Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

PerseverareJasmine

Why not both at the same time? ;)

That would have been great :). Unfortunately there was no one around to give me a massage and the Chinese food restaurant near where I live was closed, so I just settled for eating some clam chowder and doing some shoulder rolling exercises to try to loosen up, oh well lol.

MikeyC

That would have been great :). Unfortunately there was no one around to give me a massage and the Chinese food restaurant near where I live was closed, so I just settled for eating some clam chowder and doing some shoulder rolling exercises to try to loosen up, oh well lol.
That sounds like a poor second, but it's something. :giggle:

MikeyC

You just have to work with what you have sometimes lol. Oh, and that blind date event that you mentioned in your other post sounds like it might be fun, but I can definitely understand why it'd made you feel nervous to do it.
Yeah, true. It's also over $100 for a ticket so that's something to think about, as well. It would be a night to remember, anyway. :)

Biggest Blind Date - Guinness World Record Attempt by CitySwoon

Women's tickets are sold out, but men's tickets are still available for an attempt to break the world record in blind dating. It's in the Sydney Opera House and dinner is catered by a famous chef.

Tempting. Also anxiety-invoking. I'm definitely considering it, though. :)
^Go for it Mikey!:thumbup:

Funny how people you come across can tell you that you are worth more then you think many many times. However, your mind will never believe it until YOU believe it for yourself.:eek:h:
So the solution must involve discovering how to convince your mind that you are really worth something.:idontknow:

MikeyC

Funny how people you come across can tell you that you are worth more then you think many many times. However, your mind will never believe it until YOU believe it for yourself.:eek:h:
So the solution must involve discovering how to convince your mind that you are really worth something.:idontknow:
I've told you this many times and you never believe me. ;) You're awesome, BlueDays.

How's the course going?

MikeyC

Wow, the price would be something to consider for sure, you're right. I bet it'd be a good time though.

Good luck if you go Mikey.

^Lol, Mikey :bigsmile: I really think you should try that dating thing, seriously.:)
Thank you all, ladies. I will see how I feel next Friday. :)

^My anxiety is stopping me from doing as well as I should be, but I am learning to accept that "near enough is good enough" :giggle:
As long as you're doing okay, that's all that matters. I think it's wonderful you're going back to school (TAFE?). After a while I think you'll do really well and you'll relax more.

Rawz

I've been thinking about making a big (maybe huge) thread with different advice, tips, help, etc for lessening and/or overcoming social anxiety. Basically the first post would be an index, and then each topic would have it's own post, and the index would have links to each post.

I've started reading about body language and having been thinking up my own ideas of ways to help me socialize, become more comfortable around other people, share myself with others, and make friends. Currently since I'm not working I don't have a reason, or money, to be going places and being around a lot of people several times a week. So I would prefer to wait until I am working so I can try out my ideas, maybe refine them, before finalizing and posting this topic.

I think it would be a good idea though if some of us got together and shared things that have worked for us. Especially things that we thought up ourselves that you may not find out about easily. I'm sure some of you have good ideas. Nothing is too silly or simple to not be included, in my opinion.

I just think it would be a good idea to have a helpful sticky with lots of information, even though people still post before searching/looking at stickies, etc. I am going to make something like this whether or not it ends up being posted here or can become a sticky, etc. When I have a website I will probably post it there.

I'm actively looking into treatment groups for social anxiety. It just doesn't seem like there's a lot. And I'm not sure if the one I found takes my insurance or not; I still haven't received an email back, so maybe I'll call them next week. There are some other SA CBT group therapy programs but they're too far away. Of course, the best one is in Arizona *sigh*

That's really the only thing I'm hopeful about right now. If I can't get treatment - or if I do get treatment and it doesn't help (heaven forbid) - I don't know what I'll do. I'm afraid to think that far ahead, because I know I'll be in the most horrible despair and I know exactly what I'll want and maybe plan to do.

I also skipped going to a meetup get-together for introverted females in their 20's. It involved pizza and beer/wine and I was just so afraid I'd show up and they'd look at me like, Are you old enough to be here? I know I'm paranoid but it's happened to me so many times and it won't ever stop, and I just don't know how to handle it. I end up feeling foolish and like I'm not worthy of other people my own age.

The more words I use (orally or typed), the more afraid I am.
^ I can so relate to that, dottie.:sad:
The more you communicate verbally, the more information you reveal about yourself that someone could potentially use to harm you. It's such an irrational fear, but so hard to quell.:idontknow:

Ithior

I stopped using texts or fb messages as a form of communication because I can no longer use emoticons. I see them as childish and overused so I just use one or two, and very occasionally. I also dislike using "lol" and stuff like that so it's harder to convey laughter or to let the other person know I read what they wrote but I have nothing to add. These little things made it kinda hard for me to communicate via text, which was something I was pretty good at 6 years ago but absolutely terrible at nowadays. I mean, when I was 14 I got a girlfriend (the only so far) just through the usage of messenger and texts. One week I sent over 1500 sms (most of them to that girl). Nowadays I send 5 a week if I'm feeling chatty.

I'm dying to have a friend right now. I miss the days when I did. I hope there comes a day when I have friends again. I hope I can find a way to make them and keep them.

Rawz

I'm dying to have a friend right now. I miss the days when I did. I hope there comes a day when I have friends again. I hope I can find a way to make them and keep them.

Yeah I would like to have some friends too. It's been 7 years since I had any friends.

Kiwong

It should be possible? You have lots of friends on here, people seem to like you. Hope that extends into the offline world too.