Post your random thoughts/feelings etc

GraybeardGhost

todayyouare_zps23745135.jpg

The grammar in that sentence just didn't seem right to me.:reading:

GraybeardGrammarNazi sez :thumbup:

Still kind of a depressing sentiment, though.

MikeyC

I just made a phone call to a potential friend and we chatted for half an hour. I was so hesitent over making it but I'm glad I didn't listen to my anxiety. He seemed very happy and also said that he'd never guessed I'd call him myself. Maybe its because I was in a good mood though and I know its no big of a deal but nevertheless I feel accomplished. :)
Great work, Sri. :) Reward yourself if you can.

Kiwong

An awkaward exchange in a McDonalds. Three young women were ahead in the line.

"We're still odering, you go ahead."

"OK thanks," says I.

So I ordered and stepped to one side, feeling anxious. I'd just finished a running race, and was wearing my short shorts and joggers. My hair is long at the moment, and I haven't shaved for a couple of days.

Two of the women walked off.

"Oh my gawd, he's a freak," one exclaimed. I didn't catch watch they said, maybe they said creep.

I wasn't really sure what they were talking about, why they made such an outburst, but I wanted the ground to swallow me up.

KiaKaha

Banned
That is unkind. That probably hurt your feelings - it would have mine if that had happened to me.
Unfortunately it's people's nature to judge quickly anyone who we don't perceive as being in line with what our expectations of what constitutes as normal or acceptable. They probably took one look at you and a flurry of assumptions entered their mind based on your age, appearance, clothing and demeanor without them realizing it. It's quite thoughtless... but try and put it down to naivete - try not to let it get to you.

Besides Kiwong - the people who know you better deserve more of your attention :)

They sound young.

Kiwong

The thing KiaKaha is I'm not sure if they were impressed or disgusted. It's really only my thoughts that decide what they were thinking, or what they said, and it can lean both ways, because I don't know.

Or maybe it was "You reek." I'd just run a 5km race and was in need of a shower. Either way I wish I hadn't bumped into them. Things like that do get to me, that is my anxiety.

KiaKaha

Banned
I guess if you cannot be sure what you heard - it is hard to discern and assess what went on. Still - the anxiety isn't fun.

Srijita52

I'm sorry Kiwong. I can understand how it'd make you feel. But try not to let it get to you too much. Its the anxiety and overthinking that makes these things seem like a huge deal in our head, when often they aren't. Maybe a little distraction would be helpful right now?

Kiwong

I'm sorry Kiwong. I can understand how it'd make you feel. But try not to let it get to you too much. Its the anxiety and overthinking that makes these things seem like a huge deal in our head, when often they aren't. Maybe a little distraction would be helpful right now?

You are right, Srijita, overthinking is a bit part of this illness isn't it? I went for a run right on dusk and now I feel better.

JuiceB

Well I've been thinking about shaving my head......

:eek:

My hair at its longest is about 12 inches but I'm beginning to thin out at the top. And I mean it's thinning! I don't want to walk around with a beautiful lush jungle around the sides & back and a barren wasteland on top.

It's not there yet, but it's coming soon. Like the apocalypse.

I'd rather end it all.

I'd kill all life up there, just to make it fair. I'm talking total destruction.

nuke_castleromeo.jpg

barren+wasteland.jpg

Curse my genetics!

:kickingmyself:

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Well I've been thinking about shaving my head......

My hair at its longest is about 12 inches but I'm beginning to thin out at the top. And I mean it's thinning! I don't want to walk around with a beautiful lush jungle around the sides & back and a barren wasteland on top.

It's not there yet, but it's coming soon. Like the apocalypse.

I'd rather end it all.

I'd kill all life up there, just to make it fair. I'm talking total destruction.

nuke_castleromeo.jpg

barren+wasteland.jpg

Curse my genetics!

Aw, am thinkin' aboot daein' the same thing anaw! But am no 100% sure, though. :idontknow: Should ah shave it aw off? Or should ah no? The Graham thinning as it knew in ma family - since most o' the males on ma Scottish mother's side o' the family have thinning or receeding hair. How that's for a genetic kick in bollocks? :bigsmile:

Why are both of The Band Perry's major hits about the main singer dying? They're a cute band and I like their new song, but... weird.

I really want to hit the water this summer. I REALLY need to be on a boat again, or at least some sort of water... craft. If I can't do an actual boat trip, kayaking sounds pretty appealing. Kayaking and... hiking!

That's it, I'm going. Even if I go alone and get lost in the woods forever.

...okay, not really. But maybe I can convince someone to go with me.

hidwell

I really want to hit the water this summer. I REALLY need to be on a boat again, or at least some sort of water... craft. If I can't do an actual boat trip, kayaking sounds pretty appealing. Kayaking and... hiking!

That's it, I'm going. Even if I go alone and get lost in the woods forever.

...okay, not really. But maybe I can convince someone to go with me.

I'm sure you won't have to much trouble getting someone to accompany you on Opalines great hiking and kayaking adventure holiday. :thumbup::thumbup:

Lamb

I have an essay due tomorrow, which I'm precisely 0 words through.

Earlier this evening, I was folding laundry and some unidentified evil flew into my eye. I frantically poured water in my eye, rubbed, blinked, nothing would budge it. After an hour of this, called my sister. A reasonably ill-conceived plan as she, like me, has a sort of eye phobia. She wasn't a fan of my wait-and-see-i'd-rather-go-blind-than-go-to-the-hospital approach and bullied me into submission.

I HATE the hospital, for so many reasons! It's so embarrassing, it triggers my SA, it triggers my OCD, I hate it. I know that nobody likes going to hospital, but really, it's like some fresh hell for me. Got there, spoke to the receptionist, literally, half-way through giving my details, whatever was stuck in my eye dislodged. So awkward. Instead of just telling them, I sat there for five or ten minutes with my sister just to be sure, then had the embarrassment of telling them it was gone after all.

During the journey home, my sister agreed it was a thoroughly wasted journey and in future we will give all injuries at least an extra thirty minutes of wait-it-out before considering medical treatment.

That's terrible. :giggle: I like how you referred to it as unidentified evil.

Experiencing an ear throb that came out of the blue. Waiting for it to subside so I can listen to my precious music. Hope I'm not going deaf. Also waiting for the majority of my family to go to sleep so I can stay up in peace and maybe get some work done. Part of a therapy assignment is to make an apple out of clay and then write a poem about it. Would anyone care to write it for me? :reading: