Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

singing-love

I hate the silent treatment, why can't people just say what they need to say and work towards getting over it? Is it really that difficult? Guess so...

Kiwong

There was a work office clean up followed by a free pizza lunch and meeting for all staff. I went out and bought a subway and ate it on my own.

Legend of Korra would be such a better show if the network got behind it, and gave it proper length seasons to flesh everything out. Right now there's so much, that you end up with almost nothing because all of it flashes by in a hurry.

That said, I'm impressed with how much they're still able to get out of it. And the season finale was fantastic, albeit, again, faster than I would've liked.

Ithior

I'm likely to get a job in accounting, but I only learned it in my first year of university which was 3 years ago. I picked up an introductory book I had bought back then (The Accounting Game) as per my teacher's recommendation, but I didn't read it then. I'm about to finish it now (just the last chapter left). Reviewed some important things but I'm still missing other important stuff as well, so I'll be picking up my class notes to practice some more. I don't want to be working and saying "Oh, this? I don't remember how it's done".

shyflower

I just went for a run and tripped over and people saw it.

I'm sure the neighbors around here see me trip on something all the time. I do a lot of yard work and there has been times when my shoes have fallen apart. Usually my sandals just get caught up on something and nearly throw me down too when I have been outside. I don't care if anyone saw it because I know they would just leave me there flat on my face and not even offer to pick me up off the ground. :eek:mg:

Lavinialuna

I hate dealing with people. My sister asked to get together Friday night, she wanted me to cut both of her daughter's hair (I used to be a stylist.) She said she would bring some meat to grill or something. Then last night my mom called, said my sister invited my mom and her boyfriend... TO MY HOUSE... for dinner. Ummmm, when I agreed to do a favor I didn't realize I would be suddenly hosting a family party. If my brother found out we didn't invite his family, the family politics gets dicey so am I supposed to ask him too, or is that my sister's job? And if I'm doling out the haircuts for my sister's kids, then do I have to cut EVERYONE'S hair? So- I am supposed to clean, cook, hostess a party, and cut everyone's hair?
Needless to say I cancelled. The honest truth is that while Wonder Woman could probably pull this off, I have Lupus and very low iron. In fact it's 3 pm and I just found the energy to get dressed today, the two haircuts alone would be pushing it.
So the big question is why do I feel bad about it, and it's not fair that I have to deal with the anxiety over not meeting my families elaborate demands?

If you're gonna prank call somebody, block your number! My prank caller didn't for some reason. Dude has been calling me for 3 months asking for "Don" and when i say "This is JC. You got the wrong number" he cusses me before he hangs up. Sometimes he'll call multiple times a day. He won't stop and he won't tell me where he is so i can go kick his ***. ... So i took my magic marker into several public restrooms and wrote "wanna hook up. Send xxx pics to (his phone number) love ya!" :mad: and then i got on the computer and made up a bunch of flyers for cars for sale real cheap with his phone number and put them up all over town today. In the Windows of businesses and duct taped to drink machines. :D i even brought some to work and put them in the break rooms! Hope he likes all the phone calls he is getting. And if he gets mad I'm sure the genetalia pics will cheer him up! Contemplating putting his number on craigslist in the men-seeking-men section. :p

Lavinialuna

If you're gonna prank call somebody, block your number! My prank caller didn't for some reason. Dude has been calling me for 3 months asking for "Don" and when i say "This is JC. You got the wrong number" he cusses me before he hangs up. Sometimes he'll call multiple times a day. He won't stop and he won't tell me where he is so i can go kick his ***. ... So i took my magic marker into several public restrooms and wrote "wanna hook up. Send xxx pics to (his phone number) love ya!" :mad: and then i got on the computer and made up a bunch of flyers for cars for sale real cheap with his phone number and put them up all over town today. In the Windows of businesses and duct taped to drink machines. :D i even brought some to work and put them in the break rooms! Hope he likes all the phone calls he is getting. And if he gets mad I'm sure the genetalia pics will cheer him up! Contemplating putting his number on craigslist in the men-seeking-men section. :p
After 3 months, I suppose it was deserved, lol! You are a thorough, and worthy opponent, and I hope to keep you on my good side. :bigsmile:

I hate dealing with people. My sister asked to get together Friday night, she wanted me to cut both of her daughter's hair (I used to be a stylist.) She said she would bring some meat to grill or something. Then last night my mom called, said my sister invited my mom and her boyfriend... TO MY HOUSE... for dinner. Ummmm, when I agreed to do a favor I didn't realize I would be suddenly hosting a family party. If my brother found out we didn't invite his family, the family politics gets dicey so am I supposed to ask him too, or is that my sister's job? And if I'm doling out the haircuts for my sister's kids, then do I have to cut EVERYONE'S hair? So- I am supposed to clean, cook, hostess a party, and cut everyone's hair?
Needless to say I cancelled. The honest truth is that while Wonder Woman could probably pull this off, I have Lupus and very low iron. In fact it's 3 pm and I just found the energy to get dressed today, the two haircuts alone would be pushing it.
So the big question is why do I feel bad about it, and it's not fair that I have to deal with the anxiety over not meeting my families elaborate demands?

They should be more considerate of your situation. Its really rude to invite a third party when you're a guest in somebodys house in the first place. They can go to the barber shop just like everyone else can. *Hugs*

There are some really scary cracks forming right above where I sleep. The reason why it's scary is because I live on the first floor of four, meaning that there's considerable weight pressing down on our apartment in particular. They run literally from one wall to the other across the width of the room. I'm not really sure how concerned I should be.

sx4F6z.jpg

XRCzmj.jpg

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!

:bigsmile: Sorry, couldnae help but laugh at that story, JC.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
There are some really scary cracks forming right above where I sleep. The reason why it's scary is because I live on the first floor of four, meaning that there's considerable weight pressing down on our apartment in particular. They run literally from one wall to the other across the width of the room. I'm not really sure how concerned I should be.

Judging by the first photo, Puma, ah'd quite concerned and see if you can have something done about that, to be honest. Ah hud a similar problem with ma bedroom ceiling - and got it sorted coz ah wuz worried the roof wuz gonnae cave in on me. Ah realise that last part doesnae exactly reassure you in any way... Sorry.

sx4F6z.jpg

XRCzmj.jpg

There are load bearing joists between floors. The ceiling is just there to hide the structure and look pretty. If the ceiling fell, it wouldn't be enough weight to hurt you. If the joists above collapsed with it then you'd be in a bad situation. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Lavinialuna

sx4F6z.jpg

XRCzmj.jpg

I would be worried a bit too if I was you, but JC is probably right. Still, I would check with the landlord. Best to have it looked at.