How are you feeling?

Miserum

Now that you mention it, it's off-centered in the new system. I should probably correct that.

Here's the full-sized image it's from:

eye-of-giant-octopus-picture-ida0106-000402

Eye of a giant octopus.

Untitled-design-73.jpg
Very cool image. A bit sad it's not a very fluffy orangutan, but nevertheless, it is a very cool octopus.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
So, new COVID restrictions huv came intae affect here in Scotland for the next 6 months. Basically, ye cun go oot tae the pub, but yer not allowed to have family come and visit. Where's the buckin' sense in that? Having said that, though, I'm suddenly quite looking forward to Christmas. :LOL:

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
I'm pretty tired.

I took Gus to the dog park this morning and not long after I got there, some old man and his wife arrived with their 5 dogs and just let them run wild. Gus is well-behaved, but I keep him on a leash because he hasn't socialized much (imagine that) and he gets very excited and nervous around other dogs.

Suffice it to say, the dogs came running over to him and he lost his cool. I had to pick him up and walk out of the park with him going nuts in my arms. I laughed it off, but it was a giant L. Everybody was looking at us, but they should've been looking at that stupid old couple.

More junk happened later, but I'm too deflated to type it out.

LoyalXenite

I'm pretty tired.

I took Gus to the dog park this morning and not long after I got there, some old man and his wife arrived with their 5 dogs and just let them run wild. Gus is well-behaved, but I keep him on a leash because he hasn't socialized much (imagine that) and he gets very excited and nervous around other dogs.

Suffice it to say, the dogs came running over to him and he lost his cool. I had to pick him up and walk out of the park with him going nuts in my arms. I laughed it off, but it was a giant L. Everybody was looking at us, but they should've been looking at that stupid old couple.

This is why I dont go to dog parks or even off leash areas anymore. Too many irresponsible owners and my dogs are reactive, throw in my anxiety and stress and its just too risky especially when you factor in that I have 3 dogs all around 30kgs/66lbs. Its just too hard to manage when things look like they might escalate. Luckily nothing has happened yet to my dogs, but on some local dog pages I've seen quite a few dog fights/attacks have broken out at the areas I used to take my dogs.

Phoenixx

I'm pretty tired.

I no longer go to dog parks with my GSD either. I used to, and she used to regularly go to doggy daycare prior to COVID, just so she could get used to being around other people and other dogs. While she has gotten better, she's still way too excited and energetic. Throw in her wariness with men and her being nearly 75+ lbs and still growing, it's just too risky taking her to active places by myself, especially if irresponsible owners are around. She doesn't start fights at all and isn't an ugly dog by any means, but she is intimidating to others and other dogs, and she can't see that she is. So when another dog does feel threatened and acts out, she takes it as a challenge rather than a cue to back off. I could never get her to understand that sadly. So yeah, can't risk her getting hurt or hurting any other dogs so she gets to go other places instead where she either knows the people and other doggos or someplace quiet where she can run to her heart's content. :)

Srijita52

Anxious, overwhelmed. I have to interact with people a lot lately because of work related reasons. It has forced me to finally face my fears. Been trying to manage it by breaking it down to small goals and trying to meet them everyday. The whole process is still pretty draining though and I feel like I'm anxious most of the time.

Phoenixx

Tired. Not sure how I feel about my job yet. I mean, it's a total hot mess where I'm working no thanks to COVID, but still. Management could be better. Rather, my manager could be better. I don't know how I feel about her yet either. Her training is either, explain simple things thoroughly but only have me do one simple task and not direct me when I'm done with said task or throw harder jobs at me and not explain a thing, or explain it in a way that can't be understood well because you leave out details. I experienced the latter today. Good thing I have prior experience tracking numbers and such in production settings because having that knowledge saved my ass. She came in at the latter half of the production after leaving for over an hour to help finish after my other coworker left, then nearly made me panic after she screwed up her own count because she missed a few products that I had already finished. :rolleyes:🤦‍♀️ I noticed this with her too, she seems to screw up counts or numbers recorded with production, which I'm assuming is due to just carelessness. Hopefully once I'm all trained I'll be leading productions with my other coworker while she can go back to doing the business side of things. The control freak in me is itching for that. 😏

But until then, I just stand back, do what needs to be done, and keep my mouth shut. 🤐 I'm at least liking the physical work. It's nice to move around a lot throughout the day vs sitting or standing at a desk in front of a screen the entire day. 💪

Graeme1988

🥺 My depression seems to be getting the better of me. Though, not having my own routine around the house like I used does'nae help. Everything's got to be dictated by my mother and siblings, and I'm not allowed to disagree or else I'm a selfish b@$%@#*. The only time ah seem to have any control over my life or decision is when I'm being creative. But then that's the only time my problems seems to disappear, when I'm playing my electric guitar or keyboard. What a sad feckin' life, eh?

FountainandFairfax

in a VAN down by the RIVER
The only time ah seem to have any control over my life or decision is when I'm being creative. But then that's the only time my problems seems to disappear, when I'm playing my electric guitar or keyboard. What a sad feckin' life, eh?

That makes sense, Graeme. My favorite philosopher, Schopenhauer, said that we're at our best when lost in artistic contemplation. He said it's basically the best state a human being can be in, the only time when we're truly free from all the trouble and boredom of this miserable human life.

Graeme1988

That makes sense, Graeme. My favorite philosopher, Schopenhauer, said that we're at our best when lost in artistic contemplation. He said it's basically the best state a human being can be in, the only time when we're truly free from all the trouble and boredom of this miserable human life.

Well, Schopenhauer is right - at least, speaking from my own experience.