Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

State_Of_Trance

I lurk a lot. Finally posted a comment on a video from a YouTuber I like. It was removed within a few hours. I honestly thought he would appreciate what I wrote...

I lurk a lot. Finally posted a comment on a video from a YouTuber I like. It was removed within a few hours. I honestly thought he would appreciate what I wrote...

I wouldn't look too much behind it. YouTube's comment archive is an absolute mess. I've had comments disappear and reappear at complete random.

Hot_Tamale

Was driving down the street today through a crosswalk past a guy...I hear a thump in the bed of my truck as I drive by, it turns out he threw his empty water bottle in the back of my truck as I was driving by him. I guess he didn't want to find a trash can...people are full of shit. I don't feel happy tonight.

State_Of_Trance

I wouldn't look too much behind it. YouTube's comment archive is an absolute mess. I've had comments disappear and reappear at complete random.

That's exactly right. I contacted him and turns out that he hasn't even checked that video in weeks so he assumed it was caught in the spam filter and just gave the green light to all the those comments. I also think that it may have actually been there the whole time and I simply couldn't find it.

So all's well.

planemo

Mornings are getting harder for me. In the morning I feel like I'm covered in some kind of mental/physical crust and as the day goes on the crust slowly starts to fall off(sometimes it doesn't...but most days it does). By night the crust is mostly all gone but then it's time for bed.
I can't imagine what it must feel like to get up in the morning bursting with energy and zeal!

I wake up each morning feeling like I had done a hard night's worth of drinking and taking drugs. I've never touched alcohol or drugs, but I assume that's what it feels like.

On my better days I go to bed feeling optimistic, and dare I say, confident about certain aspects of my life. Of course, this all gets erased after a night's sleep.

Energy and zeal, I too yearn for that.

State_Of_Trance

I have no desire to do anything. I mean, I wish I had something that I want to do. But right now nothing seems interesting. For example, I imagine that I want to read more but when actually reading I'm not enjoying myself. I get frustrated. No amount of reading changes this. It's like I wish that I wanted to read.

S_Spartan

I wake up each morning feeling like I had done a hard night's worth of drinking and taking drugs. I've never touched alcohol or drugs, but I assume that's what it feels like.

To be honest I feel the same every morning whether I've drank the night before or not. It's like this fog that hangs over me until sometime after noon. Some days it never does lift!

S_Spartan

I have no desire to do anything. I mean, I wish I had something that I want to do. But right now nothing seems interesting. For example, I imagine that I want to read more but when actually reading I'm not enjoying myself. I get frustrated. No amount of reading changes this. It's like I wish that I wanted to read.

Oh man can I relate to this!
I've spent a lot of money and time putting together a big music collection and sound system and now it just doesn't do it for me. In fact, many times I prefer silence or tunein radio on my phone :|

And recently I've started reading again but it's so slow and feels like a chore.

Would love to be truly excited about something again.

State_Of_Trance

Oh man can I relate to this!
I've spent a lot of money and time putting together a big music collection and sound system and now it just doesn't do it for me. In fact, many times I prefer silence or tunein radio on my phone :|

And recently I've started reading again but it's so slow and feels like a chore.

Would love to be truly excited about something again.

I know right? It's like I've been looking forward to this long labor day weekend so I could do stuff...and now that it's come it's just bleghh...

State_Of_Trance

Imma swimming in a sea of bleghh!:crying:

I think part of my problem at least is that emphasizing one particular thing kind of ruins it. So even good books are frustrating if I literally just come home after a hard day's work and force myself to read for hours, day after day, week after week. Even movies I know I enjoy aren't fun if I just watch them constantly. Even food I think I like isn't much fun if I eat it like, "THIS IS GOOD FOOD AND I MUST ENJOY ITTT!!!! Oh no, it's already gone! It went so fast!" This weekend, for example, I pretty much just forced myself to do like one thing constantly and it was frustrating.

I listened to a book called The Obstacle is The Way a while ago. In an afterward chat between the author and another person the author said something relevant. Here's a paraphrase:

"If you do one thing, you get really good at it but you're frustrated. But if you do like three or four things you're not frustrated and they all kind of help each other."​

Variety shakes things up. Maybe I can enjoy food more by enjoying it in the moment and then just moving right along before dwelling on how fleeting the experience was. Maybe I can read for a few hours but then just move on to some other goal.

I still haven't figured anything out, but I don't want to give up. So let's hang in there!

Megaten

Having my late night ice cream cravings, but I have zero money. Someone buy me ice cream and mail it here.

S_Spartan

So this is what the internet has come to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psfFJR3vZ78

(you have to go to the actual youtube page to see the chat: youtube.com/watch?v=psfFJR3vZ78

2,000 people sitting around on a weekday, looking at a webcam of a busy intersection and chatting furiously about all the nothing going on in the shot.

The chat is so fast can't hardly even read it!

In a way I find this comforting because it confirms that I am not the only person without a life.

Of course lots of these people are probably sitting at their government job and making 100k a year while doing this, but still...

Last edited:

SoScared

So this is what the internet has come to:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psfFJR3vZ78

(you have to go to the actual youtube page to see the chat: youtube.com/watch?v=psfFJR3vZ78

2,000 people sitting around on a weekday, looking at a webcam of a busy intersection and chatting furiously about all the nothing going on in the shot.

The chat is so fast can't hardly even read it!

In a way I find this comforting because it confirms that I am not the only person without a life.

Of course lots of these people are probably sitting at their government job and making 100k a year while doing this, but still...
+1:thumbup:

MollyBeGood

I hate that I have to struggle so hard to be a part of the human race when I have no desire to be a member of it.

What sheer hell.

But life could be worse, I know. I could be worse off though it's hard to imagine.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I hate that I have to struggle so hard to be a part of the human race when I have no desire to be a member of it.

What sheer hell.

But life could be worse, I know. I could be worse off though it's hard to imagine.

Yep! Same here. I can definitely relate to that, Molly. :thumbup:

S_Spartan

I've noticed that when people have children other people are more likely to rally around them when they have problems whereas when you don't have kids people really could care less about you.
Not exactly an earth shaking observation but still very annoying.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I've noticed that when people have children other people are more likely to rally around them when they have problems whereas when you don't have kids people really could care less about you.
Not exactly an earth shaking observation but still very annoying.

You could also say that if yer the youngest in the family, you tend get taken less seriously than yer older siblings. Though, yer right about the whole people carin' more about ya if you've got children.