How are you feeling?

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I remember back then (I've been absent for more than a year) you posted some samples and they sounded great!
Awww... thanks. 😁 (y)
Is there any way we could hear your newest projects? 😊
Not at the moment, but here's the last guitar idea I came up with at the start of 2021.
https://soundcloud.com/song-connery%2Fyet-another-guitar-riff-idea
New projects are in the works, though. I've secured a rock song collaboration with a singer. That recent guitar idea actually got me it. She's got some lyrics, a vocal melody and a vague idea of the music direction for it. I just need ask her to record the vocal melody and send it to me, as I'd be better writing my guitar riffs and the rest of the music to it. Yeah, I'm doing all the music. We've been exchanging ideas via WhatsApp until I got my Instagram up and running. Haven't had the time, until recently, due tidying around the house.

Anyway, I've been getting voice memo after voice memo, just her running off these ideas faster than I can take them in. πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

And, on top of that original song, the same singer also emailed me a week ago now, asking me to help "fix" a song she'd wrote with another producer, but it didn't turn out how she wanted. Which I didn't expect, but agreed to. Pretty quoting this Scottish comedy sketch verbatim:

Anyway, turns oot, the guy who worked on the song made a right complete arse of it, and wrote a song that sounded nothing like it should've done, given the songs he was told to use as a reference. Adding guitars despite not being told or asked to. Ya stupid basa! A boring bassline, some jazz piano chords and drums that are all over the shop. Basically, imagine what Portishead's song, Glorybox, would sound like if that band were exceptionally shite.

He's also fucked up the vocal mix on another song he was producing and mixing for this singer I'm going to be collaborating with. Ah know, 'cause she telt me. So, I'm also hoping that means I get to do the mixing on the song rewrite and this original song we'll be writing. 'Cause ah know the references she's going on about - thanks to my mother and oldest sister's awesome taste in music. Which is why I think I got the rewrite gig. 'Cause, obviously, I have a better ear for melody. πŸ˜‚πŸ€£

F0AM

Not at the moment, but here's the last guitar idea I came up with at the start of 2021.
https://soundcloud.com/song-connery%2Fyet-another-guitar-riff-idea
Sounds pretty good ;)πŸ‘Œ

I've checked the Soundcloud profile and 2 things:

-1 I love the nickname lol

-2 You're indeed talented Graeme! I'm in love with tracks "Solar activity" (could very well fit in a fantasy even sci-fi game/film), "Bright Sky" (not entirely sure if it's Synthwave but has a certain feel to it which i like A LOT) and "A day forever altered" (i find the second half particularly appealing since it has this "mistery aura").

I really hope everything turns out well to you and succeed with your music projects! :D feel free to post more music whenever you feel like it, tho i'll certanly check the soundcloud page from time to time.

Graeme1988

Sounds pretty good ;)πŸ‘Œ
Thanks. 😁 I'm still a bit in denial about those comments referencing Van Halen, though. I don't think I'm that good... 😏

Never even notice the obvious similarities until that initial "Van Halen vibes" comment was left on that guitar riff idea.
I've checked the Soundcloud profile and 2 things:

-1 I love the nickname lol
You can thank FountainandFairfax for that one. He suggested it. And, given my love of puns and Sean Connery films, I went: "Aye, that'll do me!" 🀣 πŸ˜‚
-2 You're indeed talented Graeme! I'm in love with tracks "Solar activity" (could very well fit in a fantasy even sci-fi game/film)
It's that good, huh? πŸ™‚

Not that I disagree, or am asking that question to do so. It's just a good percentage of the time, I'm just winging it and making these instrumentals up as I go, improvising. Rarely listening to much music beforehand. Or, if I do listen to any music, it's usually the complete opposite of whatever style of song I'm trying to write. But that's more me not wanting to blantantly rip-off musicians and bands that I'm influenced by.
"Bright Sky" (not entirely sure if it's Synthwave but has a certain feel to it which i like A LOT) and "A day forever altered" (i find the second half particularly appealing since it has this "mistery aura").
Yeah, synthwave was definitely what I was aiming for with Bright Sky.

A Day Forever Altered was initially a joint track with Unspeakable Joy, where the one track went into the other to form a long piece of music. But I felt they were different tracks in terms of the sound and vibe that they were better as individual tracks.
I really hope everything turns out well to you and succeed with your music projects! :D
Thanks. I'm also hoping these projects are a success, even if I'm a wee bit nervous. Mainly because I've been so used to working by myself these past few years, it feels a bit surreal to have another musician to exchange ideas with. Or giving me song references to listen to for inspiration, which is what that singers been doing. It's nice, though. Different...
feel free to post more music whenever you feel like it, tho i'll certanly check the soundcloud page from time to time.
I will be... hopefully soon once I get a mixer and a bigger desk for my recording setup.

