Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

kids know the truth
tumblr_ncc1pjKLJ91qewacoo1_500.jpg

outofthisworld

A bit down, not depressed but down... I find very annoying how my evenings are way too quiet for me and I'm always feeling sad, I want to keep busy like I do all day long at work.. but I don't know what to do.

oh that is so true! This still is such a scam even as an adult. First words that come out of our mouths must be lies. I prefer not to bother.

^ I always say good because I don't want to explain why when I don't feel good. Sad, but true. :sad:

The supermarket cashiers here have been told to make conversation with customers as they're scanning groceries, I try to avoid it as much as I can as its mostly non-genuine, the question that gets me the most is "Have you had a busy day?" because if you say either yes of no their response is always "that's good" or similar. I know its just small talk and that many people like it, but its pointless to me, especially coming from a stranger who I wish would simply scan and pack as fast as they can so that I'm not standing in line for ages

onehandclapping

god, it depresses me sometimes seeing otherwise intelligent people hold really ****ed up views and opinions on things. the sort of people who have a high level of traditional intelligence and a scientific mind yet still manage to form views which are so fundamentally wrong. you'd think after world war 2 people would have learned how wrong it is to want to such a thing as a master race.

equally depressing is when these people get themselves into positions of power and influence within their industry they work in. I worry about humanity sometimes.

Lavinialuna

god, it depresses me sometimes seeing otherwise intelligent people hold really ****ed up views and opinions on things. the sort of people who have a high level of traditional intelligence and a scientific mind yet still manage to form views which are so fundamentally wrong....

I had a similar thought today when I saw a post by someone I have long respected and it was (in my opinion) an ignorant post about their political view. I CAN'T LOOK UP TO THEM ANYMORE. Know what I mean? Well, I suppose I could, but if that is going on under the surface, what else did I mis-judge?
I just hate that. How do people arrive as such different conclusions?

Ithior

I sent two emails from two different paypal accounts regarding the same incident, and all I got was a survey to fill about the service provided by them. Obviously I graded it very low since I didn't even get an answer. Should I wait for them to eventually answer me or should I just send it again?

dottie

I had a similar thought today when I saw a post by someone I have long respected and it was (in my opinion) an ignorant post about their political view. I CAN'T LOOK UP TO THEM ANYMORE. Know what I mean? Well, I suppose I could, but if that is going on under the surface, what else did I mis-judge?
I just hate that. How do people arrive as such different conclusions?

Most people feel this way when they realize someone they like doesn't hold the same worldview as they do. This is why it takes guts to speak out. A large percentage will see you as annoying for preaching to the choir, the remainder write you off as an imbecile/evil. No matter what position you take, people will frown on you.

I think people arrive at such different conclusions because some blindly follow whatever the media guides them to think (based on emotional manipulation) whereas other people take these things and hold them up to their own experiences, using logic (which is, btw, not infallible). What is right? What is wrong? What is good? What is bad?

Lavinialuna

Most people feel this way when they realize someone they like doesn't hold the same worldview as they do. This is why it takes guts to speak out. A large percentage will see you as annoying for preaching to the choir, the remainder write you off as an imbecile/evil. No matter what position you take, people will frown on you.

I think people arrive at such different conclusions because some blindly follow whatever the media guides them to think (based on emotional manipulation) whereas other people take these things and hold them up to their own experiences, using logic (which is, btw, not infallible). What is right? What is wrong? What is good? What is bad?

I just choose to not expose my views to people I don't know well. I hate arguing politics or religion. Oddly enough I used to love it right up until my anxiety got really bad, then it ceased to be fun. Wonder if someday I'll find joy in it again?

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
It's not the world that's messed up.
It's the human race.
The world don't want to be saved, only left alone.

Lavinialuna

Dang it! I saw an article that had a major spoiler to one of my favorite shows in it's title. Argh :thumbdown: :crying: Now when I watch it, it will be more like "let's get this over with." :eek:mg:

Oh well. My life is otherwise good, I shouldn't complain!