Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Last week I was at the store and I was buying underwear and socks. There was this guy milling up and down the underwear aisle so I left and came back after a few minutes and he was still there. So I was like "Dang, what's the holdup, I need to get out of here and you're sending my anxiety through the roof." So I walked over and just hastily grabbed a box of what I THOUGHT was the same style of underwear that I usually get.

WRONG.

I pulled one out of the box today, Easter Sunday, running late as heck, and discovered, to my horror, that these were what I call "Pretty Boy Panties" or "Stripper Boxers." I will NEVER be this guy, but I haven't done laundry due to the quarantine and they were all I had to wear. So long story short, I had to walk around at my mom's yesterday for two hours, making conversation, eating supper, wishing my granddad a happy birthday (it was yesterday, as well) and the whole time I know I'm wearing these aqua blue, tight as Hell, Chippendale hammocks under my pants. :LOL:

It was sooooo uncomfortable, physically AND mentally. As soon as I got home I just ripped them off and threw them in the hamper.

LoyalXenite

It's scary how few young people in my town are wearing masks right now.

No, in all likelihood you're not going to get sick and die from Corona, but what about your grandparents and every older person you come into contact with? I went to Walmart today and the cavalier attitude of Zoomers was shocking.

A big part of that is probably the fact that the majority of the masks people are donning are entirely ineffective against viruses and the ones that are of use are either sold out/being restricted to medical workers or at risk people/ or are being ridiculously overpriced. At least thats whats happening around here and in a lot of the posts that I see

LoyalXenite

Last week I was at the store and I was buying underwear and socks. There was this guy milling up and down the underwear aisle so I left and came back after a few minutes and he was still there. So I was like "Dang, what's the holdup, I need to get out of here and you're sending my anxiety through the roof." So I walked over and just hastily grabbed a box of what I THOUGHT was the same style of underwear that I usually get.

WRONG.

I pulled one out of the box today, Easter Sunday, running late as heck, and discovered, to my horror, that these were what I call "Pretty Boy Panties" or "Stripper Boxers." I will NEVER be this guy, but I haven't done laundry due to the quarantine and they were all I had to wear. So long story short, I had to walk around at my mom's yesterday for two hours, making conversation, eating supper, wishing my granddad a happy birthday (it was yesterday, as well) and the whole time I know I'm wearing these aqua blue, tight as Hell, Chippendale hammocks under my pants. :LOL:

It was sooooo uncomfortable, physically AND mentally. As soon as I got home I just ripped them off and threw them in the hamper.
giphy.gif

Phoenixx

Thinking about doing some painting in the house while I'm still off from work. I'm getting tired of looking at butter yellow walls in my kitchen. Ick! Not sure if I can even buy paint right now though. Plus it's not necessary, just something I want to do.

Another thing I've been thinking about wanting to do this year is get a tattoo. I've wanted one for a long time now, and I'm ready to bite the bullet and just do it. But I'm still undecided on what exactly I want. Not that I need to figure that out right away since nothing is even open anyways.

FountainandFairfax

I sent my ex an email, hoping she's getting through the Corona alright and she didn't respond, LMAO.

Ain't it a shame we can't meet people again for the first time? Oh well, we wouldn't learn if it didn't hurt, I guess.

Phoenixx

I had to go to the store today. I hate going places even moreso right now because of this virus, people are either super paranoid or don't care enough, and I also don't want to deal with them.

I had to have an assistant help me get something. I was so eager to get what I needed and to get out that I didn't even realize how close I was standing to the person helping me. I mean, I was standing right up close to her, but I wasn't abiding the 6 ft apart rule. She told me to back up, was really nice about it, but I still feel really stupid about the situation. I've been really careful in public since this whole thing started, but today I guess my brain didn't want to bother.

LoyalXenite

Thinking about doing some painting in the house while I'm still off from work. I'm getting tired of looking at butter yellow walls in my kitchen. Ick! Not sure if I can even buy paint right now though. Plus it's not necessary, just something I want to do.

