How desirable do you think you are to the opposite sex?

NathanielWingatePeaslee

Iä! Iä! Cthulhu fhtagn!
Staff member
Difficult question. I'm fully aware that my self-esteem and self-image are unreliable because I know I have the brain problems.

I couldn't be at the top end because girls don't approach me at random or turn their heads every time I walk by. I couldn't be at the bottom end because nobody has ever told me or implied that I'm hideous looking.

Past that it seems pretty random, or perhaps varies widely depending on the circumstances. All my life I've tried to understand girls and they still baffle me.

Maybe that means I'm average, a 5? I really don't know.

I do know that the girls in this thread, probably the guys too, are clearly unaware of their own looks.

Rxqueen

On a good day I'm a 5-6; today I'm a 1.5......I really think beauty is a fallacy made up for those with self esteem.

Kustamogen

Banned
if I clean myself up and do my hair for once instead of just ball capping it.....maybe 6.5 or 7.....right now all scruffy and in track pants and eating Junior Mints...like a 4!

philly2bits

It's really hard to say. I think it's really hard to be objective when judging oneself, even with a scale as subjective such as this one. To many things can skew what I really think about myself, such as low self esteem. Even my mood at any given time can change my perceptions form high to low. If I am having a good day I may judge myself higher then on a bad day.

But overall I'd have to give myself a nice middle of the road 5.

Well this is probably one of my last posts on this forum. Not because i'm cured or anything, but its just different to me and I cant really get along with alot of people here anymore. So before I go, krista is beautiful as hell, the Wall's eyes are damn amazing and if I was your type, I would def holla at you. Oui, You are sexy as hell, thats why I added you. Humansrare has some really nice lips, and looks good as well. Chained is beautiful too. Paula, you know ur my shorty, so stay sweet. Not hurting anyone's feelings or anything like that, but by far, and Barry knows this, that anomicdeer takes the cake in this whole forum. Damn I sound like a creep

Anyways I would rate myself now about a 5, but when I get back down to when I was smaller, I would probably give myself about a 8 to 9. :)

iamthenra

On looks alone maybe a 3 or 4.

NO WAY!!!! Hon, I have seen your photo.... You are more like a 1,000,000,000~!!!

Me on the other hand.... based on my age (41) and my track record of being single my entire life and the amount of attention I have had since birth (pretty much none...) I would give myself a negative ~ (~ = infinity )....

Baguette

well i think im ok if it was down to looks but how desirable i am i would rate 2.5. if someone desired me i say there are a fool

Also, the lack of male attention pretty much lets me know.

If I were to base it on this, I would rate myself a zero. Male attention has mostly been non-existent my entire life. But I think it's probably more because my shyness makes me unapproachable rather than my actually being ugly. I would say a 5- average.

Because of bullying. I have small eyes and one time a group of boys older than me at school walked upto me and asked if i could actually see through my eyes because they're so small. I know some of you may disagree because they look a normal size in the picture, but it's decieving. And going from the post a picture of your eye thread, the majority find bigger eyes more attractive. Not just my eyes though i have terrible skin because of severe acne a few years back, which i was also bullied over and also have a rare skin condition on my cheeks called atrophoderma vermiculata (although it's not as bad as other suffers of this condition). It's horrible how much bullying can effect your whole life, it's like a scar to the brain, them moments of bullying will never fade, therefore there comments will forever be with me and i'll never feel attractive.

If that is you in the picture by your name I have to say you are really attractive and your eyes are actually incredibly sexy!
I know what you mean though, I was bullied and put down about my looks for most of my teenage years. I never realised until this weekend just what those put downs did for my beliefs on how I look. I have always been so self conscious of my looks ever since all that bullying but I thought 'Its not me who thinks negatively of how I look, it was other people - and I am self conscious of that'. But actually those put downs have left me believing I am very ugly, inferior and inadequate. Beliefs like 'No woman could ever be interested in me or find me desirable', 'I am inferior and inadequate to any nice woman', 'I am unworthy and not good enough because of how I look' - I realise I do feel so negatively about myself.
I definitely need to build confidence and positive beliefs on how I look. I seem to be tangled up with all the past negative judgements - the put downs, name calling, ridicule, etc and just tangled up with all these negative comments on my looks and letting it destroy my confidence and making me feel so self conscious, inadequate, inferior, etc. It is no wonder when I think like that that I have SA.

1dober

most women think i'm attractive but i feel like its the adorable cute boyish kind and it drives me crazy but like a scale one to 10 i guess a six

nopark

On looks alone maybe a 3 or 4.
I've never seen your photo but we talk on MSN all the time. You are kind and compassionate and funny and smart, I don't see how that adds up to just a 3. Based on just you, you're are a 10!

The same goes for a number of people I've seen in this thread that I've had the pleasure to talk to -- most I haven't seen a picture of. I am really grateful to meet such a group of people. I'd pick you guys and girls over a shallow hottie anyday ;) Besides that, you're all quite attractive anyway. But it's whats inside the candy shell that matters most :D (andddd end cliche peptalk -- even though it was truly heartfelt)

Last edited:

Pink_Paula

Well this is probably one of my last posts on this forum. Not because i'm cured or anything, but its just different to me and I cant really get along with alot of people here anymore. So before I go, krista is beautiful as hell, the Wall's eyes are damn amazing and if I was your type, I would def holla at you. Oui, You are sexy as hell, thats why I added you. Humansrare has some really nice lips, and looks good as well. Chained is beautiful too. Paula, you know ur my shorty, so stay sweet. Not hurting anyone's feelings or anything like that, but by far, and Barry knows this, that anomicdeer takes the cake in this whole forum. Damn I sound like a creep

Anyways I would rate myself now about a 5, but when I get back down to when I was smaller, I would probably give myself about a 8 to 9. :)

Nooooo don't go Gio :( i'm going to miss you. Hopefully if you take a break from the site fro a while you might feel better coming back *hugs*

And you are all amazing people, i find it so sad that so many of you have such a low self opinion. I've seen some pics on here and no on is below a 7-8 in my opinion.

Last edited:
Are you crazy? (i mean that in a nice way!) :)

You're cute looking, great fun, really down to earth, empathic, and seem to have a heart of gold.

Personally I wouldn't be rating you out of ten, I don't think there's a number high enough!!!

lol
your the best;)

JamieD

I think about 5-7. Oh wait. Does this mean personality? In that case 0.

Last edited: