Photography

Rembrandt Broam

ありがとう;394309 said:
^ I really like that! Maybe I should do a painting of one.

Btw you don't really need the best cameras to take pictures sometimes.

You really don't need the 'best' cameras at all. It's really all down to the photographer.

Pookah

Not real photography but still I liked the way it looked.

xmasmantletopiary.jpg

Xylia

Wow, did you edit the color of the cat's eyes or does it really have such green eyes?

I recently started taking pictures with my cell phone when I visit places, but I still have to learn everything about photography. The pictures in this thread are really impressive.

No... he actually has light green around his pupils and yellow around the edges. The original photo came out faded and blurry, so I decided to do some work on it :]

That's some nice post-processing work there. Looks like a sort of gradient effect to fade the colour to black and white running diagonally top right to bottom left. And those eyes really pop! :)

Mr.Moon

ありがとう;394309 said:
^ I really like that! Maybe I should do a painting of one.

Btw you don't really need the best cameras to take pictures sometimes.

Thank you~!
I just so love the brilliant shine of the Moon at night, and that night was cloudless so I spent like 30 minutes outside cold trying to get a blurless picture.

I'd love to see your painting if you did one like that to!

JamesSmith

I'd have a bad problem with this profession cuz of my SAD. Wouldn't you have to ask people if you can take their picture? I don't think I could do that over and over again. It seems like there would be other social interactions that would be necessary too.

Alistair

Here is a few picture that I took today, and froze my fanny off. It was actually snowing here in Cruces. 55 to 30 in under an hour. Crazy weather.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
I am going to keep that image in the quote. Because it caused me to shake my head. Which light to follow?
It is a bit wobbly, but I think I like the effect. In my defense, that was mid-burst a couple hundred feet in the air on heavy zoom with no tripod. Plus I'd already had a lot to drink.

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
This was in front of someone's house on my way into town to get a haircut today. I'm hoping it's defused, but I didn't stop to ask. In fact, I didn't get out of my car.

godbless.jpg

On the way back was a roadside stand selling flags, among which was a black gun silhouette (I think it was an AK-47) on a white background that said "Come and" something. My guess is 'try to take it' or 'get it'.

:D

nzm33443

I try to be an amateur photographer at times. My friend who knows something about photography said these ones were quite good

112eu0m.jpg

2vjby4i.jpg

fatq8p.jpg

Last edited:

GoBlue72

I know nothing about photography, and have an older digital camera I hardly know how to operate. Anyways, I thought these came out alright.

Attachments

• xraytoyota.jpg
    xraytoyota.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 0
  • cloudytetonsday.jpg
    cloudytetonsday.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 0
  • eleventh.jpg
    eleventh.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 0
  • dasauto.jpg
    dasauto.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 0

Generical

Orion Nebula. Finally got round to getting a pic of this and although it was rushfest at this size i'm pretty happy chappy.

5459183089_edfa9663cc_z.jpg

crunch-yogurt

Heres a recent one I took. It looks kind of dull because of the lighting but I think the mist gives it a cool effect.
woodstown.jpg

Last edited: