Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Phoenixx

That's true. I was without internet (and phone) for nearly 5 days before the internet company finally came and got it all set up. While I hated having no form of communication with anyone, I definitely didn't miss Facebook or the rest of the digital world. I really just missed being able to read my webcomics and search for recipes and home improvement ideas.

And now that I do have FB back, I find myself aimlessly checking it just because it's there. :rolleyes: Hm, I'm half tempted to delete the app off my phone now.

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
The hypocrisy around the Greta Thunberg movement is driving me insane. Everyone claims they want change and action but no one wants to make any sacrifice. No one wants anything taken away from them. Everyone wants others to pay the price. Now Leaders are going to make new promises to reach some abstract goal by 2050 and then we are all going back shoveling clouds for 30 more years.

Alright I'm going back into the woods.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
The hypocrisy around the Greta Thunberg movement is driving me insane. Everyone claims they want change and action but no one wants to make any sacrifice. No one wants anything taken away from them. Everyone wants others to pay the price. Now Leaders are going to make new promises to reach some abstract goal by 2050 and then we are all going back shoveling clouds for 30 more years.

Alright I'm going back into the woods.

Yep, as usual the politicians say the pretty words and the people actually in power will not allow anything less than maximum profit for themselves--which of course excludes any necessary action being taken to make the world a better place in any way.

I had to look up "shoveling clouds". It's not a normal English expression but it did mean just what it sounded like.

Meanwhile, Greta's speech converted to death metal.

Miserum

Yep, as usual the politicians say the pretty words and the people actually in power will not allow anything less than maximum profit for themselves--which of course excludes any necessary action being taken to make the world a better place in any way.

I had to look up "shoveling clouds". It's not a normal English expression but it did mean just what it sounded like.

Meanwhile, Greta's speech converted to death metal.

Hahaha that video.

Phoenixx

I have learn't that I AM social, just in a different way.

Pubs, clubs, BBQ's where people sit /stand around with drink in hand.. well put me in that type of social gathering and even before I get there I'm wanting to escape.
But in a more structured environment, where people have something to look at like a concert, a sporting event, even a classroom or the workplace and I am very social.
I think this is interesting. I'm a little different. I am much more open and social with those one-on-one. I can't start conversations well, but I can carry them. I can do very small groups and outings if we all have something to do and if I know at least one person. This includes food gatherings and other similar get-togethers.

Anything consisting of a "performance" environment or anything with a large gathering where you're in close proximity of people, I'm a wreck. I am fine if I'm with somebody I know, but on my own I just can't do it. Classrooms are also a huge trigger because I've had so many horrible experiences. I never want to step foot in another classroom as long as I exist. Adult education workshops are one thing, but man I am SO glad my school and college days are over. Never. Again.

Phoenixx

I keep worrying about the future. I have so much to do today as well, so I really just need to focus on that. One day at a time is what I need to keep telling myself.

MollyBeGood

....I have taken two great risks in the last 10 days to try to improve my life. I have put myself out there completely and gotten out of my comfort zone in order to better my messed up life and part of me doesn’t give a fuk if it happens and the other part of me might die if it doesn’t. I know it won’t happen because nothing good ever happens to me but whatever. Guess I gotta start excepting the things I cannot change.

Miserum

....I have taken two great risks in the last 10 days to try to improve my life. I have put myself out there completely and gotten out of my comfort zone in order to better my messed up life and part of me doesn’t give a fuk if it happens and the other part of me might die if it doesn’t. I know it won’t happen because nothing good ever happens to me but whatever. Guess I gotta start excepting the things I cannot change.
That's great. If we don't do the scary things that change us, we will obviously remain the same. It takes courage to do what you're doing. That's how I see it whenever I do the crazy shit I don't want to do.

Last edited:

Miserum

I had a rough one tonight. Got inside my head in a negative way. Tried to get out but it was a struggle.

I should just accept that I'm going to have nights like this sometimes. Is it the end of the world? No. But the thing to keep in mind is that I am making significant efforts to become what I strive to be. And that it's working. As long as I continue in this fashion, today's challenges will be tomorrow's cake.

Phoenixx

I'm finding myself reminiscing a lot today. I miss having the bond I used to have with my two previous border collies. I miss having that bond with a dog, and of course I miss those two so much I still get upset thinking about them. Don't get me wrong, I have my two cats and I love them to pieces, but there is a difference with dogs. I am very much a cat person at heart, so it's sometimes hard for me to feel that deep connection with a pooch like I do with cats, but once I have it that dog is my companion for life. I don't share that bond with my husband's dog. Sure it's "our dog" now, but let's be honest. It's very much still his dog, and rightly so. But I miss having that relationship. Unfortunately I cannot have another dog here with her. She's so nasty with other dogs, very independent and territorial for a beagle.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I'm finding myself reminiscing a lot today. I miss having the bond I used to have with my two previous border collies. I miss having that bond with a dog, and of course I miss those two so much I still get upset thinking about them. Don't get me wrong, I have my two cats and I love them to pieces, but there is a difference with dogs. I am very much a cat person at heart, so it's sometimes hard for me to feel that deep connection with a pooch like I do with cats, but once I have it that dog is my companion for life. I don't share that bond with my husband's dog. Sure it's "our dog" now, but let's be honest. It's very much still his dog, and rightly so. But I miss having that relationship. Unfortunately I cannot have another dog here with her. She's so nasty with other dogs, very independent and territorial for a beagle.
I'm definitely a dog person too, although I love all animals. I can't have any pets where I currently am but when I move next year I plan to get a dog and a cat. I think I'm going to get a Russian Blue for a cat. I'm not settled on what breed of dog yet but I want to buy them both at the same time so they can bond while they are still a kitten/pup.

Phoenixx

I'm definitely a dog person too, although I love all animals. I can't have any pets where I currently am but when I move next year I plan to get a dog and a cat. I think I'm going to get a Russian Blue for a cat. I'm not settled on what breed of dog yet but I want to buy them both at the same time so they can bond while they are still a kitten/pup.
Funny, I was just thinking about Russian Blues today and wondering if I'd ever get one. I've only ever met one, way back when I volunteered at a shelter in high school. She was so pretty, and so gentle. (Bless the person who adopted her!) Those cats seem to have such a calm demeanor, or at least from my experience.

Herding group dogs are my all-time favorite, and are what I seem to be drawn to the most. They're just so highly intelligent and energetic. They can be timid, border collies especially (from my experiences), but will warm up to people if given time and are loyal as hell once they've found their person (or persons). Once our old beagle passes on, the next dog we get will definitely be a border collie or a shepherd or a mixed breed with collie or shepherd traits being the dominant genetics.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
Sh!tty society, we are too dumb to make change for our own good when it comes to the environment.

I don't blame governments, or business for environmental woes. I blame you and me.
The way I see it, we totally have the power to force change. We actually dictate what products are made by business. But we are too selfish to force change. We all love our cars, our phones, our over packaged food. All the stuff... we're addicted to it.

If we didn't buy the stuff then companies would have no choice but to stop making plastic filled BS that pollutes our lands, oceans and in turn - our bodies. We are addicted to greed.

I'm no greenie. I'm no vegan. But if we're to make an actual difference to our future we need to do things markedly different than how we do them now. Greta Gunsberg (or whatever her name is) sailed to talk about saving the environment. Thats great. But the boat she used and everything on it took TONNES of greenhouse causing gasses to make.

Anyone seen the movie 'Passengers'? Just put me into stasis and send me to a new planet.. I'll happily go.