Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MollyBeGood

I watched a live feed last night in bed of a Japanese ceremony re-enacted from the Edo period that was AMAZING.

They wore traditional clothing, make-up and played music..it was a poetry competition of sorts by a river that involved floating cups of sake down the water and who wrote the best poem was judged.

I love Japanese culture like that. It makes the world seem so full and beautiful to me.

planemo

This is exactly what I'm afraid of, lol. Someone suggested adult cycling classes, but I have tried, and its not as easy as it looks. Much like in the clip, except I do far worse.

I only learnt when I was 18, but I was determined to get it right, which I eventually did. I haven't had much of an opportunity to ride since, but they do say that once you learn you never forget. Let's hope that's true.

Mashed avocado + lime juice + salt, pepper and garlic powder + chia seeds + (real) bacon bits or crumbled cooked bacon ---> spread on toasted sourdough

HEAVEN

defiance

I'm so sorry for being such a mess up. If I could give up my life to have a better son take my place I would. But unfortunately I can't. I wish I had died in 1986 when I was sick. That way you could have had another child aside from my brother while you were still young. I'm sorry Mom.

SilentAndShy

Man, these last few days I've thought about what if I ended it.. (thought about, not about actually doing it)

Just feel so alone. No relief or comfort in a work or home environtment. My wife and the pressure of marriage not helping and the family environment and culture just find it so difficult to do things..

Wish I was on my own in my own place able to live my life without thinking about the thoughts of others...

nodejesque

“They cannot scare me with their empty spaces
Between stars—on stars where no human race is.
I have it in me so much nearer home
To scare myself with my own desert places.”

Robert Frost

Megaten

I love it when I try to extend the olive branch to someone Ive fallen out with over a disagreement only to have them knock it away. This is why the world will never see peace, theres too many that want to hold onto grudges.

SilentAndShy

Really feel bereft of any emotions - wife wanted to go out today, how do I explain that for at least five years, the thing I haven't done much of, or have an interest in, is going out. I just don't want to. I want to be alone. I'm questioning everything in life - marriage, work, religion. Just feel empty and no emotion.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I watched a live feed last night in bed of a Japanese ceremony re-enacted from the Edo period that was AMAZING.

They wore traditional clothing, make-up and played music..it was a poetry competition of sorts by a river that involved floating cups of sake down the water and who wrote the best poem was judged.

I love Japanese culture like that. It makes the world seem so full and beautiful to me.

I love Japanese culture too. I plan to travel there, possibly my next holiday.

Just having trouble deciding between 2-3 places..:thinking:

Want:

Wide open grassy spaces and trees, fresh healthy food, people I connect with and a sense of community, and time to enjoy these things

Have:

Dense concrete pollution-filled urban spaces, processed and GMO and pesticide-laden food, miserable sour and rude/stressed faces or people I feel alienated from, and work and class work and class work and class...

It's not all bad. I have a nice little place to live and so forth. I just long for certain things.

nodejesque

I only learnt when I was 18, but I was determined to get it right, which I eventually did. I haven't had much of an opportunity to ride since, but they do say that once you learn you never forget. Let's hope that's true.

Was it difficult to learn? I have tried multiple times, but I just cant do it. I get on and wobble on the bike... Trying to get it going, then I fall.

The thing is, in the past year I have won two bikes in two different raffles. We have beautiful bike trails that I would love to ride through... But I can't.

Its really embarrassing.

Megaten

Was it difficult to learn? I have tried multiple times, but I just cant do it. I get on and wobble on the bike... Trying to get it going, then I fall.

The thing is, in the past year I have won two bikes in two different raffles. We have beautiful bike trails that I would love to ride through... But I can't.

Its really embarrassing.

Dang I can see how that would be difficult later on. When I learned as a kid I had to take one of the training wheels off, the try to balance while that other training wheel was my safety net. Seemed like it took a while before I got the balance right. Also the slower you go, the harder it is to balance. Don't ask me why.

planemo

Its really embarrassing.

I was exactly the same, and yes it was difficult. Maybe just like Frasier my brother turned out to get it right first, so I kept on trying, when I would ordinarily have given up.

As Megaten suggested you could try training wheels. I don't know if that's possible with the bikes you won. I do think however that if I showed less concern when learning I would have mastered it earlier. I know people with anxiety find that hard, but just try to convince yourself it's no big deal whether I get it right now, or whether I get it right in a year from now. I think that's probably what did help, realising that as long as I kept at it, it was impossible for me not to get it right, and that proved to be correct.

Also, don't be embarrassed. If you were a kid, you wouldn't be embarrassed. You wouldn't expect a kid to get it right without any difficulty. So you're the same, only you're learning to ride at a different stage in your life. That's nothing to be embarrassed about. It's not that you're incapable of riding a bike, you just didn't learn at the same time everyone else did.

Last edited: