How did you meet your last friend?

FMA102

My ex-girlfriend was also my first "real" friend. I met her through a message board for a TV show.

My only other "real" friend I've known since I was a little and met through my older brother, and he is the younger brother of my brother's friend.

Other than that, I just have acquaintances/work buddies.

Last edited:

Hellhound

Super Moderator
He once came to me asking to be friends. My intuition told me he was a good guy, so I told my paranoia to gtfo and just started to talk to him. He turned out to be one of the nicest guys I've ever met and we are like siblings now.

Starry

My last and only real friend (other than my husband) that I made, I met on a music forum... We had very little in common other than social phobia and the particular music the forum was dedicated to (all other music, we differed on greatly). Yet we became very close friends. We remained friends for 7 years... (Only online, but it was still the most real friendship I'd ever had) Until she became too obsessed with feminism and became very antagonistic towards me, because I refuse to accept feminism as about equality when its very name is sexist. She tried to start arguments constantly... Even when I spoke against sexism she would find something to start an argument about, she became VERY nasty... So that friendship had to end for the sake of my own physical and mental health...

Since then, I haven't met any friends... I've spoken to a few people who I am friendly with, but it's not the same as a real friend... It takes a LOT for me to consider someone a real friend... Quite frankly, my hope for that is dying.

As for friends in real life, I haven't had any of those since I was 11.

DeepBlueSea

I met my most recent friend through my previous job. She and I started at the same time. She actually started talking to me. We eventually exchanged numbers. I think if she didn't start talking to me I wouldn't have the nerve to talk to her or try to be her friend.

I really want to make some friends at school. I find this sorta hard because I don't know what to say to strangers.... or sometimes my SA gets the best of me and I can't speak clearly.

jryden

I don't have friends. The "friends" I had in HS and college don't talk to me anymore. We met at school obv. They werent real friendships

My only friend is a girl, I knew her in university 8-9 years ago. We had the same courses and we sat close every time, at the beginning I was very shy and spoke only her, but after the first period I opened myself with her and we had speaking a lot, I have a very good memory. After my degree we haven't seen anymore but we talk sometime on the phone.

psych

Dating website... The dating didn't work out so great, but we've been friends for 4-5 years now.
& Am currently on working on another friendship, that I met through dating website guy.

laure15

I met my last friend 2-3 years ago in one of my computer science classes. We had a lot in common; he was into anime, video games, and sort of goth so liked to wear dark clothes a lot. We worked on many projects together. It was too bad that after I transfered out of the college, I lost touch with him. I tried to text and email him but didn't get any reply back. He also transferred out of the college and moved to another city. Well, I got to move on too.

kelskellian

Llast friend I made was at na,I met her yesterday and called last night,I'm tired of being lonely and having social phobia run my life,so I have to get out of my comfort zone

pnr

I met my latest friend @ my old job.

We were just acquaintances and when he saw I played casually played basketball he and I started 2 hang out...

The rest is history...

takeheart

I don't even remember how I met my last friend coz that was long time ago. I have no friends at all now. I'm a loner, in fact I have been one for the last 5 years

neardeath

I have no one at all who makes me feel like I love to spend time with them and just hang out. Everyone has become an acquaintance. Everyone. I have one online friend I feel best talking to on the phone now so that is a start in the other direction. This just isn't normal, whatever that means.

1BlackSheep

I have no one at all who makes me feel like I love to spend time with them and just hang out. Everyone has become an acquaintance. Everyone.
I know how you feel! I don't really have a "best friend" anymore - just people I go out with on occasion. Making close friendships has definitely gotten more difficult as I've gotten older. I miss having someone to talk to and hang out with on a regular basis.