Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MrJones

I hear the song "Creep" by Radiohead mentioned a lot on social phobia forums. I listened to it for the first time last night, and I can now see why. I don't really listen to Radiohead, but I can definitely relate to that song.
Yeah, more or less the same happened to me, I never heard Radiohead until I heard Creep, and now I see what I've been missing (they have some other great songs :D)

Actually, their Creep was not the first one, I first saw this guy's cover and then I searched for the original one.
Homeless Mustard Sings "Creep" GREATEST Cover EVER - YouTube

DeadmanWalking

People are disappearing from the forum. This always makes me sad. I guess I shouldnt get attached to people I've never met

You should be happy for them Pips. Their leaving means that they no longer need this site anymore; they have found a way to beat their social anxiety. But, I will admit, it does sadden me somewhat to see my friends leave here. Also, it's alright to get attached; we're all friends here. A friendship without emotional attachment is like a car with no fuel: sure, it's nice and all, but what can you do with it?

MikeyC

People are disappearing from the forum. This always makes me sad. I guess I shouldnt get attached to people I've never met
I'm with you, Pips. A few good people have left and I hate seeing that question mark on their avatars.

You're not leaving, are you?!?

You've noticed it too, huh? If it's because they no longer need the site, I'm happy for them. What I'm usually more worried about is that they got hurt or something..

this_portrait

I remember when I left for a while. I didn't really broadcast it, though. I just slowly stopped posting, then I stopped even looking at this site. I didn't think I would be back, though.

anxiety1408

Yeah I agree, its kind of sad when people leave who'm you communicated/made friends with :( But I can totally understand from some people's viewpoint who decide to leave if they overcame the phobia. if they somehow recovered from social phobia and came back here to see negative threads etc than it may bring back memories and emotions that they would like to stay away from.

huzzah

I always feel weird posting here since my problems are kind of silly, if I'm saying anything dumb or anyone wants me to stop please tell me!

anyways I am still way too attached to my internet "friends" or whatever they are, they're the closest I've come to having friends in awhile and for some time it was nice to be able to just know that when I was feeling lonely I had people at home I could talk to, even in their voice calls I was never able to speak to them out loud so I'd just stay and listen and type and they seemed to accept it, and eventually I was able to joke around with a lot of them and some of them I thought considered me a friend. But now I'm pretty sure they could care less about me, they've all become so much closer with each other and I don't know how to be that close with people I guess, and they made a new skype room and the girl in charge of it didn't add me to it so I feel kind of lame

I always feel weird posting here since my problems are kind of silly, if I'm saying anything dumb or anyone wants me to stop please tell me!

anyways I am still way too attached to my internet "friends" or whatever they are, they're the closest I've come to having friends in awhile and for some time it was nice to be able to just know that when I was feeling lonely I had people at home I could talk to, even in their voice calls I was never able to speak to them out loud so I'd just stay and listen and type and they seemed to accept it, and eventually I was able to joke around with a lot of them and some of them I thought considered me a friend. But now I'm pretty sure they could care less about me, they've all become so much closer with each other and I don't know how to be that close with people I guess, and they made a new skype room and the girl in charge of it didn't add me to it so I feel kind of lame

First, we all say dumb things so it is hardly a worry you need to worry about. Speak your mind, it wants to be heard.

Many times we will over-think things, see things in a suspicious light. If you thought they considered you a friend then ask one of them if you can join the Skype room. If you wish to be closer to them in friendship it will take effort on your part. Meaning you'll need to try and be assertive.

DeadmanWalking

Feel free to post whatever you wish! This is where we go to post whatever fleeting or important thoughts cross our minds.

As for your problem, perhaps try asking the girl if you could join? You could make friends in the real world by joining clubs, doing volunteer work, or just approaching someone and talking to them. If you're in a group, then you could talk to one of the members in it and invite them to go hang out with you sometime.