How are you feeling?

lily

Not recently. It was probably about a year ago. I made a few posts but mostly, I just lurked. Didn't like the interactions and felt lost in the crowd.
Did you see me there? I didn't see you LOL. They have a Christian section so I liked it and other threads which I'll start here then and more traffic. I certainly don't like it now

theoutsider

Did you see me there? I didn't see you LOL. They have a Christian section so I liked it and other threads which I'll start here then and more traffic. I certainly don't like it now
I don't recall seeing you and, to be honest, I can't even remember if I used the same username there as I use here. Probably, I didn't. I also didn't spend much time on it since I was so turned off by the vibe.

lily

I don't recall seeing you and, to be honest, I can't even remember if I used the same username there as I use here. Probably, I didn't. I also didn't spend much time on it since I was so turned off by the vibe.
Oh I see. I'll reply to your PM

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I guess, fatigued is probably the best word for how I'm feeling. My sleeping patterns been knocked to pot - as it usually is when the clocks change.

Other than that, I'm feeling pretty good. Got called a nerd - the other day by a fellow SoundCloud user after he didn't like the fact that I wasn't overly impressed by his singing abilities. Even though he reached out to me and asked for my opinion of his song? 🤨

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
What were you working on outside?

I've had a running list of home improvement stuff going through my head all weekend I'd like to work on very soon. 🤔 Change out the old inside front door because it's ugly and the knob doesn't work, realign the outside door so it actually seals shut correctly, change the hallway cupboard hardware to something more rustic, patch the crack on the front patio and repaint, the list just keeps going on and on. 😅
My mother had a door put in the kitchen last year that goes outside, but she's waiting until next year to build a deck. In the meantime, she wanted a set of cinderblock steps made that went about 4 feet down to the ground. So my brother and I made a set last year, but she's having more work done next month and she wanted a wider set that was more sturdy. So I went to Lowe's and loaded up about 40 cinderblocks by myself and took them back to her house, where I tore down the old set and assembled a new one. It's more aggravating than it sounds, if the ground isn't level at the base, the steps will wobble and you have to go back and stack and restack cinderdlocks and dig out dirt and replace dirt over and over until it's sturdy. It was a serious workout! My forearms and back were absolutely done! XD

That's quite a list you have growing, post some pics whenever you start to tackle it. I'm sure it will be charming when you're done.

Phoenixx

My mother had a door put in the kitchen last year that goes outside, but she's waiting until next year to build a deck. In the meantime, she wanted a set of cinderblock steps made that went about 4 feet down to the ground. So my brother and I made a set last year, but she's having more work done next month and she wanted a wider set that was more sturdy. So I went to Lowe's and loaded up about 40 cinderblocks by myself and took them back to her house, where I tore down the old set and assembled a new one. It's more aggravating than it sounds, if the ground isn't level at the base, the steps will wobble and you have to go back and stack and restack cinderdlocks and dig out dirt and replace dirt over and over until it's sturdy. It was a serious workout! My forearms and back were absolutely done! XD

That's quite a list you have growing, post some pics whenever you start to tackle it. I'm sure it will be charming when you're done.
Oh wow, you definitely got a workout loading those!

Yes, my to-do list for the house is continuously growing. That's what happens when you live in a nearly hundred year old house. Lots of updates needed, some structural, some cosmetic, lots to invest in, but I know it'll all come together and look great once that list is complete. My entire list will definitely take a few years for sure, but a lot of the little things I want to work on this summer.

Our biggest project that we'll be doing this summer though includes putting a whole new roof on the outside shop building that extends out into a carport. The building is about 50 years old, maybe older. It's definitely showing its age, and the previous owners simply just threw up plywood for a "new" ceiling without actually fixing the roof, so it leaks horribly on rainy days and the plywood is already rotting and molding. We definitely need a contractor involved and that's what we're waiting on now. For someone to reach back out to arrange a date to inspect and give us a quote on how much it'll cost.

Graeme1988

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother speaking up for myself. I got into an argument with my mother today over how, when she says she's going to do something for me, she ends up changing her mind on it. But, apparently, me pointing out how I feel unable to rely upon my own family is concerning enough to treat it with dismissive sarcasm. This from the same parent, who just this year, finally admitted she treated me like $h!* when I was growing up! Ah guess my problems aren't "real" problems, then? 😡

Graeme1988

A bit depressed that, due to the coronvirus lockdown restrictions, I spent my birthday stuck indoors for the 2nd year. Ah never really got to anywhere, except my sister taking me for a wee trip in car, driving along the back roads outta town. And it was a nice day for it, so... cannae complain.

33 year old today. Damn, I'm getting old. 😆

Though, I did one surprise. My sister had an afternoon tea delivered to the house for my mother and I share. 🙂

SilentAndShy

Nothing hypes my anxiety more with car maintenance or problems as I have no clue how to resolve them. I resort to Googling as at the age of 34, I'm embarrassed to ask for help for the fear of ridicule so I end up paying more or doing something wrong. I have enough anxiety whilst I drive to deal with these issues.

Phoenixx

A bit depressed that, due to the coronvirus lockdown restrictions, I spent my birthday stuck indoors for the 2nd year. Ah never really got to anywhere, except my sister taking me for a wee trip in car, driving along the back roads outta town. And it was a nice day for it, so... cannae complain.

33 year old today. Damn, I'm getting old. 😆

Though, I did one surprise. My sister had an afternoon tea delivered to the house for my mother and I share. 🙂
I'm glad you had a little something for your birthday despite the lockdown. I spent my birthday last year stuck inside too. Not that I minded. Had the house to myself the whole day, had a lazy day playing my switch and my mother came over and brought me ice cream. This year however I will be working lol.

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
Tired, still dragging from the work I did on Monday!

tenor.gif

Graeme1988

Back to feeling pretty low and miserable. 😔

Not so much hating myself, as hating my life - which makes a nice change from how I was 18 years ago - and the fact that I can't seem to do anything without my mother offering up her toxic, negative, discouraging perspective. Does'nae exactly help that, every frickin' time I call her out for doing that, she either laughs at me; or makes me feel guilty for making my own decisions by making it all about her. The latter of those seems to be a recurring theme in my life: constantly having to justify my decisions to my family after I've just got done explaining the reasons behind them.

Sadly for me, the only time I ever feel in control of my life is when I'm sat with a guitar across my lap, headphones on, recording a riff idea or working out how to play the guitar parts of a song I like.

I know, I shouldn't put such a negative spin on something like that, since makes me happy - and it's the time I feel confident and anxiety free. But, it's quite depressing in comparison with the other aspects of my life where I feel... I guess, powerless would be one way of describing it.

lily

I've experienced not being able to sleep since yesterday, I don't know if it's just the coffee. I hope it will not be an issue anymore. :(

Graeme1988

Aside from my sleep pattern being off - I keep waking up at 5 am or half past 7 in the morning - and not being able to get back to sleep again, I'm feeling a lot better than I was last week.

Just trying to refocus and keep myself positively motivated to keep from dwelling on the negative.