitive function declining -- alzheimers, dementia, whatever you want to call it since I don't even have an official diagnosis -- and no one wanted to listen to me. Some days I caught her staring into space or standing in front of cupboards and staring at them. It was only every once in a great while, not an everyday occurrence. On top of that, at least once a month she'd pee in the house. Actually for a long time I didn't see any signs at all. I still brought it up with the vet we were seeing at the time and they didn't have any answers for me. They thought it was just her old age and she didn't really have dementia or anything since it wasn't continuous. Well, now that we've had a new vet the past year, I brought it up to them last fall when she was in that she seems confused some days, hoping maybe these people would listen. Nope. Didn't know why she licks her bed constantly, wanders around at night, but still manages to keep a schedule okay for the most part. She wasn't getting caught in tight spaces or doorways, so nothing apparently was wrong.

Now this year she's been acting out in aggression and wandering around at night and doing weird stuff and then this happens. Does someone want to listen now????? 😠😤 I'm also afraid all the work I put into our GSD will be erased after these incidents. She's not an aggressive dog by any means, I raised her to love other animals, children, and other people (despite her being guarded around certain men -- still working on that), from the week I got her I sent her to daycare, purposely chose a pet sitter with other animals and children, and took her to the park for socialization, just so she was raised to be a great dog who wasn't fearful, but I'm so scared of her getting that aggressive label now and actually becoming that way. I'm going to work with her this weekend again, since I had to put an end to a lot of it this summer thanks to covid. Just sit at the park at a distance and watch her reactions to others and other dogs. I'll plan to do this for a while I think, even with winter coming and as long as covid restrictions stay as they are or better. Again, I'm just so scared of this incident having a large impact on her overall behavior and training now.

Ugh, what a very long, very scary day that I never want to relive ever again. In better news, today is Thursday which means the week is almost over and I am so looking forward to it. Get paid Friday, will do holiday shopping (online) this weekend, and hopefully just keep to myself the whole weekend. My hand is healing pretty quickly and won't need a wad of gauze wrapped around it today so I can function better again and actually type all this.

It sounds like a very stressful situation, fights between dogs are horrible and stressful as all hell. Positive reinforcement and encouragement to positive interactions with other dogs is good for helping your GSD be able to stay ok with other animals. Does your husband have any family members that could take in his dog? Coz that could be a potential option to keep them apart easier, until she reaches the point where he is ready to put her down

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I know one of the foundational qualities of depression is having a negative view of yourself, others, and/or the world so I try to take my thoughts and feelings with a grain of salt. But a feeling that has been lingering with me for a while, and will sprout up more strongly when I see something that reinforces the idea, is that the world is broken. Or maybe not broken, that's not really the right word as it suggests there is an un-broken version of it that can be attained, or that once was. Perhaps saying the world is imperfect by design is what I mean.

Whether it's on a small interpersonal level, giant global level, or simply within ourselves, with the world we have and the people within it an ideal doesn't just seem unattainable, it just seems to me to not exist in many situations. Take a relationship where one person wants to leave and the other wants to stay. It's simple right, the person who wants to leave leaves, and the other gets over it, that's the ideal, right? It's just people aren't that simple. People are complicated. Maybe they try to move on and can't. Maybe they are unwilling to move on for reason A or reason B that is fundamental to who they are. Maybe it isn't simple, and it's really deciding which of the two halves of the relationship is unhappy moving forward. Or maybe the best they can do is find the least un-ideal situation.

I don't necessarily even mean this to be cynical, more as to identifying and accepting the world as it is to help best navigate it. The mindset of "If we just did this" or "I just did that" or "If everyone else would just act like this or that" is bullshit. It's not that there is one thing that is preventing things from being the ideal. The pieces of the puzzle we have are not designed to fit together perfectly, and they never will. All we can hope to do is fit them together the best we can, and hope we don't damage too many in the process.

At least that's how I think of it at the moment. And I understand why it's a cornerstone of depression, it's hard to feel great when seeing things this way. Sometimes things just suck and there's no good solution. I suppose I'd feel better if I didn't focus on it so much, but I don't think it would make it any less true.

Phoenixx

It sounds like a very stressful situation, fights between dogs are horrible and stressful as all hell. Positive reinforcement and encouragement to positive interactions with other dogs is good for helping your GSD be able to stay ok with other animals. Does your husband have any family members that could take in his dog? Coz that could be a potential option to keep them apart easier, until she reaches the point where he is ready to put her down
We did talk about this. Ideally, I would want that for her, but unfortunately there's no one we know that would be willing or able to take her. Between other pets and children, that rules out his siblings and my parents. (She used to love children too and now she doesn't like them at all, sadly.) His parents don't like animals in the house long-term either so that also rules them out. No close friends nearby to help either. To add to that, even if she did end up somewhere else that could care for her in the best way she needs, her health would probably deteriorate worse than it is now. When we've had her dropped off at his parents to care for her a night or two while my husband and I had to be away somewhere in the past, she never ate the whole time she was there. She's so attached to my husband, she definitely has separation anxiety which only adds to all her issues. It's just a really hard situation all around, always has been with her. I feel at a complete loss of what to even do anymore. Been treating her for the last handful of years now for her numerous ailments with zero improvement of quality of life other than seemingly just making her comfortable. I want to be done with it -- actually, I am done with it. I just wish my husband was done too. :(

Phoenixx

People have been rushing and crowding stores like crazy here this weekend. Everyone seems stressed as hell and have been nothing short of rude everywhere I've had to go. I think it's the fact that the holidays are coming up and everyone is panicking again on what to do given how 2020 has been this far. That plus everyone is still in a tizzy over the election and having pissfits about it. Boy I wish everyone would just shut up and just accept what is. 🤦

I took some much needed time yesterday and went for a walk for a couple hours. Went to the park and also checked out a nature preserve -- really just a large chunk of woods with a pond that had trails put in -- that opened near my house this year. I didn't see too much wildlife unfortunately, it was a cold and sunny day, but it was still nice being away from everyone else. Didn't spend much time taking pictures but did find a couple nice views.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201115-115546_copy_402x399.png
    Screenshot_20201115-115546_copy_402x399.png
    300.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_20201115-115520_copy_402x400.png
    Screenshot_20201115-115520_copy_402x400.png
    470.3 KB · Views: 4