Another thing I've been thinking about wanting to do this year is get a tattoo. I've wanted one for a long time now, and I'm ready to bite the bullet and just do it. But I'm still undecided on what exactly I want. Not that I need to figure that out right away since nothing is even open anyways.

As someone with 9 tattoos (or 10 if you want to be technical since one got significantly added to) I strongly support this :LOL:
I've been thinking about my next few designs myself, I've got one that I'd had decided for some time and am considering a couple other ideas

Phoenixx

As someone with 9 tattoos (or 10 if you want to be technical since one got significantly added to) I strongly support this :LOL:
I've been thinking about my next few designs myself, I've got one that I'd had decided for some time and am considering a couple other ideas
Not sure if it sounds dumb, but I honestly want a tattoo as a little remembrance for my girl I lost last week. A couple ideas I'm considering:
Screenshot_20200415-110450.png
Looks exactly like her. Even down to the round belly and how she's sitting. So freaking precious.

Screenshot_20200409-211012~2.png
The day she passed, all my hyacinths in the yard blossomed. I have a lot of white ones outside my bedroom that I love, but of course white doesn't really work with tattoos. I have a single blue/purple one outside next to the workshop as well and looks exactly like this.

Again, still not set on a design yet, but I do know that I want it to be dainty and watercolor/pastel-y colored, no thick black outlines, and I want it on my right forearm. I'm pale as hell and will never tan and I don't get much sun anyways, so I think those colors will work out well for me.

LoyalXenite

Not sure if it sounds dumb, but I honestly want a tattoo as a little remembrance for my girl I lost last week. A couple ideas I'm considering:
View attachment 5041
Looks exactly like her. Even down to the round belly and how she's sitting. So freaking precious.

View attachment 5042
The day she passed, all my hyacinths in the yard blossomed. I have a lot of white ones outside my bedroom that I love, but of course white doesn't really work with tattoos. I have a single blue/purple one outside next to the workshop as well and looks exactly like this.

Again, still not set on a design yet, but I do know that I want it to be dainty and watercolor/pastel-y colored, no thick black outlines, and I want it on my right forearm. I'm pale as hell and will never tan and I don't get much sun anyways, so I think those colors will work out well for me.

Those are very pretty designs, and for the record I dont think its dumb at all. I considered something similar, but I've had so many pets in my life, and undoubtedly will have many more, so I did an alternative idea to stand for all animals that I love, both pet and wild

SilentAndShy

For the last 2/3 weeks, since the lockdown began, I've felt the need to try religious spiritualism as I just don't know what else to do. I'm not perfect at following religious prayers regularly, but I'm trying to pray through the anxiety (a term I've coined) when I have a setback (like I did yesterday). I've not tried it sufficiently previously but just going to give it a shot.

FountainandFairfax

I downloaded the unabridged and expanded audiobook version of Stephen King's The Stand last night. It's broken-up into 48 one-hour sections, so I plan to listen to one a night after I lay down until I finish it.

I tried to begin last night but I started too late and fell asleep about two minutes into the preface. :LOL:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Geez, I've been keeping an eye on a very ambitious co-worker of mine since 2 years because I noticed he had this annoying habit of putting his name on my most prestigious projects to get the credit. I've been watching him placing his pawns, wondering how far he was able to go, and finally today he crossed a line and I had to tell him he better not try to f*ck with me if he wants to keep playing his games of ambition peacefully. Interesting these games are, but I prefer to watch them from afar.

1587682681145.png

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Geez, I've been keeping an eye on a very ambitious co-worker of mine since 2 years because I noticed he had this annoying habit of putting his name on my most prestigious projects to get the credit. I've been watching him placing his pawns, wondering how far he was able to go, and finally today he crossed a line and I had to tell him he better not try to f*ck with me if he wants to keep playing his games of ambition peacefully. Interesting these games are, but I prefer to watch them from afar.

View attachment 5061