Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

outofthisworld

I really like week days because i work so hard and over time and it truly helps not to think about my problems and i socialize with my coworkers and i pretty much feel normal.. now issue is on weekends i really like to sleep and relax.. but that comes with the issue of too much free time = to thinking about my issues, and worrying and basically hardcore SA mode,, its hard not to have a real life friend or something else,, i wish that can change in the near future...

Is empathy a default human emotion?
Or is it something that is only achieved by being taught to feel it for others as you grow up?

This puzzles me because there seems to be such an enormous amount of the population without the ability to feel compassion!?

So, are humans not born with the ability naturally, does it mean they were just not taught it by their parents? Or, do they actively choose not to feel it while still having been born with the ability?

Such a difficult conundrum.:thinking::thinking:

(These is a rhetorical question btw, I am not requiring replies to it, I am just thinking out aloud)......:thinking:

Lavinialuna

Or is it something that is only achieved by being taught to feel it for others as you grow up?

This puzzles me because there seems to be such an enormous amount of the population without the ability to feel compassion!?

So, are humans not born with the ability naturally, does it mean they were just not taught it by their parents? Or, do they actively choose not to feel it while still having been born with the ability?

(These is a rhetorical question btw, I am not requiring replies to it, I am just thinking out aloud)......:thinking:
Maybe it is a "sense" that some are taught to hone, while others are taught to ignore it. I'm sure our upbringing has something to do with it, but I'd like to think that it is born in, a natural component to humanity. Maybe more highly developed in some more than others? It's a good question!

singing-love

Someone please take me away from this place. I don't think I can live like this anymore. I'm not strong enough to keep going.

I've been trying to grow a moustache and beard for the past three weeks to see how far I'd come if I tried.

The outcome is tragic.

I believe it's very much a developed quality, but that even adults can pick up at later stages in their life. People can become compassionate after dealing with a healthy dose of hardship after all, so it's definitely possible.

The opposite also happens, but I feel that's more desensitisation than it is undoing the development.

But then you also have the people that are biologically unable due to brain defects, but they're not really default by any means.

dottie

Empathy is an "instinct" concocted by the Disney corporation in 1932, with the intent of subliminal marketing for capital gain. Before the advent of Disney films there was no such thing. The final stage of evolution into modern man did not begin until that point in time.

dottie

TALL PEOPLE SHORT WORLD. Knocked my head twice today on different objects that average-height people would not. There is a huge welt on my forehead.

You know those range hoods that go over stoves... WHY? All the time!!! At least once a week. I'm not even going to have one when I build my castle.

When I am rich, no short people will be allowed on my property. Liability. Everything will be inconvenient and unsafe for them.

TALL PEOPLE SHORT WORLD. Knocked my head twice today on different objects that average-height people would not. There is a huge welt on my forehead.

You know those range hoods that go over stoves... WHY? All the time!!! At least once a week. I'm not even going to have one when I build my castle.

When I am rich, no short people will be allowed on my property. Liability. Everything will be inconvenient and unsafe for them.

:lol: not laughing at the knot on your noggin but at the way you're gonna do your castle. How tall are you? Looking at my vent hood over the stove here in the kitchen, you'd have to be around 5'7" to head butt the thing. Here, we'll kiss it an make it all better :kiss: there, all better now :bigsmile: works every time lol

dottie

:lol: not laughing at the knot on your noggin but at the way you're gonna do your castle. How tall are you? Looking at my vent hood over the stove here in the kitchen, you'd have to be around 5'7" to head butt the thing. Here, we'll kiss it an make it all better :kiss: there, all better now :bigsmile: works every time lol

Ouch! YOU!

nodejesque

I relate so much, being five inches shorter would make my life easier. Lol