How did you meet your last friend?

LazyHermitCrab

It feels awkward trying to start a friendship with someone because i never asked someone to hangout first and it feels like i'm asking someone on a date. As the title says, how did you meet your last friend? How did it turn into a friendship? If it failed for whatever reason you don't have to share that part :p

Last edited:

ikbenrifi

I hate being the first one to post on a thread, but there i go XD

Actually it's not one friend but two friends, we shared a house together for the uni studies, that way i was kind of having to socialize, it was really awkward at the beginning of the last year but at the end of it, i won two friend which i'm still in touch with ;)

2 of my friends are ex-boyfriends and 1 is not..but I met him through an ex, and he got in contact with me..I guess cause he liked me but I wasn't interested in him in that way, luckily we got a friendship out of it. Other friends of mine are through my husband..so his friends became my friends too.

dragonoth

University, coursemates etc. I just spent more time with them and got to know them. Sometimes I said no to social outings that somebody proposed, which I have sort of regretted, but other times I actually went and it really helped me bond with others since I'm a shy person. I find it a lot of fun to get to know others. In return they get to know me too even though I don't always explicitly talk about myself.

Meggy0001

My last friend was my first and will probably be my last :/ I met her when I was about 9ish I think and I had moved to a new school and I was way too shy to make any friends so I was pretty mush a loner and then about 3 months later a girl moved to that same school and was in my classes and she was pretty loud and confident and one day we had to work together at something can't remember what and we just had a lot of common :) how I managed to actually speak to her beats me because I have no idea. If that happened now and I had a lot in common with someone I would not speak other than nod or shake my head :/ I got worse over the years :(

da_illest101

At school, people always seems to come to me for some reasons. I never went to anyone to become friends in my life

ikbenrifi

At school, people always seems to come to me for some reasons. I never went to anyone to become friends in my life
Me too, i think it's because i'm queit they get curious about me thinking i'm special or something but the fact is i'm empty inside lol

Boby

At uni.,we have a rather similar bad school situation :D,that was the thing we had in common.

WeirdyMcGee

I don't make 'friends' in the sense of... friend...
more like casual acquaintances.
I am casual acquaintances with most people I meet.

When was the last time I made a casual acquaintance?
Well... 2 of my co-workers, I suppose.
That was when I was last working-- which was... uhhh... 4 years ago?
So, 4 years ago through work. We talked about movies-- and with my one co-worker (who has the same name as me) we talked about erotic figurines because she collects them/ and her boyfriend problems.
Exchanged phone numbers because I said I didn't know anyone in town and they said we could 'hang out' off work some day.
Never did, of course. But the offer was on the table, anyway.

So, there... a nice casual acquaintance.
That's about the extent of my human relations.

Lea

Banned
My cousin met her husband when she was on a field looking for gemstones. He was also looking for gemstones. :D

I met her through my own group, on a social networking site. She's been following my group since I was 16 years old. And she accepts me the way I am. We met up one month ago, and I travelled 6 hours to see her.. yep you read it correctly. I was nervous, but it went really good.... She was a very nice person and now she's a great friend to me. We're going to meet up again soon. :)

alwaysrunning

it was kind of a therapy group setting for people of the same ethnic background, i feel like i really know most of the people there now and theyve become real god friends of mine...been going for about a year now :)

lonely_drummer

hmmmmm, thats tough. i make a lot of acquaintances because I go to a lot of local shows but usually always alone, a lot of people recognize me just from a band I played in a couple years ago but I don't hang out with them or anything. My only friends are my roommates plus 2 other friends. So my last friend was last spring i guess. She's a great friend, one of my closest. But yeah I don't make friends easily, I'm pretty stand offish but when I make a friend, they usually become really good close friends

Hellhound

Super Moderator
On the internet. Started talking through PM at first and I added him to IM after a while, when I saw he was a trustworthy person and we "clicked".

Phoenixx

I don't remember the last friend I met that actually stuck around (we either parted ways naturally [I suspect they got bored with me] or I ended up avoiding them because I'm a pro at making toxic "friends"). So I'll just go with the last friend I saw:

I met her through another friend. Well, I already knew of her, since she was in the same grade as I and was in a few classes with me in middle school. Since my other friend was super outgoing and loved talking to people, she loved introducing other people to each other. So she kinda solidified the friendship and it's been that way for about 6-7 years now. We've been our own little trio for a while now. It's close-knit and I like it that way. :)