Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MollyBeGood

I've noticed that when people have children other people are more likely to rally around them when they have problems whereas when you don't have kids people really could care less about you.
Not exactly an earth shaking observation but still very annoying.

one of the many million reasons society sucks-we should start a thread and list them all, one by one as a way to blow off steam.

S_Spartan

You could also say that if yer the youngest in the family, you tend get taken less seriously than yer older siblings. Though, yer right about the whole people carin' more about ya if you've got children.

Yes, I can see how that would happen. I was an only child so I can't say I've dealt with that personally but I've heard other people say that as well.

It's almost like having children makes people valid in the eyes of society. It doesn't even matter if the people can take care of the children or provide a good life for them. Just the fact that they procreated puts them on a pedestal as far as society is concerned.

It's f'ed up because there are so many kids born into bad situations and nobody seems to care to stop it or even discourage it. In fact, it's encouraged!

SpaceTime

I've noticed that when people have children other people are more likely to rally around them when they have problems
YMMV. I had one relative overseas with young children commit suicide and separately another relative with children pushed out of the family home due to their psychological problems and died young of a stress related illness. I still miss them both decades later.

S_Spartan

YMMV. I had one relative overseas with young children commit suicide and separately another relative with children pushed out of the family home due to their psychological problems and died young of a stress related illness. I still miss them both decades later.
Yeah, I don't think it's 100 percent or anything. I mean there are going to be exceptions.
Just a trend I noticed.

onehandclapping

I get the feeling sometimes support sites are not actually that helpful for dealing with the real world... its a bit like a protective bubble, if you don't like something you can ask for it to be deleted or closed. real life is not like that, if you don't like another person's opinion you can't just delete it or lock it down to silence them.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I'm pickin' on ya again, eh? Awww, ya poor wee lamb. Didnae realise the following statement is considered bullying:

Mum, just stop it. I'm nearly 30, right? Am no 12 anymore, so stop treating me like I am.

Also, how tha f**k can you be unaware yer doing something when yer awake? :confused:

S_Spartan

I get the feeling sometimes support sites are not actually that helpful for dealing with the real world... its a bit like a protective bubble, if you don't like something you can ask for it to be deleted or closed. real life is not like that, if you don't like another person's opinion you can't just delete it or lock it down to silence them.

That was one thing that was so great about un-moderated Usenet back in the day. You could write anything. ANYTHING! And there was nothing that anyone could do about it. No political correctness and fights were allowed to play themselves out. You could use any word you wanted.
You did have to have a thick skin but it was pretty great while it lasted.
Sure there were a-holes but I found that the format actually brought out more intelligent conversations. People would write big, long posts.
Of course that was all phased out as the internet became more corporate. We all know that corporations don't want to be attached to anything controversial because it might alienate some of their customer base.
If you ever want to see what people a corporation wants to avoid offending just look at who mostly shops for their goods and services.
So the internet just becomes more and more "Disney-fied" as we just saw Youtube's move last week to push people away from controversial subjects.
Wow, that turned into a rant...:blushing:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
Hmm I just texted my friend to go have a beer and she answered, "I can't, I'm already having a beer with my new best friend". I think she means "f*** you"?

Pacific_Loner

^Yeah she changed her mind 10 minutes later and said that she was just kidding and she loves me, lol. She probably realized that I would just be annoyed by her being pissed at me (because I've been too busy to see her lately).

People are complicated

Megaten

^Yeah she changed her mind 10 minutes later and said that she was just kidding and she loves me, lol. She probably realized that I would just be annoyed by her being pissed at me (because I've been too busy to see her lately).

People are complicated

I know one thing is for certain. The day that I discovered that I wasnt my best friend's best friend, was the day I decided to stop having best friends.

Pacific_Loner

I know one thing is for certain. The day that I discovered that I wasnt my best friend's best friend, was the day I decided to stop having best friends.

Well I'm not available enough to be anyone's best friend so I don't really mind. I'm ok with just friends.

onehandclapping

That was one thing that was so great about un-moderated Usenet back in the day. You could write anything. ANYTHING! And there was nothing that anyone could do about it. No political correctness and fights were allowed to play themselves out. You could use any word you wanted.
You did have to have a thick skin but it was pretty great while it lasted.
Sure there were a-holes but I found that the format actually brought out more intelligent conversations. People would write big, long posts.
Of course that was all phased out as the internet became more corporate. We all know that corporations don't want to be attached to anything controversial because it might alienate some of their customer base.
If you ever want to see what people a corporation wants to avoid offending just look at who mostly shops for their goods and services.
So the internet just becomes more and more "Disney-fied" as we just saw Youtube's move last week to push people away from controversial subjects.
Wow, that turned into a rant...:blushing:

yea, there is a lack of passion, you only really get down to real opinions and peoples truths and saying what they really think when people are allowed to. I definitely think there is something to the idea of taking away the fear of censorship and an increase in intelligent or thought provoking discussion. on the face of it, we might think the opposite is true but I have seen the same thing on messageboards which are less moderated, more interesting discussion is generated. bit gutted about the youtube thing as well, seen some of my favourite channels do recent videos on this.