Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

jaim38

I was watching this program and saw this guy who looks very indecisive and is consequently slow in everything he does. The hosts were fed up with him, even my dad thinks he's a dud, but I could see a bit of myself in him (he also resembles my cousin physically). I'm also very indecisive at times, couldn't make up my mind about things, and found myself unable to think through situations logically. At times, I was torn between logic and intuition (?), so this means choosing between one of the 2. I can be very logical and illogical at the same time.

Rawz

I'm grateful to be alive. I never realized how wonderful and beautiful life is.

I never appreciated life as much as I should have. I haven't appreciated a lot of the the things I have experienced enough. I have usually focused on any shortcomings, on how it could have been better, etc. I got that from my dad.

I don't know how much longer I will be alive, but I am glad when I wake up in the morning and am still alive. I hope I have a long, healthy life ahead of me.

AGR

I dont get it......
You drink and get into fights you are held accountable,you drink and drive the same,you drink and kill someone the same,but you drink and have sex then that is everyone elses fault..........doesnt make sense at all:eek:mg:

I hate how society make people less accountable for their actions,to me that just creates more trashy people and actions,just creating excuses for trashy deeds,just like when people say "they are married thats their problem","I dont owe them anything""If it wasnt me it would be someone else",its only an excuse for trashy actions,you shouldnt owe people anything before respecting them you selfish *****s.

sorry just needed to vent a bit.....

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I dont get it......
You drink and get into fights you are held accountable,you drink and drive the same,you drink and kill someone the same,but you drink and have sex then that is everyone elses fault..........doesnt make sense at all:eek:mg:
It's not that simple.

If you're drunk and act obnoxiously and go punch someone in the face, the blame is clearly on you. If you're drunk and someone else (who may or may not be drunk) acts obnoxiously and punches you in the face, you being drunk has nothing to do with it--if the other person is truly the one doing all the wrong.

If you're drunk and drive and crash into someone, the blame is clearly on you. It's still possible to not be at fault if you're drunk, though it's a lot less likely. It's certainly harder to make a case for.

If you're drunk and have sex with someone the 'at fault' gets even more complicated. I don't think a sober person with any decency would have sex with an obviously drunk stranger, because that's taking advantage. If both parties are just as drunk then they're probably equally responsible for the sex. Then there's the gray areas of what if both people had been drinking but one more than the other; if they were already in a relationship, and so on.

Lavinialuna

Another freaking anxiety attack. Anyone else have their muscles stiffen up until they are practically rigid or ever have your jaw muscles lock up? I am still on the fence about whether I am mentally able to do this to myself or if something is physically wrong with me... I mean I went out in public alone without a "handler" (lol) and this is how I pay. Damn it!

Another freaking anxiety attack. Anyone else have their muscles stiffen up until they are practically rigid or ever have your jaw muscles lock up? I am still on the fence about whether I am mentally able to do this to myself or if something is physically wrong with me... I mean I went out in public alone without a "handler" (lol) and this is how I pay. Damn it!

Are our brains and their chemicals not just another part of the body? If you've had any kind of success, ever, at all, then there's more than enough proof that you're physically capable of it. It's motivation and strenght that you need, the tools are already there.

Failures are only failures when you stop trying to redeem them. Look at it this way, even if you fall down flat on your face and shatter your pride in a billion pieces, it's still a sign that you've not fallen into mental stagnation.

Lavinialuna

Are our brains and their chemicals not just another part of the body? If you've had any kind of success, ever, at all, then there's more than enough proof that you're physically capable of it. It's motivation and strenght that you need, the tools are already there.

Failures are only failures when you stop trying to redeem them. Look at it this way, even if you fall down flat on your face and shatter your pride in a billion pieces, it's still a sign that you've not fallen into mental stagnation.

Thanks for the encouragement.

GraybeardGhost

^What about the hypothetical situation of
If I couldn't drink because I was being a gent and driving, but I didn't have to carry her up the stairs or help her undress? Like, where's the cut-off point?

If you're being a gent, be a gent. Pretty simple.

It's been a generally shite day with damp weather, bad moods and irksome chores, but it's ended well with the finding of a sweet smelling winter blossom. It only takes one good thing to make the day ok

I've gone pretty low. I continue to sink lower and lower. I've lost all spark for life. I sleep 12+ hours a day. Whenever I am awake I just want to sleep. I recognized some things. About myself. I never thought of it like that. It makes sense now how it all came to be.I feel like I am not really worthy to talk about though. It's not like I have the right.

Are you still finding peace by taking care of your animals? Forgive me, I ain't talked to you in a while.

They are fine. I sometimes spend time with them but it all feels so numb. I pet them and it feels so lifeless. Like I am touching them but not actually feel like I am touching them. It's very dull.

Sorry about not being really here lately. I've been haven't been able to muster up anything to say as of late and have just been lurking mainly. Posting anxiety. Lack of enthusiasm to say anything.

How are you jc?

Kinda the same as you described, oddly enough. Hope things get more real and less numb dude :thumbup:

jimmy75

I'm high on many drugs at the moment and I feel good, just not looking forward to tomorrow when there's no more drugs.

PerseverareJasmine

I keep eating big bowls of pretzels and nacho cheese Doritos. I know its not really a good thing to eat just because you're feeling bored, but I've been doing it a lot lately.