Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

takethislife

"Consider the following cycle: You're born. You go to school to learn things. You learn things to get a job. You get a job to make money. You make money to buy stuff. You buy stuff to enjoy yourself. But before that can happen, you die. To summarize: born, learn, work, die."

anxiety1408

"Consider the following cycle: You're born. You go to school to learn things. You learn things to get a job. You get a job to make money. You make money to buy stuff. You buy stuff to enjoy yourself. But before that can happen, you die. To summarize: born, learn, work, die."

I saw that coming as soon as I started reading it lol. Be more positive :cool:

KiaKaha

Banned
I am going to go down to the store and buy some walnuts, apples, celery and lettuce to make a waldorf salad for lunch.

I may not be much people...but here me when I say this. I am the absolute master when it comes to preparing salads. Its not a meal.... oh no... its an experience.

Carry on.

I love Community.

Just watched the Dungeons and Dragons episode, and I'm very impressed by how good it was without it using any animations/cut-away clips of the roleplay. Heck, I'm not even the least bit interested in Dungeons and Dragons, but even so I thoroughly enjoy this episode.

MikeyC

狼;541198 said:
I don't know how people live to be old and still want to be alive when they are old. I have serious longevity in my genes and I am not liking the idea of be in my 90's and crippled up hardly able to care for myself, having not a lot of memories due to Alzheimer's or something equally as horrible, being in a nursing home or some other setting like a group home(I need my privacy like air)... possibly being abused by orderlies and never getting any family visits or anyone to come see me or even wanting to be seen. The most interactions being checkers with some other old crusty person.
I agree. I'll be very surprised if I live to 60 and I don't want to live to an age where I need a carer 24/7.

I love Community.

Just watched the Dungeons and Dragons episode, and I'm very impressed by how good it was without it using any animations/cut-away clips of the roleplay. Heck, I'm not even the least bit interested in Dungeons and Dragons, but even so I thoroughly enjoy this episode.
I remember that episode! Very cool!

DeadmanWalking

Hey ladies, if a boy with whom you've hardly talked knew where you lived, what would be your response? I mean, considering that you knew he wasn't a creep?

WeirdyMcGee

Hey ladies, if a boy with whom you've hardly talked knew where you lived, what would be your response? I mean, considering that you knew he wasn't a creep?

So? Are you going to climb the mountain to visit me, or what?

jussssssssss kiddin'!
Would it make a difference?
It would still be kinda odd but I guess it depends on how paranoid the person is about people knowing where they live and if you plan on leaving messages like; 'I C U' and 'I know where you liveeeeee!!!'

DeadmanWalking

So? Are you going to climb the mountain to visit me, or what?

jussssssssss kiddin'!
Would it make a difference?
It would still be kinda odd but I guess it depends on how paranoid the person is about people knowing where they live and if you plan on leaving messages like; 'I C U' and 'I know where you liveeeeee!!!'

Just wait; I'll be right there in a minute, honey;).

I asked that question because it happened in a book I'm reading. Everyone over the age of 14 has suddenly disappeared. They're going to this girl's house to check to see if there are any adults remaining. I'll type out the whole conversation:

"Astrid's house next," Sam said. "She's closest."
"You know where I live?" Astrid asked.
This would not be a good time to admit that he had followed her home once, intending to try to talk to her, maybe ask her to go to a movie, but he had lost his nerve. Sam shrugged. "I probably saw you sometime."

WeirdyMcGee

"Astrid's house next," Sam said. "She's closest."
"You know where I live?" Astrid asked.
This would not be a good time to admit that he had followed her home once, intending to try to talk to her, maybe ask her to go to a movie, but he had lost his nerve. Sam shrugged. "I probably saw you sometime."

haha~ well... as a 14 year old girl, growing up in a small town, I assumed everyone in town knew where I lived, so I wouldn't have thought much of that.
As an adult, I'd probably be suspicious of Sam - wondering if he'd followed me home once or twice.

DeadmanWalking

Astrid seems like trouble
Maybe. But, if that's the case, then Sam's looking for trouble;). The book is implying that Sam has a crush on her. Now, why do you say Astrid seems like trouble?
haha~ well... as a 14 year old girl, growing up in a small town, I assumed everyone in town knew where I lived, so I wouldn't have thought much of that.
As an adult, I'd probably be suspicious of Sam - wondering if he'd followed me home once or twice.

So, does that mean you're suspicious of me:rolleyes:?

Well, where they live is said to be small. Does that change anything?

coyote

any girl raised by parents who would name their daughter "Astrid" is bound to have issues

and i don't like how she wears her hair