Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

I have learn't that I AM social, just in a different way.

Pubs, clubs, BBQ's where people sit /stand around with drink in hand.. well put me in that type of social gathering and even before I get there I'm wanting to escape.
But in a more structured environment, where people have something to look at like a concert, a sporting event, even a classroom or the workplace and I am very social.

I have never truly understood why. People seem to like me, I'm getting a lot of great feedback from where I'm currently working and people are always laughing and smiling with me. It feels great.

But Xmas is just around the corner.. that means invitations to Xmas functions etc.

I have learn't that I AM social, just in a different way.

Pubs, clubs, BBQ's where people sit /stand around with drink in hand.. well put me in that type of social gathering and even before I get there I'm wanting to escape.
But in a more structured environment, where people have something to look at like a concert, a sporting event, even a classroom or the workplace and I am very social.

I have never truly understood why. People seem to like me, I'm getting a lot of great feedback from where I'm currently working and people are always laughing and smiling with me. It feels great.

But Xmas is just around the corner.. that means invitations to Xmas functions etc.

Maybe because there's more pressure on you for you to speak and keep a conversation going in the former situation?

In the latter scenarios you have a common topic to discuss so it's easier to make conversation, and generally you don't have to keep it going for long because there is always something to observe or something to work on.

Glad you're doing well at work man. Try not to think too hard about situations that have yet to happen.

Maybe because there's more pressure on you for you to speak and keep a conversation going in the former situation?

In the latter scenarios you have a common topic to discuss so it's easier to make conversation, and generally you don't have to keep it going for long because there is always something to observe or something to work on.

Glad you're doing well at work man. Try not to think too hard about situations that have yet to happen.
Thanks mate, your thoughts are always appreciated.