Phoenixx

Starting to feel burned out. The weather hasn't helped either, with it being so hot. It just adds to my exhaustion.

Yesterday at work was a bit crazy. It was my first full shift doing a new task within my job position after getting certified. I was running back and forth doing test after test and entering so much data into both computers. Their system doesn't help either, being so outdated. The software we have to use looks like it was developed in Windows 95 and runs like it too. πŸ™„ I almost didn't leave on time last night with everything that had to be done. Thankfully I'm back to doing my usual lab work for the rest of the week.

My sleep has at least been getting better. I've been using my weighted blanket for almost a week now, plus running a fan at night, and I'm surprised how much it's been helping! πŸ‘ I'm sleeping through the whole night now and not waking up a couple times in between with anxiety. I wish I invested in one of those sooner.

fate12321

I used to use this site a lot back when I was in high school and early college. I remembered about it and decided to see what's going on. Nothing in my life has changed other than my age and that I graduated. I still feel like the same old person though. I kinda remember seeing some of yall based on your username in other threads even though we never interacted. I remember speaking to a couple of people on here on frequently on the chat but I don't think they use this site anymore.

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
I used to use this site a lot back when I was in high school and early college. I remembered about it and decided to see what's going on. Nothing in my life has changed other than my age and that I graduated. I still feel like the same old person though. I kinda remember seeing some of yall based on your username in other threads even though we never interacted. I remember speaking to a couple of people on here on frequently on the chat but I don't think they use this site anymore.
Welcome back (y)

Phoenixx

Welcome back! Yep, some of us are still here. I left a while ago and came back a few years ago and been back since. It's always been a sense of "home" for me. ☺️

worrywort

I feel very worried. I'm worried about what's happening in the world and I'm also worried about my own situation. I feel very isolated. I had maybe 3 or 4 email friends I occasionally wrote to, but I seem to have lost all of them over the past year. Most I think were because I had a different view to them on things like black lives matter. The other had a big life change and I think she's just moved on in her life and doesn't really need me anymore, which I feel really sad about because I don't think I've ever liked anyone more than I liked her.

I've become much more distant from my family too. Most of them subscribe to the mainstream view of what's happening in regards to the virus, whereas I take a more skeptical approach. Just my brother and sister have the same view as me, but my sister has a lot of other problems and has kind of ostracized herself from the family, so I don't speak to her much anymore. Thankfully I live with my brother, so he's really been the only person I can talk to and we have the same views on everything. There's a guy at work I occasionally talk to too, and I have a friend who I see occasionally and he's semi understanding, so that's something. But they've all gotten the vaccine. It's only my bro and I who refuse to get it.

It's a controversial issue, that people have strong views about, but personally I'm mystified as to why the majority of healthy people want to get the vaccine. Seems an unnecessary risk to me. I feel like really awful things are happening in the world right now. Really sinister changes, with powerful people pulling strings, controlling the media, brainwashing people. I think people are being lied to, there's lots of corruption.

I think people are scared of ostracization, so are conforming. I'm scared too but I've never been the type to conform and I'm worried I'm going to be shut out of society for refusing to comply.

I came off facebook and whatsapp, because I don't agree with all the censorship and I don't approve of their practices. But it's only adding to the feeling of isolation.

Normally I can find peace in art. I don't need much to be content. But right now it's hard to focus because I feel there are so many threats in the world; the threat of losing my job if I don't get the vaccine, the threat of hyper-inflation, the threat of a third wave, the threat of a global cyber attack.

It's really scary being a part of a hated minority and feeling like nobody likes me or will ever like me. But I have to stand up for what I believe to be true.

I hope things get better soon and the world calms down, but I fear we're heading into tyrannical territory and a two-tier society is forming between those who are willing to sacrifice their freedom and embrace a more totalitarian, transhumanist future, and those who want to remain pure human and free.

PugofCrydee

I feel very worried. I'm worried about what's happening in the world and I'm also worried about my own situation. I feel very isolated. I had maybe 3 or 4 email friends I occasionally wrote to, but I seem to have lost all of them over the past year. Most I think were because I had a different view to them on things like black lives matter. The other had a big life change and I think she's just moved on in her life and doesn't really need me anymore, which I feel really sad about because I don't think I've ever liked anyone more than I liked her.

I've become much more distant from my family too. Most of them subscribe to the mainstream view of what's happening in regards to the virus, whereas I take a more skeptical approach. Just my brother and sister have the same view as me, but my sister has a lot of other problems and has kind of ostracized herself from the family, so I don't speak to her much anymore. Thankfully I live with my brother, so he's really been the only person I can talk to and we have the same views on everything. There's a guy at work I occasionally talk to too, and I have a friend who I see occasionally and he's semi understanding, so that's something. But they've all gotten the vaccine. It's only my bro and I who refuse to get it.

