Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

anxiety1408

It's bad when there's restaurants and fast food everywhere you look, haha!

Oh god tell me about it, over the past few months the AMMOUNT of times I have ordered pizza at home lol I couldnt count it. But now due to lack of money and saving up for things I need, I have not had the luxury of ordering food since the start of this month. These are testing times, im gonna be saving up for a loooong time lol, so no takeaways unless im treated to it :(

this_portrait

Funny, ya'll are talking about food and I just got back from the gym. ::p: I had a hard time running on the treadmill tonight, for some reason. The sides of my lower stomach kept cramping up. Maybe that's a sign that I'm either losing weight there or building up muscle.

MikeyC

^ ya, I'm a bottomless pit when it comes to food hahaha
Skinny people are missing out on it's amazingness :D
Damn right!

Oh god tell me about it, over the past few months the AMMOUNT of times I have ordered pizza at home lol I couldnt count it. But now due to lack of money and saving up for things I need, I have not had the luxury of ordering food since the start of this month. These are testing times, im gonna be saving up for a loooong time lol, so no takeaways unless im treated to it :(
Aww, that's no good. You can't eat the good foods that you like. I can PayPal you $10 if you need it. :)

Funny, ya'll are talking about food and I just got back from the gym. ::p: I had a hard time running on the treadmill tonight, for some reason. The sides of my lower stomach kept cramping up. Maybe that's a sign that I'm either losing weight there or building up muscle.
Awesome! Make sure to post a picture of your toned six-pack. ;)

EDIT: My nine hundred and ninety-ninth post. My next one needs to be special!

anxiety1408

Aww, that's no good. You can't eat the good foods that you like. I can PayPal you $10 if you need it. :)

EDIT: My nine hundred and ninety-ninth post. My next one needs to be special!

Thats very very thoughtful of you, But dont worry about me :) Its the thought that counts, thanks dude!

MrJones

I've been thinking a reply to a thread and I really have no idea what to say... I have no interesting experiences, hobbies or interests.

I'm not unique, just vulgar

No one

John Doe

MrJones

I remember now one of the reasons why I chose this username.

Silatuyok

I wonder if anyone sits around and worries about being too talkative, or too loud, or too outgoing. Does anyone sit around and fear that they seem too confident?
Probably not.
This makes me wonder, then, if all this social anxiety is simply a lack of self-esteem? That all we need is a good hearty dose of self-love, and our worries would melt away? Can it be that easy, yet unattainable?

MrJones

I wonder if anyone sits around and worries about being too talkative, or too loud, or too outgoing. Does anyone sit around and fear that they seem too confident?
Probably not.
This makes me wonder, then, if all this social anxiety is simply a lack of self-esteem? That all we need is a good hearty dose of self-love, and our worries would melt away? Can it be that easy, yet unattainable?
Anxiety can lead to low self-esteem (and other things like depression or agoraphobia) and low self-esteem can lead to anxiety too. I think they are linked, but they don't go necessarily together.

Some people can have social anxiety while having good self-esteem and confidence.

Anyway, I think it's true that for some people the main cause of social anxiety may be lack of self-esteem.

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
I sooooo do not want to write this paper. At least it's not due till Friday.

Also, today as I was walking back to my dorm a girl on a skateboard said "Hey! When's the best time to where a striped sweater?" At the time I didn't understand the reference, so I was very confused. The joys of college ::p:

MikeyC

I'm not unique, just vulgar

No one

John Doe

MrJones

I remember now one of the reasons why I chose this username.
You're not no one. You're Mr. Jones. Mr. Tom Jones, perhaps?

Tom-Jones.jpg

My best friend has so much confidence that if he wanted to build a house on his own, he would be able to talk himself up to accomplish it. I think, in a sense, yes, it's that easy. It's a difficult habit to get into, though.

Probably not.

ah, would be a nice thing if it were that simple, yeah? It is. And it isn't.

From my understanding of SA, whether a person feels real love for themselves or not they will have SA, they will have that anxiety. Depending on the severity of SA one may require adjusting of thoughts (CBT comes to mind). Takes time, no melting away unfortunately.

But that hearty dose of self-love can really be quite a motivator.

Like impossibility, only nothing is unattainable.

I sooooo do not want to write this paper. At least it's not due till Friday.

Also, today as I was walking back to my dorm a girl on a skateboard said "Hey! When's the best time to where a striped sweater?" At the time I didn't understand the reference, so I was very confused. The joys of college ::p:

Leave it to college kids to reference Spongebob Squarepants.

I do it all the time! "Are you ready to party, Mr. Krabs?!" "I'm ready to partay, are you ready to partay, Spongebob?!"