Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

MikeyC

My dad received a letter in the mail today saying that some person in Spain who shares our surname, but isn't related to us, left US$9.5 million dollars, and we're entitled to that money if we go through his process and use "discretion" - as in, don't go to the media. Nice try, mate. :thumbup:

jaim38

At height of popularity, creator pulls Flappy Bird from App Stores | Ars Technica

I wonder if the creator had SA:

What Nguyen “cannot take” isn’t the reported $50,000 in daily revenue Flappy Bird was bringing in, but rather the attention the game’s success has brought. “I can call Flappy Bird is [sic] a success of mine. But it also ruins my simple life. So now I hate it,” Nguyen tweeted yesterday. “Yes, the #1 makes a lot of visibility, more profits and also getting more haters :-(“ he tweeted earlier in the week.

jaim38

Why Failure Is Good for Success | SUCCESS Magazine | What Achievers Read

Great inspiring article! Here is a passage that I liked:

“One of the biggest secrets to success is operating inside your strength zone but outside of your comfort zone,” Heath says. Although you might fail incredibly, you might succeed incredibly—and that’s why incredible risk and courage are requisite. Either way, you’ll learn more than ever about your strengths, talents and resolve, and you’ll strengthen your will for the next challenge.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
My dad received a letter in the mail today saying that some person in Spain who shares our surname, but isn't related to us, left US$9.5 million dollars, and we're entitled to that money if we go through his process and use "discretion" - as in, don't go to the media. Nice try, mate. :thumbup:
funny-picture-sad-prince-of-nigeria-no-one-takes-his-emails-seriously-555x487.jpg

This sounds more like a fear of very large hippopotami with long feet. :idontknow:
I looked that up once. It's not legit.

Srijita52

What is making to so hard for you at the moment, Srijita? Hope it eases up fot you.

Anxiety, my awful social skills plus loneliness I guess. Thank you Kiwong. I read you're going through a tough time yourself, hope things get better for you too. :)

I've become very serious about getting help for my social anxiety. I refuse to procrastinate any longer and keep trying my own methods. I am afraid of therapy being ineffective, but CBT has been shown to be really helpful, especially in social anxiety therapy groups. I know it doesn't work for EVERYONE, for whatever reason, but many many people have gotten better with it. I might as well try.

I found what sounds like a really good SA therapy group about an hour away from me. It meets every other week, and I'm definitely more than willing to travel an hour each time. I would do it even if it were two hours, if I couldn't find anything closer.

The only thing I'm worried about is if they don't accept my insurance. In that case, I'm SOL :sad:

I sent an email to the doctor who runs it. I'll find out soon enough if I can start.

FINGERS CROSSED!