Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

WeirdyMcGee

I think I've only showered every day for one week of my entire life.

Our water heating is quite limited these days. My parents allowed a metered to be installed that limits water heating, at least at certain times of the day. And who knows, our water heater might not work that well these days.

We do at least one load of dishes every day which takes a lot of hot water. Then usually at least one load of laundry is done that uses hot water, sometimes 3 or 4. We don't have a whole lot of towels, and I don't have that many clothes, so that increases loads of laundry. My sisters usually takes 4-5 showers a week, sometimes 6. My dad takes 3.

Also, I am so tired and slow all the time, so it's really hard for me to compete with everything.

I feel like I am living a homeless lifestyle in a lot of ways, so I ask myself, what in the hell am I still doing here?

I'm all about preserving water and since I don't sweat too much, I can get away with using wipes after working out and still only showering once every third day; and *that* is mainly to wash my hair.

My brother showers 2 times a day and my mom showers every day unless she sees a commercial on TV about water consumption and feels bad... then skips a day but goes back to showering every day.
XD

Nothing wrong with not showering constantly but after a month, you may try to push yourself to shower.
I've been at a state where I hadn't showered in weeks and didn't WANT to or CARE to. You just lay there and sweat anyways... and you don't notice if you 'feel' dirty-- actually... at that point you don't feel much of anything.
Cleaning up can be the start of a small turnaround in mood, though.
Same with tidying your room.

They say a cluttered room is a cluttered mind.
Cleaning up can sometimes simplify things.

I'm all about preserving water and since I don't sweat too much, I can get away with using wipes after working out and still only showering once every third day; and *that* is mainly to wash my hair.

My brother showers 2 times a day and my mom showers every day unless she sees a commercial on TV about water consumption and feels bad... then skips a day but goes back to showering every day.
XD

Nothing wrong with not showering constantly but after a month, you may try to push yourself to shower.
I've been at a state where I hadn't showered in weeks and didn't WANT to or CARE to. You just lay there and sweat anyways... and you don't notice if you 'feel' dirty-- actually... at that point you don't feel much of anything.
Cleaning up can be the start of a small turnaround in mood, though.
Same with tidying your room.

They say a cluttered room is a cluttered mind.
Cleaning up can sometimes simplify things.

Two words : Navy shower. Turn on water and get wet. Turn off water. Soap up. Turn on water. Rinse. Dry. Be clean without using but a few gallons of agua. Or take a bucket bath. There's instructionals on the 'net. I've done the Navy shower for several years now and its actually quicker i believe.

WeirdyMcGee

Two words : Navy shower. Turn on water and get wet. Turn off water. Soap up. Turn on water. Rinse. Dry. Be clean without using but a few gallons of agua. Or take a bucket bath. There's instructionals on the 'net. I've done the Navy shower for several years now and its actually quicker i believe.

I absolutely can NOT navy shower.
I have to shave EVERYTHING-- I have a phobia of body hair... so if you aren't a woman who has to shave her legs and other parts that I won't list off; you can't suggest such a heinous thing!

haha

I absolutely can NOT navy shower.
I have to shave EVERYTHING-- I have a phobia of body hair... so if you aren't a woman who has to shave her legs and other parts that I won't list off; you can't suggest such a heinous thing!

haha

Then the bucket bath is for you :) it's funny though.... i run about a quart of water into the sink to shave my face with (only place i shave) and its plenty. I use way less than that to rinse. So going off of proportions my face using one quart or so to your whole body i would say you'd need about a gallon and a half or so. Sounds perfectly do-able to me. :p

MollyBeGood

My ex-father in law was military and he used to do this thing he'd call "wh0re bath" where he's just clean himself with a wet wash cloth. Guess they teach you that in the service, too.

One month IS too long. You need to shower at least 3 times a week just to feel OK with yourself. It sucks that you feel that bad Rawz. You really should at least push yourself to keep clean-you will feel so much better! Heck if it's the only thing you do all day then it was worth it. Your family should care more to help you with stuff like that, it's very basic. It really could be why you feel like sheet.

Last edited:

SCP-087-1

When I was doing a short military type course we had to do a thing where we marched through some bush for a few days and cover a lot of ground. It was compulsory that we cleaned ourselves using baby wipes to do a "wh0re bath".

Rawz

I had to do that sometimes last winter to even be able to shower at all. It doesn't feel anywhere near as good as a full shower though.

One month IS too long. You need to shower at least 3 times a week just to feel OK with yourself. It sucks that you feel that bad Rawz. You really should at least push yourself to keep clean-you will feel so much better! Heck if it's the only thing you do all day then it was worth it. Your family should care more to help you with stuff like that, it's very basic. It really could be why you feel like sheet.

Showers do make me feel much, much better. I don't know why they make me feel so good these days. I don't see showering regularly being a possibility if I stay where I am though.

I think I've only showered every day for one week of my entire life.

Our water heating is quite limited these days. My parents allowed a metered to be installed that limits water heating, at least at certain times of the day. And who knows, our water heater might not work that well these days.

We do at least one load of dishes every day which takes a lot of hot water. Then usually at least one load of laundry is done that uses hot water, sometimes 3 or 4. We don't have a whole lot of towels, and I don't have that many clothes, so that increases loads of laundry. My sisters usually takes 4-5 showers a week, sometimes 6. My dad takes 3.

Also, I am so tired and slow all the time, so it's really hard for me to compete with everything.

I feel like I am living a homeless lifestyle in a lot of ways, so I ask myself, what in the hell am I still doing here?

Why was that meter installed? Was it a money thing? Because I used to shower once every two weeks due to depression, and never knew how much more miserable it made me, it was like night and day when I started to strictly schedule it.

Being able to shower regularly might make you feel a lot more stable and collected. Hell, even if it's just a quick, soapless, rinse.

Kiwong

I have a spotlessly clean shower for the first time in years. Had a cleaner in to get it gleaming, a new water saving shower head, fixed washers in the taps. A new oven, exhaust fans, fixed railings, clean fridge and kitchen. Made three trips to the tip and tossed out heaps of garbage, recycled even more. Cleaned up my courtyard.

All with the help of my sister. It was fearful to open up my world, but now I've done it I have opened up so many more options for my future. I've dug myself out of a great big hole that was weighing me down.

Last edited:

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
"We be nice to them, if they be nice to us".

"But Masters our friend.."
"You don't have any friends..."

I have a spotlessly clean shower for the first time in years. Had a cleaner in to get it gleaming, a new water saving shower head, fixed washers in the taps. A new oven, exhaust fans, fixed railings, clean fridge and kitchen. Made three trips to the tip and tossed out heaps of garbage, recycled even more. Cleaned up my courtyard.

All with the help of my sister. It was fearful to open up my world, but now I've done it I have opened up so many more options for my future. I've dug myself out of a great big hole that was weighing me down.

That's great news dude! That took a lot of guts to do.