It's a controversial issue, that people have strong views about, but personally I'm mystified as to why the majority of healthy people want to get the vaccine. Seems an unnecessary risk to me. I feel like really awful things are happening in the world right now. Really sinister changes, with powerful people pulling strings, controlling the media, brainwashing people. I think people are being lied to, there's lots of corruption.

I think people are scared of ostracization, so are conforming. I'm scared too but I've never been the type to conform and I'm worried I'm going to be shut out of society for refusing to comply.

I came off facebook and whatsapp, because I don't agree with all the censorship and I don't approve of their practices. But it's only adding to the feeling of isolation.

Normally I can find peace in art. I don't need much to be content. But right now it's hard to focus because I feel there are so many threats in the world; the threat of losing my job if I don't get the vaccine, the threat of hyper-inflation, the threat of a third wave, the threat of a global cyber attack.

It's really scary being a part of a hated minority and feeling like nobody likes me or will ever like me. But I have to stand up for what I believe to be true.

I hope things get better soon and the world calms down, but I fear we're heading into tyrannical territory and a two-tier society is forming between those who are willing to sacrifice their freedom and embrace a more totalitarian, transhumanist future, and those who want to remain pure human and free.
I agree with you that the world seems to be getting crazier. Everyone's so offended and trying to force their way of life onto others. Why can't people just relax and let others live the way they want to live?
Personally, I think the vaccine is a good thing. I don't want to take the chance of getting covid without some form of ability to fight it off. Especially with the latest variant where it can mess with the supply of oxygen to your fingers and toes and cause gangrene. I don't really care if people don't want the vaccine, thats their choice. But I do care if those same people turn up at hospitals demanding treatment and help breathing if and when they get covid. Just like a smoker does when they get emphysema or lung cancer. Sure, get treatment, but wait your turn.

Everyone has the right to make their own choices. I guess maybe people get p!ssed off with anti vaxxers because they take as gospel gossip, untrue information, conspiracy theories and spread it around. Funny thing is, they don't take notice of the information from the experts, the health authorities. Just the other day, people where lining up to get their vaccines and there where anti vaxxers protesting and telling those people lined up not to get the shot. Don't have it if you don't want, but leave others to make their own mind up.

The biggest thing that annoys me about anti vaxxers is, they are only thinking of themselves. Never mind those at risk from covid (the elderly, disabled, weakened immune systems).. if you spread it to them who cares hey.. so long as YOU'RE ok. Selfish.

Last edited:

SoScared

I know my world is the street homeless addict but why is it that everybody who I talk to wants to signpost me, refer me, save me or at least take mental notes for future actions. You go in and there's ten of them eager to decend on you. Nobody just talks with me. They talk knowingly amongst themselves but not to me. That's why I swerve them...and they have their vices too you know. It's funny, soon we will all be referring each other...

vj288

not actually Fiona Apple
Stressed..depressed...er, strepressed? Depstressed? I am those things. I had an ordeal with a friend yesterday, he's an alcoholic and has been struggling with it more lately. He became a father six months ago, and bought a house around a year ago and the stress has been unraveling him notably. Yesterday though he was put into protective custody at a police station, and his girlfriend and parents wanted him to stay. I, perhaps somewhat misguidedly, decided to sign him out. In my head I'd bring him to my house, have a heart to hear, help him see things better. I forgot how irrational drunk people were though, and ended up staying in the police station parking lot for 3 hours or so. He wanted to go home, where I wouldn't take him. Wanted to go to the liquor store, no. Cycles of this over and over until eventually he consented to a bed at a rehab his girlfriend found.

Just spending hours at the police station alone was stressful, and with a loud, sometimes yelly, and wholly drunk person just maxed out the stress for me. Had to talk to the cop 3 or 4 times and explain what was going on. Had to talk to his girlfriend on the phone a few times who was very unhappy with me. I think I stress yelled a bit on the phone too. And I'm likely going to mow their lawn in a day or too which may lead to another conflicted conversation.

I've doubted my decision to go and collect him since I went. In hindsight, he was only in protective custody meaning he was likely to be released 4-5 hours later (around 10-11 pm) and then go back to the house, where the cop told me it was likely that would lead to him being criminally charged with something. The actual outcome was better than that, but that was not my rationale when I made the decision. And I know I don't see things the exact same way as the girlfriend and parents which is also adding stress. If he hits rock bottom, I want him to feel like I'm still there, that it's not him against the world. No, I obviously do not want to be an enabler, but I don't want him to feel like certain mistakes means everyone and everything is lost to him. He's been my friend since grade school, and I know he has stubborn rebellion in him that could resurface when everyone pushes him against the wall trying to force him one way or another. He is the type of person who will say "screw you, I'll just bottom out on my own terms". I don't want that to happen, which is why being a reasonable person in his corner could make a difference.

