Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Phoenixx

I'm definitely a dog person too, although I love all animals. I can't have any pets where I currently am but when I move next year I plan to get a dog and a cat. I think I'm going to get a Russian Blue for a cat. I'm not settled on what breed of dog yet but I want to buy them both at the same time so they can bond while they are still a kitten/pup.
Funny, I was just thinking about Russian Blues today and wondering if I'd ever get one. I've only ever met one, way back when I volunteered at a shelter in high school. She was so pretty, and so gentle. (Bless the person who adopted her!) Those cats seem to have such a calm demeanor, or at least from my experience.

Herding group dogs are my all-time favorite, and are what I seem to be drawn to the most. They're just so highly intelligent and energetic. They can be timid, border collies especially (from my experiences), but will warm up to people if given time and are loyal as hell once they've found their person (or persons). Once our old beagle passes on, the next dog we get will definitely be a border collie or a shepherd or a mixed breed with collie or shepherd traits being the dominant genetics.

Sh!tty society, we are too dumb to make change for our own good when it comes to the environment.

I don't blame governments, or business for environmental woes. I blame you and me.
The way I see it, we totally have the power to force change. We actually dictate what products are made by business. But we are too selfish to force change. We all love our cars, our phones, our over packaged food. All the stuff... we're addicted to it.

If we didn't buy the stuff then companies would have no choice but to stop making plastic filled BS that pollutes our lands, oceans and in turn - our bodies. We are addicted to greed.

I'm no greenie. I'm no vegan. But if we're to make an actual difference to our future we need to do things markedly different than how we do them now. Greta Gunsberg (or whatever her name is) sailed to talk about saving the environment. Thats great. But the boat she used and everything on it took TONNES of greenhouse causing gasses to make.

Anyone seen the movie 'Passengers'? Just put me into stasis and send me to a new planet.. I'll happily go.

LoyalXenite

I'm definitely a dog person too, although I love all animals. I can't have any pets where I currently am but when I move next year I plan to get a dog and a cat. I think I'm going to get a Russian Blue for a cat. I'm not settled on what breed of dog yet but I want to buy them both at the same time so they can bond while they are still a kitten/pup.
If you're not sure what type of dog you want I'd suggest checking out your local rescues, theres always many animals needing a home, of all ages so you can get them at a pup age still

Professionally, I feel isolated, overloaded, and massively unpaid. And I'm struggling to find new opportunities. Yet I'm not that desperate to leave as it's one I can do to a satisfactory standard without knowing everything.

Personally, I'm trying to tackle my driving anxiety yet I can't fully go ahead and make a consistent effort with it. Call it the one step forward, two steps back if you will.