Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Trishanku

I am 29 yrs old :crying: Not that it's my birthday today. My birthday was last month. But i just realized That I am 29 years old. I can't believe I am not 28 anymore :thumbdown: I was so much at peace being 28. I really wanted a few more years to roll by to become 29. I am so much out of touch with reality:crying:

Kiwong

Forgive my ignorance, but is that something really special or hard to get? Or is it that you've never run a triathlon? Either way, congrats. That sounds pretty cool.

Thanks. Well the really good thing is that I get a free entry, which is about $100. The bad part is the guy who got injured, and offered me his place in the team. I only get to do the run leg, which is fortunate because I am lousy swimmer, and riding a bike is like torture. It's quite an important local ironman race.

Last edited:

Kiwong

I am 29 yrs old :crying: Not that it's my birthday today. My birthday was last month. But i just realized That I am 29 years old. I can't believe I am not 28 anymore :thumbdown: I was so much at peace being 28. I really wanted a few more years to roll by to become 29. I am so much out of touch with reality:crying:

Hang onto 29 for as long as you can, Trishanku, it is a pretty good age to be.

I once read that when made uncomfortable or upset in some way, extroverts become more extroverted and introverts become more introverted. And while it seems to be a simple truth, I realized I hadn't ever taken note of it like that before. I see quite clearly now how it is true. The extrovert will talk and complain quite a bit and go on and on about the issue causing the upset, and the introvert will withdraw more to point of muteness as he/she becomes increasingly upset (which leads to feeling uncomfortable/awkward and the last bit of confidence that evaporates causes him/her to clam up completely).

Maybe this scenario isn't true in ALL cases, but I've seen it happen quite a bit. And being an ambivert myself, I've done both. There are times when I'm with people I'm very comfortable around and if I'm upset I will talk ceaselessly about my concerns, loudly. But when I'm feeling ill at ease in a group and something causes me to become upset or more uncomfortable, rather than let everyone know I'm upset about something and complain about it, I clam up or I become a woman of few words. Hmmmmm, interesting :thinking:

Last edited:

Ithior

I hate it when people always have to interrupt me at the worst times. When I'm just lazying around the internet no one interrupts me, when I start doing something that I can't stop after I start (I can stop, but then I have to start from the beginning) I always get interrupted. Even if those things take less than two minutes, it's almost guaranteed that I'll be interrupted in those two minutes.

xSleepy

I remember in high school one of my teachers asked if I wanted to go over my paper with him. I just said "No" and kinda ran away while he was starting to sit down. I laugh everytime I remember that. It's so out of character of me to just flat out say no to anything.
I was so embarrassed by my paper, I wanted to get the hell out of there.

Just thought I'd share that.

Flanscho

So, my closest friend is a girl I know since more than ten years. I guess in the average we meet twice a week. We go to video evenings together, board game evenings, festivals, fantasy conventions, role playing afternoons and all kinds of other stuff. From my circle of friends, I think that she knows me best. We seem to have developed a brotherly/sisterly relationship I guess. Some weeks ago, we were even asked if we were brothers and sisters. ^^

Now she is in a relationship with a guy who is also my friend. And their relationship was always somewhat open. Which means in theory it was, but just not quite, because he wouldn't be as fine with her having fun with other guys as she'd be with him having fun with other girls.

Some months ago he started a serious second relationship with another friend of ours, and my best friend told him that it's fine. She is a super busy girl, so she is right now kinda happy about being able to do her stuff while her bf is care for by someone else.
At about the same time, every now and then, she started sending me kiss emoticons in various chats. Not randomly, but just every now and then after we finished chatting or exchanging opinions.

At first I was a bit surprised about that, not sure what to think about it. But I guess it's more of the brother-sister thing. Still odd, the timing.

Ithior

I've been much more into reading now that I'm out of school/university. Currently reading a book about economics and a novel, and I already have a book about negotiation waiting in line (just bought it today). In a normal school year I wouldn't even pick up a book (except the ones I had to read for school).

jaim38

Imagine having a genie at your disposal. This genie grants your every wish and follows your every command. Not unlike Aladdin and his magic lamp, and Ciel and his demon butler. What do you think about being in a situation like this? Personally, I wouldn't be entirely happy. Law of the universe: "there ain't no free lunch." Sure, the genie grants almost any wish I want, but the genie isn't content to be just a slave. It also wants something out of the partnership. Genie told Aladdin he wants to be free. Ciel had to give his soul to the butler after he dies. The concept sounds nice but just like any contract, there are catches and conditions involved. I would be wary of forming such a contract with a genie, spirit, witch, or any supernatural entity.

MollyBeGood

The night is dark and full of terrors
Can't get that outta my head
Game of Thrones is such a cool show. Just finishing up season 3. Really makes me want to visit Croatia someday. I already wanted to go before I saw the show.

Got our first snow of the season yesterday. Looks like a long winter.

Imagine having a genie at your disposal. This genie grants your every wish and follows your every command. Not unlike Aladdin and his magic lamp, and Ciel and his demon butler. What do you think about being in a situation like this? Personally, I wouldn't be entirely happy. Law of the universe: "there ain't no free lunch." Sure, the genie grants almost any wish I want, but the genie isn't content to be just a slave. It also wants something out of the partnership. Genie told Aladdin he wants to be free. Ciel had to give his soul to the butler after he dies. The concept sounds nice but just like any contract, there are catches and conditions involved. I would be wary of forming such a contract with a genie, spirit, witch, or any supernatural entity.

You could try and befriend the genie. Whether he/she is bound to grant every wish you have or not, being on such a powerful creature's good side can't be a bad thing.

Also, if I had a genie, the world would be super screwed.. or much of it anyway. :I

dottie

tempted to call in sick tomorrow so that i can finish my art installation before the deadline. i have had 2 days off in the past two weeks and so much to do. i can't think.