Phrases or words that irritate you

MikeyC

omg plz! idk y ur irritated, cz i cant type real wordz?

(ugh, textspeak *shudder*)
Ha, I have a few folk on my Facebook that do this. It's a bit of an eyesore. I guess it is for me because I like to take pride in my spelling, but I understand that there are some people out there that are not as worried about it. It doesn't make it more attractive to look at, though. :giggle:

FriendlyShadow

- U Mad Bro?
- Fo Sho
-Hang loose
-If you can't beat 'em, join em.
-Totally
-Dude
-Yo/yo dawg
-What up?
- My compliments to the chef
-You had me at hello.
- It's the quiet people you have to watch out for.

In my opinion, these phrases(I should say nearly all phrases people rely on use) are becoming overused and don't mean anything now(to me that is). Some of the phrases and quotes are false and that's why I will never say them.

Lorraine Manca

tryagains post was awesome :p

heres my list:

"No offense, but..."and then they say how lovely you look

it is what it is

clearly.....(especially in math textbooks)

in reality.....(as opposed to what?)

Duzmiu

"you having a bubble?"
no funny enough as a human being i don't have a bubble but i do have a fist, would you like to see it?

"you shouldn't keep secrets from your friends/family"
oh im sorry i didn't realize i wasn't allowed some privacy towards my own ****ing life

being told having the odd cigarette is bad when your so stressed out you feel like your going to hurt the next person who even talks to you
when the said person has been smoking for more years then you've lived.

Oizys

being told having the odd cigarette is bad when your so stressed out you feel like your going to hurt the next person who even talks to you
when the said person has been smoking for more years then you've lived.

I've been off smokes for a little under two months now, but I can say I hate when people comment on my smoking, and I don't mean ''would you mind smoking outside?'' (I've always asked where it's ok for me to smoke, always), I mean ''you know that'll kill you'' and other crap. I'm well aware of what it'll do to me, and it's funny how nobody ever says ''you're aware drinking can kill you?''. Stupid society.

Onimaru

i get really irritated when people say "drawl/drawling" instead of draw/drawing....there is no L there... :I

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
you can think only guys and girls should be married without being afraid of gay folks.

This is quite true. The word 'homophobe' gets thrown around too liberally. One (necessarily) need neither fear nor hate gay people to decide they shouldn't get married. Maybe that's just how one was raised.

The problem comes in when group A makes laws saying that group B shouldn't have the same rights as they do. For example, slavery was considered morally acceptable for thousands of years up until relatively recently. Most people neither hated nor feared their slaves. They usually weren't allowed to marry either.

Back on topic: "Just be yourself!"

destructoroflife

"There's no denying"

"You'll be fine"

"It'll pass"

"Don't be so negative"

"Smile"

"You don't talk much"

"That's not how life works"

"You're not supossed to do that"

Etc.

NamiraWilhelm

'Kids grow up too fast these days.'

Really? You mean like back when they were working in factories from age 7? Or is this phrase only used by the fortunate upper classes??

MikeyC

'Kids grow up too fast these days.'

Really? You mean like back when they were working in factories from age 7? Or is this phrase only used by the fortunate upper classes??
I think in this case it's referring to technology, and kids having iPads and smart phones and such, using the Internet a lot, etc..

xDreamseller

"face" to mean kiss. Pretty sure that's just a local thing though, as in "Did you face her yet?"

"The fact of the matter is..."
"Seen/Saw" As others have pointed out
"How do?" As in, "How are you doing?"

Pretty much any local slang where I live. Slang in general actually.

GhastlyCC

"It's Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve"
And the people who say it all say it like they just uttered the most brilliant & profound thing ever said.

Also,
I hate the word bitch/bitches.
I curse like a ****ing sailor,
But those are words that I've always avoided.
What really makes my skin crawl and blood boil is not when they're used in anger as an insult...
But when they're just used casually as a term for women in general.

It makes me want to cave skulls in.

Last edited: