Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

That's terrible. :giggle: I like how you referred to it as unidentified evil.

Experiencing an ear throb that came out of the blue. Waiting for it to subside so I can listen to my precious music. Hope I'm not going deaf. Also waiting for the majority of my family to go to sleep so I can stay up in peace and maybe get some work done. Part of a therapy assignment is to make an apple out of clay and then write a poem about it. Would anyone care to write it for me? :reading:

Tell you what, I'll make the beginning and you finish it. 'Kay? ;D

Thus how I wondered why sleep eludes me, perhaps chaos in my head or the dark stillness that suits me.

No matter why, it is not at hand. For I have a project to finish, as you understand.

The moon shines brightly and the stars glisten softly, while I dormentally fear for my life due to the overdose on coffee.

So now I stay up all night to make an apple with clay that has become scarce. So that in the upcoming session, I can shove it up your rosy, to the brim filled..

You finish the rest. Might want to edit it here and there. :bigsmile:

KiaKaha

Banned
I really want to hit the water this summer. I REALLY need to be on a boat again, or at least some sort of water... craft. If I can't do an actual boat trip, kayaking sounds pretty appealing. Kayaking and... hiking!

That's it, I'm going. Even if I go alone and get lost in the woods forever.

...okay, not really. But maybe I can convince someone to go with me.

I enjoy the water too. Kayaking is a lot of fun. It's a pretty social activity, you will no doubt find someone who enjoys it with you - just gotta go out and do it.

Ithior

I don't understand this, I'm always pretty sleepy in the afternoon after classes (if I stay home at least, but I don't usually go anywhere after classes so I don't know if I would be as sleepy somewhere else). My classes start at 8.30 so I have to be up at 7am. I usually go to bed at 11pm, so I get around 7 hours of sleep at least. If I manage to go to bed earlier or fall asleep fast, I'll get 8 hours. But it still doesn't feel like it's enough, so I'm usually very sleepy in the afternoon. I struggle to stay awake but I eventually fall asleep around 6pm. I can't study in the afternoon because of this sleepiness. Today was even earlier though, it wasn't even 3pm and I was already asleep.

Even during vacations, I usually sleep 9 to 10 hours and just lay in bed another 2, usually daydreaming or in a state close to sleep. That doesn't mean I'm fully charged for the rest of the day though, I'll still be a bit sluggish.

I just don't understand how much sleep I need to get and with what frequency.

I'm scheduled for 7 hours at work today. It figures, this is the longest shift I've done there so far, and today I'm not feeling up to it at all. I'm going rapidly downhill again. They're going to try to get me to take meds, but I don't want to. There must be other effective ways to manage depression. Although I do keep saying I need to exercise more and haven't gotten into it. Motivation is so hard to come by when you feel like this, gah.

It seems a little warmer outside today though... that's good. And it's sunny. And tomorrow I have off. I'd like to spend it being productive and not moping around the house, but... we'll see :/

This is a nice post from zenhabits today: http://zenhabits.net/calm/

Last edited:
Going to a Zumba class tomorrow. Last time I did one was a little over a year ago. Should be fun and maybe will help me feel less pissed off about my annoying shift leader today.

They're going to try to get me to take meds, but I don't want to. There must be other effective ways to manage depression. Although I do keep saying I need to exercise more and haven't gotten into it. Motivation is so hard to come by when you feel like this

Medication can address brain chemical deficiencies (which is part of depression). Body & mind also need looking after.

Exercise is certainly no guarantee of getting out of depression.

Motivation: I think all one's motivations are different when depressed.

Whatever it is, one needs to STICK at it, have a decent bash at it over several weeks/months .. not flit from one thing to another on a daily basis.

has me wondering...
"People who are not depressed see the world the way they want to see it. People who are depressed see the world the way it actually is"
Or how about this: And people who are depressed see the world the way they DON'T want to see it, but once they get accustomed to the TRUTH about the world/life, then they not only see the world the way it truly is, but ALSO they are seeing the world in a way that they WANT to see it ... and so the depression is no more, as depression is a form of "deep-repression" of the truth (i just made that up!)

neardeath

I am so sad today I can't stop crying. I am trying so hard and taking new meds and going to the gym 4 times a week which is an absolute miracle but nothing is helping. I am going to see a new apartment which has a view of Lake Superior but I am so depressed I don't know how I can get through the move, even though it is a lifetime dream to see that lake out my window. Ramble on, I am so sick of myself.

Srijita52

I am so sad today I can't stop crying. I am trying so hard and taking new meds and going to the gym 4 times a week which is an absolute miracle but nothing is helping. I am going to see a new apartment which has a view of Lake Superior but I am so depressed I don't know how I can get through the move, even though it is a lifetime dream to see that lake out my window. Ramble on, I am so sick of myself.
I'm sorry you're so sad. Things will get better, maybe its just taking a while. You're already trying your best and that's great. Stay strong.

I really feel like I need to socialize today, feeling kind of lonely. But where? Maybe I'll meet someone at the Zumba class... maybe.

blah :(

Starry

My husband's mother and little sister are coming up tomorrow to collect little sister's Birthday presents... I'm already feeling uncomfortable about it... I'm seriously contemplating getting my husband to pretend I'm ill so I can hide in the bedroom whilst they're here. :/

Was watching that Animal Cops show. One guy was neglecting 38 horses. He's being charged about $750 per citation, times 38 animals, so $28,500 total in animal cruelty charges :eek:

Lamb

Interesting exercise. What's the purpose?

It turns out I had referred to myself as a rotten apple last visit. That's where the idea came from. She wanted to see how I interpreted "the apple" and expressed it in a poem. I guess I didn't make the connection. Did mention they were repulsive though. Either way, I'm not a fan..