PugofCrydee

Stressed..depressed...er, strepressed? Depstressed? I am those things. I had an ordeal with a friend yesterday, he's an alcoholic and has been struggling with it more lately. He became a father six months ago, and bought a house around a year ago and the stress has been unraveling him notably. Yesterday though he was put into protective custody at a police station, and his girlfriend and parents wanted him to stay. I, perhaps somewhat misguidedly, decided to sign him out. In my head I'd bring him to my house, have a heart to hear, help him see things better. I forgot how irrational drunk people were though, and ended up staying in the police station parking lot for 3 hours or so. He wanted to go home, where I wouldn't take him. Wanted to go to the liquor store, no. Cycles of this over and over until eventually he consented to a bed at a rehab his girlfriend found.

Just spending hours at the police station alone was stressful, and with a loud, sometimes yelly, and wholly drunk person just maxed out the stress for me. Had to talk to the cop 3 or 4 times and explain what was going on. Had to talk to his girlfriend on the phone a few times who was very unhappy with me. I think I stress yelled a bit on the phone too. And I'm likely going to mow their lawn in a day or too which may lead to another conflicted conversation.

I've doubted my decision to go and collect him since I went. In hindsight, he was only in protective custody meaning he was likely to be released 4-5 hours later (around 10-11 pm) and then go back to the house, where the cop told me it was likely that would lead to him being criminally charged with something. The actual outcome was better than that, but that was not my rationale when I made the decision. And I know I don't see things the exact same way as the girlfriend and parents which is also adding stress. If he hits rock bottom, I want him to feel like I'm still there, that it's not him against the world. No, I obviously do not want to be an enabler, but I don't want him to feel like certain mistakes means everyone and everything is lost to him. He's been my friend since grade school, and I know he has stubborn rebellion in him that could resurface when everyone pushes him against the wall trying to force him one way or another. He is the type of person who will say "screw you, I'll just bottom out on my own terms". I don't want that to happen, which is why being a reasonable person in his corner could make a difference.
Sometimes tough love is the only option.

MollyBeGood

You sound like a great friend either way he’s lucky to have you!

Graeme1988

A wee bit unwell, but I'll just soldier on as best I can. Rest when I'm feeling lightheaded, and not forcing myself to do things when ah don't huv the energy.

Aside from that, I'm having some self doubt about my musical abilities. More so my ability to teach a complete novice an musical instrument that I don't consider myself that good at playing.

And I had a depressing realisation that little has changed in my life these past few years in terms of getting my life back to how it was before the summer of 2017. I'm mean in terms of the family routine and my relationship with my mother. I feel that we've slowly gone backwards. Basically I feel that I'm back to being neglected and ignored, like I was for good percentage of my early and formative years. But if I dare mention that, then I'm called "selfish" and told I'm in the wrong. Even though I make valid points, how I've felt these past few years doesn't seem to matter. It's frustrating to be told I'm right. And yet, everything I say β€” as far as dealing with the $h!%Β£ situation we find ourselves in as a family β€” gets dismissed. I'm fed-up listening to the same ol' story, the same complaints and nothing getting done. Mainly, because certain members of my family does'nae take constructive criticism well, and tend to resort to the whole childish "Yer picking on me..." mentality. However they have nae issue expressing their negative opinion of me to my face and making me feel like crap. Y'know, despite the fact I'm usually the first to stop everything I'm doing to do as they ask of me.

lily

A wee bit unwell, but I'll just soldier on as best I can. Rest when I'm feeling lightheaded, and not forcing myself to do things when ah don't huv the energy.

Aside from that, I'm having some self doubt about my musical abilities. More so my ability to teach a complete novice an musical instrument that I don't consider myself that good at playing.

And I had a depressing realisation that little has changed in my life these past few years in terms of getting my life back to how it was before the summer of 2017. I'm mean in terms of the family routine and my relationship with my mother. I feel that we've slowly gone backwards. Basically I feel that I'm back to being neglected and ignored, like I was for good percentage of my early and formative years. But if I dare mention that, then I'm called "selfish" and told I'm in the wrong. Even though I make valid points, how I've felt these past few years doesn't seem to matter. It's frustrating to be told I'm right. And yet, everything I say β€” as far as dealing with the $h!%Β£ situation we find ourselves in as a family β€” gets dismissed. I'm fed-up listening to the same ol' story, the same complaints and nothing getting done. Mainly, because certain members of my family does'nae take constructive criticism well, and tend to resort to the whole childish "Yer picking on me..." mentality. However they have nae issue expressing their negative opinion of me to my face and making me feel like crap. Y'know, despite the fact I'm usually the first to stop everything I'm doing to do as they ask of me.
I sent you a message in PM a while ago and you didn't get back to me yet. I wanted to talk to you

Last edited: