How are you feeling?

Phoenixx

Sad. Just found out a former boss and acquaintance suddenly passed away. I hadn't been in touch with her in over a year since I moved, but back when I lived in the area and would see her in the store, she never hesitated to say hi and stop to talk. We always hugged when we parted ways. Touch usually makes me uncomfortable but it was different with her as she was a mom figure to pretty much everyone. The last time I saw her was right before I moved a year and a half ago and she gave me a hug and wished me luck. My husband would still see her occasionally when he was traveling that way for work and would stop in. She would always say hi to him too and ask about me.

Part of the reason I formed such a bond with her was that she was just like my mom. Same age, same birthday, same husband issues and always going places and doing things on her own without a man by her side. The only difference was she never hesitated to reach out and show her care and love for other people and help them out. Not once did she ever complain about her life to others even though I know how she felt about her marriage, just like my mother.

I don't know what happened, or if she was sick, but I'm pretty shocked. I just hope her family's okay.

lily

I didn't get to go out for a walk today but I feel my life has been put to a stop due to not taking any courses right now and my medication issue's in a mess right now which I have to stick with until I get off another one so I feel what I'm doing is not significant enough for people to look up to except for maybe some people over here or more understanding people I hope. One of my not good friends said 'I don't think we can be friends anymore' and was talking about how I don't work or go to school and that's how she treated me, but also I told her that I didn't want to be friends because I didn't think she was a good friend but I'd give it another chance but she didn't give it a shot w/ me anymore for whatever reason and it was not shocking because she was constantly not a truly good friend.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Absolutely dreading helping my mother clear out the wardrobes in her bedroom. 😟 She said had a look in them today, this afternoon - but never admitted this when I shouted through from my room, asking her what she was doing - and nearly broke down in tears as she went back downstairs to the living room. 😔

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I feel pretty good, a small headache from too much sun as I mowed grass today and sat out-back with Gus for a couple hours afterwards. I feel best when I get physical activity and fresh air. I guess even Morlocks need to stick their heads out, every now and then.

Morlockdance%28web2%29.gif

SoScared

I'm minded to look at some old threads. There is a popup which allows you to choose which page number to go to in a particular thread.
How do I find this go to function.

theoutsider

Getting ready for a Zoom meeting that I VOLUNTEERED to be a part of a few days ago. It will start in about an hour and it looks like it's going to be interactive where I can't just sit and listen. I don't know why I do things like this to myself as I knew I was going to regret it when the time came. Feeling anxious, of course.

Getting ready for a Zoom meeting that I VOLUNTEERED to be a part of a few days ago. It will start in about an hour and it looks like it's going to be interactive where I can't just sit and listen. I don't know why I do things like this to myself as I knew I was going to regret it when the time came. Feeling anxious, of course.
I find I regret not doing things far more often than I regret doing them.

lily

I like positive thinkers, not negative thinkers, it helps me a lot, it can really help your mental state when you think positively and healthily and the statement is also true

Last edited:

Phoenixx

Grumpy as all hell. I've been training on third shift this week and it hasn't been fun. I wasn't told it was a complete shut down day early this morning, so for an hour and a half I literally sat around a lab with my coworkers without a single f-ing thing to do. I was literally getting paid to sit there. I'm sure there was something that could've been done in that meantime, but I was told that a lot of other work needed to be set aside for the next shift so they wouldn't be sitting around so much either. I also don't understand why have a full staff if this was to be expected....? It's to be expected again tonight, so I'm definitely bringing along a book and my phone. I know we're not supposed to have phones, but I'll be damned if I'm going to get in trouble for looking at my phone and/or reading while I'm sitting around doing nothing.

That being said, I haven't been sleeping well at all. Instead of coming home and crashing for 5+ hours, I'm falling asleep for only 2 - 3 hour intervals, getting up for an hour to eat and do something that needs to be done because my body is used to doing plenty of things during the day, and then back to sleep for a couple more hours. Rinse and repeat. It's like I'm running on constant extended naps. I literally cannot wait until this is over. I have tonight and tomorrow night and then hopefully I have more than a day to catch up on a good night's rest and get my schedule back in order.

On a side note, last week I treated myself to a used book haul online and ordered some graphic novels and books I've been eyeing for a while. I want to get back into reading again. I got the first half of my order, but unfortunately two different places screwed up royally with two books. I received two of the same book at one place, and another sent me the completely wrong book than what I ordered. So I had to fill out two separated return forms for both of these places. Ugh. 😑

That being said, I haven't been sleeping well at all. Instead of coming home and crashing for 5+ hours, I'm falling asleep for only 2 - 3 hour intervals, getting up for an hour to eat and do something that needs to be done because my body is used to doing plenty of things during the day, and then back to sleep for a couple more hours. Rinse and repeat. It's like I'm running on constant extended naps. I literally cannot wait until this is over. I have tonight and tomorrow night and then hopefully I have more than a day to catch up on a good night's rest and get my schedule back in order.
Aw man. A messy sleep schedule makes everything worse.

I've been crashing for a couple hours after work myself recently, and then I stay up too late to make up the lost time, and then I'm tired the next day and I crash after work again. But of course, for me it's entirely my own fault. :rolleyes:

Phoenixx

Aw man. A messy sleep schedule makes everything worse.

I've been crashing for a couple hours after work myself recently, and then I stay up too late to make up the lost time, and then I'm tired the next day and I crash after work again. But of course, for me it's entirely my own fault. :rolleyes:
Maybe setting an alarm so you're only sleeping for 20 mins after work might help? You'll get a little nap in but not so much it keeps you from sleeping at night.

Whenever I find myself unable to sleep at night at times, I'll start reading webcomics on my phone with the nighttime screen filter on, or play those dumb buzzfeed quizzes. That's usually relaxing enough to get me to fall back asleep too.

lily

this forum is boring but Fountainandfairfax gives me comfort and Graeme1988 gives me positivity too. None of my spiritual threads are posted in except for me, not even the positive spiritual thoughts one. oh well

PugofCrydee

You want to know how I got these scars?
this forum is boring but Fountainandfairfax gives me comfort and Graeme1988 gives me positivity too. None of my spiritual threads are posted in except for me, not even the positive spiritual thoughts one. oh well
Try not to take offense when people don't post about their spiritual beliefs in your threads Lilly. I would say most people treat it as a private and personal thing. I often post things and people don't reply lol.

Have you tried forums specifically for Christians? Here's a link that lists 15 Christian forums for you to check out! :)(y)

Last edited: