Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Sorry... Aye right. Don't piss on ma back n' tell me it's rainin', awrite? Sayin' that efter the fact doesnae change anything, especially after a pathetic, childish reaction like that.

For f**k sake, wummin, act yer f**kin' age, would ye!? Your supposed tae be tha effin' parent - not a particularly good yin, in ma opinion. Or has that fact somehow escaped you? But, still... feel blame me as always. I'm used to it.

Hoppy

13091904_1009587175743052_661601319583533409_n.jpg

Kiwong

Normally I train for running alone, but on Tuesday I am going to train in a running group. I have spoken to a local running coach who leads the group for advice on intervals and repetitions to help me improve for my goal races later in the year. This is a frightening thing to do, but I have been trying to expose myself to things I'd normally be too uncomfortable doing. I caught up with both my cousins for a morning tea three weeks ago, I hadn't seen them for years. I think connecting with family is important, best way to practice getting used to talking to people again.

Last edited:

MollyBeGood

Normally I train for running alone, but on Tuesday I am going to train in a running group. I have spoken to a local running coach who leads the group for advice on intervals and repetitions to help me improve for my goal races later in the year. This is a frightening thing to do, but I have been trying to expose myself to things I'd normally be too uncomfortable doing. I caught up with both my cousins for a morning tea three weeks ago, I hadn't seen them for years. I think connecting with family is important, best way to practice getting used to talking to people again.

Great job!

I am making baby steps, too. It does feel amazing when it is not terrifying that is..

The sense of relief in doing things that our minds have built up so much fear and anxiety over-living to tell about them-it is addicting :)

MollyBeGood

The smell of hay makes me so happy. I think more than any other smell. I like flowers but they don't have anywhere near the effect on my brain like hay does. Food smells are wonderful but they don't invoke happiness.

Kiwong

Great job!

I am making baby steps, too. It does feel amazing when it is not terrifying that is..

The sense of relief in doing things that our minds have built up so much fear and anxiety over-living to tell about them-it is addicting :)

Yes, sometimes it feels like the sun coming out. When you do something you fear, and it goes well, then you start to believe in possibilities not problems. I spoke to someone who said getting over fear is like training for a marathon, you've got build up slowly, before you can run flat out.

Good luck with those baby steps.

Problems are good. Issues are good. SA/SP is good. Having several major disorders all at once is good. Helplessness is good. Hopelessness is good. Despair is good. Being ugly is good. Being possessed by evil spirits is good. Having enemies is good. Being a social outcast is good. Never having a loving relationship is good. Pain is good. Misery is good. Depression is good. Death is good.
IT'S ALL GOOD!!! :thumbup: :perfect: :bigsmile:

Graeme1988

Problems are good. Issues are good. SA/SP is good. Having several major disorders all at once is good. Helplessness is good. Hopelessness is good. Despair is good. Being ugly is good. Being possessed by evil spirits is good. Having enemies is good. Being a social outcast is good. Never having a loving relationship is good. Pain is good. Misery is good. Depression is good. Death is good.
IT'S ALL GOOD!!! :thumbup: :perfect: :bigsmile:

Being constantly anxious is good. Feeling inferior is good. IT'S ALL GOOD!!! :bigsmile:

Graeme1988

Just wakened up by an utter racket... The council are fixing the house roof and ma mum says she didnae ken they were there til ah said aboot it. Aye right, you'd huv tae be deaf not tae hearin' roof tiles being torn oot. As well as aw that drillin'. :veryangry: :thumbdown:

All the ideas i've had. All the notes i've made. All the books i've read. All the things i've thunk. All the web i've surfed. All the research i've done. All the things i've studied. All the drink i've drunk. All the music i've heard. All the hope i've had. All the light that has flickered...
Resulting OVERALL in what?. The result being the same old eternally everpresent, frustratingly stale, chaotic dysfuctional mess of a life.
HUH.

Last edited:

Graeme1988

All the ideas i've had. All the notes i've made. All the books i've read. All the web i've surfed. All the research i've done. All the things i've studied. All the drink i've drunk. All the music i've listened to. All the hope i've had. All the light that has flickerd...
Resulting OVERALL in what?. The result being the same old eternally everpresent, frustratingly stale, chaotic dysfuctional mess of a life. HUH.

Yep! Ah cun relate there, pal. Sadly... :sad:

Kiwong

So I went to the local running group, and did some repititions. I was welcomed, some people there like me, they respect me as a runner. I felt a warm inner glow of feeling accepted.

GraybeardGhost

Well, whaddya know? Another spring rolls around and the real estate market is still crap. I should forget the whole house thing and buy myself a mausoleum. I'll be needing it soon enough.

Megaten

It's gonna be a long week. I never have time for myself anymore or to cultivate any relationships. All i do is stay locked in my room with my nose in a book. Plus i think my moods have gotten worse since they put me on this damn medicine.

Odo

Banned
I had to judge a contest today... and it made me think about the whole 'everyone gets a trophy' thing.

I mean, yes not everyone deserves a trophy... but contests in general are kind of stupid, because they're not always testing one's ability so much as the ability to perform under pressure... so of course the extroverts and people who don't get really nervous will win.

So I guess my point is there's too much emphasis being placed on contests in general, which is actually even more destructive than giving everyone a trophy. If someone walks away from a contest thinking they're bad at something simply because they got too nervous to do their best... and they carry that around with them for the rest of their lives sometimes.

SilentAndShy

Work's woeful - anxious about doing most tasks. Home life provides no escape. Just bereft of any feelings. Want to disappear on my own. Change the clock back to when I wasn't married.

Comment I wrote for a class discussion online. Random indeed.

"I disagree with Nabokov that literal translation is the only "true translation" (385). It is admirable how passionately he defended this view, and - while I can understand his viewpoint - I don't think the only way to acceptably translate a text is to render it literally and word-for-word. It seems to me that Nabokov was obsessed with preserving the original meaning of the source text; he had an intense anxiety and distaste for what he viewed as "fakery" in translation - that is, the translation that maintains the sense of the original while paraphrasing here and there to make it more readable.

I think there are many approaches to take to translation which are valid, and literalism is just one of them; it depends on the goals of the translator, as well as the intended audience. And even my own view of this can be argued over. There are no hard-and-fast "rules" for translation because no matter how hard you try to translate a piece as faithfully as possible while maintaining all its artistic elements, there will inevitably be some sacrifice - some flaw. Nabokov openly sacrificed artistic elements such as form because he viewed a literal interpretation as more valuable than a translation that takes a bit more liberty but maintains some of the original's style. However, such a view discounts the impact of stylistic elements on a piece of writing. Style and form can markedly change the tone and overall feel of the text, and these elements are as important as pure verbal meaning in a piece, because they are intertwined and together deliver the overall product. When it comes to translation, part of this product will inevitably be lost, so it makes sense to me to try to maintain a little of each rather than one or the other."

MollyBeGood

David Bowie then Prince. f u c k it's hard to be happy when we are loosing such Icons.

*me sad*

Little red corvette is the sexiest song ever sang.....

Darlin Nikki and When doves Cry

I am delayed sadness as usual...

Last edited: