How are you feeling?

Phoenixx

Good. Hopeful. Spring is finally here and it's definitely influenced my mood this week. All this sunshine and breezy weather, cool and brisk but not enough where my face hurts. :LOL: I love it. <3

My week started out terribly, but the second half has been so much better. Ending the week on a high note with a superb new job offer (YAY!!!), got a bonus check at work (Funny, I'm going to be leaving and just found out about this little perk. Still not enough to make me stay, but thanks.), started my budgeting towards spring and summer plans for the house and homestead, and my pupper had an awesome breakthrough at her behavioral class today.

Miserum

Good. Hopeful. Spring is finally here and it's definitely influenced my mood this week. All this sunshine and breezy weather, cool and brisk but not enough where my face hurts. :LOL: I love it. <3

My week started out terribly, but the second half has been so much better. Ending the week on a high note with a superb new job offer (YAY!!!), got a bonus check at work (Funny, I'm going to be leaving and just found out about this little perk. Still not enough to make me stay, but thanks.), started my budgeting towards spring and summer plans for the house and homestead, and my pupper had an awesome breakthrough at her behavioral class today.
Glad to hear about the new job Phoenixx! Greatest of luck to you. Hope it works out better than the last place.

Phoenixx

Glad to hear about the new job Phoenixx! Greatest of luck to you. Hope it works out better than the last place.
Me too. It will be interesting Monday when I put in my notice. I'm expecting the worst honestly, my boss (and/or other people) being mad and whatnot, but it's not really my problem if anyone is. Then again, I thought the same with my last job and it ended up going smoother than anticipated so we'll see.

Obviously I didn't initially plan to leave this current job so soon, but I've been getting screwed over since the first month I started. I'm so tired of working for toxic companies with terrible management and horrible coworkers that get away with being rude and degrading to others and therefore disrupting productivity. I plan on sticking this next job out for a long time. There's no way in hell I'm going to leave anytime soon, since the pay and benefits are MUCH better than what I'm getting now and are in the range I should've been getting given my education and prior work experiences, not to mention the commute time is also 15 minutes shorter. I think I will like this much better too. The schedule and work hours will probably get to me some days (I'll be working 51 hours/week, compared to my now 37.5; 1st and 2nd shifts alternating with the rare 3rd shift coverage), but I don't expect it to be a physically and mentally exhausting job like I have now. It's lab work and data entry. I'll be working at a much larger company, but with a smaller team everyday. I'm not expecting it to be perfect, no job is, but I hope I can at least form some good relationships with the people I'll be working with and be content with what I do.

Phoenixx

Anxious x10. 😵 I had a technical issue trying to access some forms emailed to me for this new job. I was told that the person I talked to would be available over the weekend. I emailed and called and never got an answer. Basically worst case scenario, my mind is telling me that they're no longer going to want me and they're going to rescind their offer, that's why I can't reach them. Logically, it probably has to do with a random network issue on their end that'll be resolved today and I'll be able to fill out everything and everything will be fine. But no, my mind and my body are not feeling logical today. I feel like I want to throw up from this anxiety, ugh.

That being said, I might just wait an extra day to send in my resignation because what if the worst does happen? 😖🥺

Miserum

Anxious x10. 😵 I had a technical issue trying to access some forms emailed to me for this new job. I was told that the person I talked to would be available over the weekend. I emailed and called and never got an answer. Basically worst case scenario, my mind is telling me that they're no longer going to want me and they're going to rescind their offer, that's why I can't reach them. Logically, it probably has to do with a random network issue on their end that'll be resolved today and I'll be able to fill out everything and everything will be fine. But no, my mind and my body are not feeling logical today. I feel like I want to throw up from this anxiety, ugh.

That being said, I might just wait an extra day to send in my resignation because what if the worst does happen? 😖🥺
Yes, better wait just in case. I'm sure everything is fine though. (y)

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER

Just try to relax, it's probably nothing.

SilentAndShy

Relieved, that's how I feel.

Last week, thanks to Facebook and not really any fault of my own, I thought I had implicitly responsible for the closing of a work page as I handle all the social media stuff. I had to have a really difficult conversation with an anxious, frustrated, upset work colleague who didn't blame me but had strong grievances on the situation and rightly so.

I finished the week stressed and thinking why, oh why, did this happen now in my last week in the job. Why did it happen the day after I had presented to the team explaining the dangers. I thought maybe someone in the team maliciously had done something but I'd have no proof.

I muddled through the weekend, opened up my work Facebook account and oh my days - the account was back! I was able to do what I wanted to do and breathe a huge sigh of relief. Thanks Mark Zuckerburg, you'd done something right for once.

I would have felt I'd be leaving my job having lost the trust of a staff member who had entrusted me to guide her on Facebook but thankfully, and a rarity for me I feel, a happy ending.

SilentAndShy

I was like that a few weeks ago as I navigated giving my notice on my current job and arranging a start date for the new job. In your case, it's the weekend and could be a combination of the person being unavailable due to other reasons and as has been said, a technical issue may have appeared.

If you've got a written confirmation on the job offer (or a verbal one) you will be fine. Take a break from the worrying and do something you enjoy. You've got a new job in the pipeline - try to enjoy that new opportunity :)

FountainandFairfax

I feel a lot better.

I had a bad fever the other night, with terrible chills. It felt like I was gonna die.

This happened last year around this time, as well. The worst part was I had hardly any medicine in the place... not that I could even get up to take it. Gus was lying beside me the whole time though, which was good from an emotional standpoint, but HORRIBLE from the standpoint that it felt like a red-hot steam cleaner beside me in bed.

Anywho... this is probably one of the reasons single men live shorter lives than married ones. Did I mention that my dad died because he got food poisoning and laid in bed for 6 days and by the time he got to the doctor all they could do was give him palliative care?

Wake up, dude... make changes instead of excuses.

F0AM

I feel a lot better.

I had a bad fever the other night, with terrible chills. It felt like I was gonna die.

This happened last year around this time, as well. The worst part was I had hardly any medicine in the place... not that I could even get up to take it. Gus was lying beside me the whole time though, which was good from an emotional standpoint, but HORRIBLE from the standpoint that it felt like a red-hot steam cleaner beside me in bed.

Anywho... this is probably one of the reasons single men live shorter lives than married ones. Did I mention that my dad died because he got food poisoning and laid in bed for 6 days and by the time he got to the doctor all they could do was give him palliative care?

Did you see a doctor last year? Do you know what's causing it? Please, take care of yourself buddy ☹️

theoutsider

Well, I got the first vaccine shot on Monday. I guess I should feel happy I didn't experience any side effects however, they also say side effects are proof that your body is processing the vaccination. Since I feel exactly the same as I did before the shot, it makes me wonder if it's even working. Well, they say the second shot is when you may feel something. It's weird not wanting any side effects but feeling kind of a letdown because I don't have any.

Phoenixx

I feel a lot better.

I'm so glad you're feeling better. That's awful what happened to your dad. I'm so sorry. 😞 Food poisoning can be extremely serious depending on the strain of bacteria or virus that causes it and the person's overall health dictating how well their immune system can fight it off.

I had listeriosis once. I literally felt like I was dying with that. The antibiotics also made everything worse as I even had an allergic reaction to them. I don't know how I pulled through that without being hospitalized, but to this day I won't eat a single peach from the grocery store. And I won't ever take Bactrim again either.

Phoenixx

Well, I got the first vaccine shot on Monday. I guess I should feel happy I didn't experience any side effects however, they also say side effects are proof that your body is processing the vaccination. Since I feel exactly the same as I did before the shot, it makes me wonder if it's even working. Well, they say the second shot is when you may feel something. It's weird not wanting any side effects but feeling kind of a letdown because I don't have any.
When I got the first shot I had some fatigue, a slight headache, and pain at the injection site like I got punched in the arm. The second dose knocked me on my ass for a whole day, felt pretty awful. The following few days after were much better, but still had some pain and fatigue. Overall it took 5 days for ALL the side effects to subside. But that is my experience. I know a few people who had zero symptoms with both doses of the vaccine. I also know some who only had mild symptoms. I don't think it's a question of whether or not it's working, since everyone's immune system is different and will have different experiences. Rather the real question is how long is it effective for?

Phoenixx

Yes, better wait just in case. I'm sure everything is fine though. (y)
Just try to relax, it's probably nothing.
I was like that a few weeks ago as I navigated giving my notice on my current job and arranging a start date for the new job. In your case, it's the weekend and could be a combination of the person being unavailable due to other reasons and as has been said, a technical issue may have appeared.

If you've got a written confirmation on the job offer (or a verbal one) you will be fine. Take a break from the worrying and do something you enjoy. You've got a new job in the pipeline - try to enjoy that new opportunity :)
Thanks. After a good couple days of self-induced panic, to the point where I probably annoyed the woman doing the application processes sending email and calling a few times between Sunday and Monday 😅😏, I finally was reached by tech support yesterday and they fixed the issue. I got most of my forms done and I'm hoping to have everything set by Friday.

FountainandFairfax

Did you see a doctor last year? Do you know what's causing it? Please, take care of yourself buddy ☹️
I'm so glad you're feeling better. That's awful what happened to your dad. I'm so sorry. 😞 Food poisoning can be extremely serious depending on the strain of bacteria or virus that causes it and the person's overall health dictating how well their immune system can fight it off.

I had listeriosis once. I literally felt like I was dying with that. The antibiotics also made everything worse as I even had an allergic reaction to them. I don't know how I pulled through that without being hospitalized, but to this day I won't eat a single peach from the grocery store. And I won't ever take Bactrim again either.

Thanks, guys. I'm 95% now, a tad bit weak and a little bit of a cough, but that's all.

I eat a lot of junk, but what Phoenixx said makes me think it might have been the grapes I had the day before. I washed them in the sink, but who knows? I have to be more careful, I'm not a young man anymore.

Thanks again. :)

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
Depressed and frustrated. A certain delivery courier went and cancelled a collection I'd arranged with them. So, pissed me off. I've not been feeling well,.

And, I've spent nearly a week trying to resolve an issue with my email account via my ISP's online chat service but got nowhere after changing my account password multiple times. So, at my wit's end, I just phoned them today and told them what's going on; and to my surprise they said they've noted my complaint and will get back in touch with me in a few days time.