Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

Flanscho

Tomorrow evening my partner will come here by train. This weekend, we'll be on a festival here in town. The festival will be quite nice. With two days, it won't be that large, but large enough to be interesting and diverse enough in matters of music. I haven't been with her on a festival yet, just with my buddies, so that will be interesting. We still have to discuss which bands to go to, since our taste of music is somewhat similar, but not identical.
The festival has three locations, where different bands play all the time (in one place, also some readings and stuff take place). They're all next to each other, so it's easy to travel back and forth to the bands you like most. The whole thing takes place right next to a park, so you can easily take a break any moment, and sit out on the lawn in the sun, at the riverside.
I guess she is slightly nervous, because she doesn't have as much ties to the dark scene as I, but since she wears a lot of black anyway, and likes the music (except for industrial and aggrotech), that won't be a problem.

When I fetch her from the train station, we'll get our wristbands, and since we're then already next to a park, I'll have a blanket, a melon, something to drink and her favorite chocolate with me.

Here's a photo of last years festival here in town.
Amphi-2012-31.jpg

The bands and artists performing this year are:
A LIFE DIVIDED, STAHLMANN, SOLITARY EXPERIMENTS, WESSELSKY, TANZWUT, AGONOIZE "10 YEARS OF AGONOIZE", PHILLIP BOA AND THE VOODOOCLUB, VNV NATION, FABRIK C, XOTOX, FROZEN PLASMA, FADERHEAD, FUNKER VOGT, GRENDEL, DE/VISION, SUICIDE COMMANDO, ATARI TEENAGE RIOT, ALIEN SEX FIEND, LESUNG CHRISTIAN VON ASTER, LESUNG DR.MARK BENECKE, KONZERT DUNKELSCHÖN (Acoustic), KONZERT ESCAPE WITH ROMEO, KONZERT ROME, KONZERT WELLE:ERDBALL, DJ GILLIAN, DJ DARK WANDERER, DJ RONAN HARRIS, DJ FADERHEAD, DJ KLASS-X, DJ HIVE, [X]-RX, BEN IVORY, THE BEAUTY OF GEMINA, ICON OF COIL, LETZTE INSTANZ, DIARY OF DREAMS, OOMPH!, FIELDS OF THE NEPHILIM, CHROM, TYSKE LUDDER, SANTA HATES YOU, FAUN, UMBRA ET IMAGO, DIE FORM, ANNE CLARK, PETER HEPPNER, KONZERT CLASSIC & DEPECHE,DR.MARK BENECKE, KONZERT ALICE NEVE FOX, KONZERT ROSA CRVX, DJ DALECOOPER, DJ ALEXX BOTOX, DJ ELVIS, DJ CHRIS , DJ ROSSO,
DJANE JEANNY

Last edited:

Pacific_Loner

Pirate from the North Pole
When I fetch her from the train station, we'll get our wristbands, and since we're then already next to a park, I'll have a blanket, a melon, something to drink and her favorite chocolate with me.

Water melon and chocolate? You sound like the perfect person to go to a festival with :D

Today I had to get up at 5am to go to work and I had to work until 6pm, and I was in a good mood, never tired, almost confident, totally anxiety free, friendly and SOCIAL. That was very unexpected and strange.

And I think it's all because of one silly positive compliment.... Crazy how people have a huge impact on me

This heat is killing me, I can't get cool enough to have a decent nights sleep and have been head tired for the last three weeks.

That sucks. It's always so much worse operating on little sleep and constant annoyance of blasting heat.

It's been hot here too, and it's been insufferable at night. I'm really kicking myself for breaking my big cooling fan. Those things are life savers.

Ithior

Here everyone complains about the weather not being good enough to go to the beach (after a massive heat wave two weeks ago). I myself prefer it like this, even if the sky is grey. At least I'm not melting throughout the day.

MikeyC

^ Take it back!
Don't worry, because by October/November it'll get really hot again. My comeuppance is coming. :bigsmile:

I'm off to Wollongong tonight to see Jason Alexander (George Costanza from Seinfeld) do some stand-up comedy. I think it'll be really cool. I'm looking forward to it. :)

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I'm off to Wollongong tonight to see Jason Alexander (George Costanza from Seinfeld) do some stand-up comedy. I think it'll be really cool. I'm looking forward to it. :) He was hilarious. Laugh-a-minute stuff.

Ah think hilarious is tae be expected when ye go n' see the guy who potrayed George Costanza performin' stand-up comedy. :bigsmile:
Good tae hear ye enjoy it, Mikey. :thumbup:

It's mind blowing how my brother keeps asking if he can borrow money. He owes me like 480 bucks at this point..

If he borrows this much from other people, I doubt I'll be seeing it back any time soon. I wanted to just let his dept go a while ago, because it was more or less an accident. But at this rate it only enforces my desire to uphold the debt purely for the sake of teaching him a lesson.

I'm not going to hassle him for it, but I won't just plead him free of his guilt either.

Ithior

My sister owed me like 50 euro at one point. After that I stopped giving her money, saying that she already owed me 50 euro. Whenever I could I would ask to pay something for me because I didn't have money on me, or when our mum gave us money to pay for dinner with friends (she usually gave the money to me), I would pay for both and keep her part of the change (my mum always tells us to keep the change). Small stuff like that. Eventually she repaid everything she owed me without noticing it. Right now I owe her 1 euro.

jaim38

Just found out today that I owe a library 40 cents in overdue fees. I haven't been to this library in 4 years or so so I was shocked to see the fine. My brother sometimes use my library card to check out books. Not sure if my brother or I incurred the fine, but I will pay it.

I know that because of my SA I'm more sensitive than most to these things, but... lately I've been getting so many negative comments about my appearance that I can't help but feel a little insecure about it. I try to brush it off but the feeling lingers and comes back later on to bother me. It's not that I've gotten only negative comments - I've had some compliments as well - but the negative things stick most in our minds, and I hear them way more often than the positive. I think the reason I've been getting them so much is because I've been meeting a lot of new people lately through work and such.

I continue to get comments of surprise about my age, but instead of people just remarking that I look young they emphasize how shocked they are by saying things like "You look like a baby!" or "Yeah, you do NOT look almost 23!" Then recently at a party some drunk idiot commented on my hands being small. At that same party someone said, "You're very pale. Why is that?" and at work recently I was being teased about my height! Does everyone receive this many negative comments - almost constantly? I feel so picked apart, like I'm freakish or something. I personally am fine with the way I look until OTHERS make an issue out of it - then I start doubting myself. But when I see myself in the mirror I don't see anything freakish... I don't get it.

Just venting about it I guess. It's one thing to not let occasional negative comments get to you, but when you hear it constantly you can't help but wonder. Otherwise you just have to have some REALLY thick skin. I'm just not that tough, sorry :sad:

MikeyC

It's mind blowing how my brother keeps asking if he can borrow money. He owes me like 480 bucks at this point..

If he borrows this much from other people, I doubt I'll be seeing it back any time soon. I wanted to just let his dept go a while ago, because it was more or less an accident. But at this rate it only enforces my desire to uphold the debt purely for the sake of teaching him a lesson.

I'm not going to hassle him for it, but I won't just plead him free of his guilt either.
Perhaps you can tell your brother that he has to repay you before he can even think about borrowing more money from you. That'll make him pay you back, especially if he's desperate.

I know that because of my SA I'm more sensitive than most to these things, but... lately I've been getting so many negative comments about my appearance that I can't help but feel a little insecure about it. I try to brush it off but the feeling lingers and comes back later on to bother me. It's not that I've gotten only negative comments - I've had some compliments as well - but the negative things stick most in our minds, and I hear them way more often than the positive. I think the reason I've been getting them so much is because I've been meeting a lot of new people lately through work and such.

I continue to get comments of surprise about my age, but instead of people just remarking that I look young they emphasize how shocked they are by saying things like "You look like a baby!" or "Yeah, you do NOT look almost 23!" Then recently at a party some drunk idiot commented on my hands being small. At that same party someone said, "You're very pale. Why is that?" and at work recently I was being teased about my height! Does everyone receive this many negative comments - almost constantly? I feel so picked apart, like I'm freakish or something. I personally am fine with the way I look until OTHERS make an issue out of it - then I start doubting myself. But when I see myself in the mirror I don't see anything freakish... I don't get it.

Just venting about it I guess. It's one thing to not let occasional negative comments get to you, but when you hear it constantly you can't help but wonder. Otherwise you just have to have some REALLY thick skin. I'm just not that tough, sorry :sad:
I don't have this much negativity about my appearance, but I do believe that it's worse for girls. I would stick to your gut instinct, because you are an attractive lady, Opal. :thumbup:

MikeyC

Ah think hilarious is tae be expected when ye go n' see the guy who potrayed George Costanza performin' stand-up comedy. :bigsmile:
Good tae hear ye enjoy it, Mikey. :thumbup:
Thanks, Graeme. It was awesome. He even threw some George jokes in his performance. "Not that there's anything wrong with that."

Phoenixx

^ Hey Opal, I still struggle with this. Being a sophomore in college, I still get mistaken for a high school/middle school student. I still hear the "small," "short," "you're 20???" remarks. Just last month when I was at college taking a summer course, a woman mistook me for a high school student that was part of the various teen summer programs that were also going on at the time. It's embarrassing, and I have been trying to find ways where I can change my appearance and actually look my age. It's hard enough for people like us to go out in public, and when we finally do the last thing we need is constant degradation about our looks and not being taken seriously. I understand shyness and anxiety doesn't do any favors in making younger people appear older, but the least people can do is still treat us like average people and not assume we're children.

MikeyC

More adventure! This time I went to a place called Stanwell Park where I had lunch - a very unusual choice for me, as I ordered beetroot and sweet potato salad. It wasn't awesome, but I'm happy that I tried it. :)

Here's a photo of the beach in a suburb called Coledale, not far away from there:

IMG_0801_zpsc4bc53cf.jpg