How are you feeling?

MollyBeGood

I am so glad to be working again. I had no idea how badly I needed that in my life. Needed the feeling of getting somewhere instead of spinning my wheels 24/7 It’s turning out to be so good for my brain and my sense of total well being. I am so thankful to be feeling physical you better too. All the acupuncture and chiropractor treatments plus down time helped me heal big time. Thank you CBD oil too. Amazing stuff!

Miserum

I am so glad to be working again. I had no idea how badly I needed that in my life. Needed the feeling of getting somewhere instead of spinning my wheels 24/7 It’s turning out to be so good for my brain and my sense of total well being. I am so thankful to be feeling physical you better too. All the acupuncture and chiropractor treatments plus down time helped me heal big time. Thank you CBD oil too. Amazing stuff!
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Staying cooped up in the house is fucking terrible for an individual, in my experience. I don't think I'll ever go back to it again.

Do people with narcissistic personalities tend to accuse a person of not caring? :unsure:
Just wondering, because my older sister has that frequently in the last 2 years. Despite that be utter $h!%*

And she made a snide remark to my face recently about how ah “dae f__k all” around the house, and don’t help our mother. Which is quite funny in an ironic way. Because I’m always asking her if she’s okay if ah come downstairs and find Mum lying on living room couch. And I’m always saying: “If ye need anythin’, just gimme a shout”. Taking my meals upstairs if I want to eat alone in my room. Instead her taking them up to me, like she used to. And, never mind that I’ve spent the last 3 years more or less begging our mother to stop over spending when she does the grocery shopping. But she never listens.

Miserum

Do people with narcissistic personalities tend to accuse a person of not caring? :unsure:
Just wondering, because my older sister has that frequently in the last 2 years. Despite that be utter $h!%*

And she made a snide remark to my face recently about how ah “dae f__k all” around the house, and don’t help our mother. Which is quite funny in an ironic way. Because I’m always asking her if she’s okay if ah come downstairs and find Mum lying on living room couch. And I’m always saying: “If ye need anythin’, just gimme a shout”. Taking my meals upstairs if I want to eat alone in my room. Instead her taking them up to me, like she used to. And, never mind that I’ve spent the last 3 years more or less begging our mother to stop over spending when she does the grocery shopping. But she never listens.
I have no idea what your responsibilities are at home. Here's a suggestion based on my uninformed assumption about your home life: perhaps you could try doing things without being asked? For example, if you don't ever do the dishes, just do them. Don't ever take out the trash? Do it. Never tidy up the house? Do it. Never make coffee or tea for your family? Do it. Small things add up. In my experience, people appreciate it more if you don't even ask if they need help, but just do things for them unsolicited.

This way your sister can't ever moan about you "not helping out," and I'm sure your entire family will be appreciative of you for doing the things no one else wants to do.

I have no idea what your responsibilities are at home. Here's a suggestion based on my uninformed assumption about your home life: perhaps you could try doing things without being asked? For example, if you don't ever do the dishes, just do them. Don't ever take out the trash? Do it. Never tidy up the house? Do it. Never make coffee or tea for your family? Do it. Small things add up. In my experience, people appreciate it more if you don't even ask if they need help, but just do things for them unsolicited.

This way your sister can't ever moan about you "not helping out," and I'm sure your entire family will be appreciative of you for doing the things no one else wants to do.
Well I try and keep the house tidy, mainly. And make sure things get done around the house. But any time ah attempt help in the kitchen, my mother tends to fall out with me cuz she usually gets in a crabbit (bad) mood if I try to help out too much.

MollyBeGood

Well I try and keep the house tidy, mainly. And make sure things get done around the house. But any time ah attempt help in the kitchen, my mother tends to fall out with me cuz she usually gets in a crabbit (bad) mood if I try to help out too much.
I don’t think you will ever be able to please your family from the sounds of it. That means it really has nothing to do with you-it’s all their b.s. Best you can do is not try to take it personally and move the heck out of there whenever you can.

I don’t think you will ever be able to please your family from the sounds of it. That means it really has nothing to do with you-it’s all their b.s. Best you can do is not try to take it personally and move the heck out of there whenever you can.
Nope ! But I’ve known that for years. That’s especially true for one member o’ the family in particular — and it’s not my mother. Despite what a control freak she’s been with me over the years. It’s just difficult to detach from it and not taking personally. Since they go outta their way to make it personal. Like a few weeks ago when my older sister said to me: “You dae f…k all aroon here, anyway”, I never snapped. Because that’s not how it’s been for the past 2 years.

Though, I’m glad ah kept ma gob shut because ah very nearly blurted out in the moment: “Really?! Ye mean like spending time with your kids. Or, wait... they spend time with me” Which would’ve really pissed her off.

Not doing particularly great, aw things considered. My sisters had a massive argument before our uncle’s funeral about a feckin’ Facebook comment. And then there wus another row about why Christmas is $h!%* when we have it at Mum’s every years. And what a f…kin’ surprised: am tae blame ! Why...? Because I bugger off back to my room after the Christmas dinner is over.

As if I actually want to be stuck trying to make small talk with somebuddy who despises me. Ah mean, would you? Especially if that same person took joy in repeatedly reminding you that yer taste in music, movies and books was utter shite, in their opinion.

On a more positive note, my uncle’s funeral service was lovely. Quite simple, nothing over the top. No bagpiper playing before the start of the service, or as the coffin was being lowered. It just about his life, what he did throughout his life, his family, and the things he loved to do.

Miserum

Toxic people really bum me out.

Probably gonna have to ditch one pretty soon. 20% of me says don't do it because our relationship hasn't been all bad. 80% of me says it's necessary if I want to continue on my path of improvement. I don't have the time nor energy to deal with toxic people anymore.

It's just me myself and I
Solo ride until I die
Cause I, got me for life
(Got me for life, yeah)

I don't need a hand to hold
Even when the night is cold
I got that fire in my soul

As if being pissed off at one older sister was bad enough. Today, the oldest pretty much had a tantrum at me over the fact that ah - brace yersel’...Didn’t reply to any of her emails yesterday. For the whole day. :cry:

Ah mean, how f…kin’ immature, like. Oh the humanity ! Yer wee brother ignored ye for 24 hours, how did ye ever cope wae that?! Yet, am no reacting like that — going in the huff — when she does’nae respond to my emails.

But aye, just sod the fact that, yesterday, I was assembling a new laptop tray and monitor mount for my computer desk. By. My. Self. As well as test out the new 4 input audio interface I just bought the other day. Or that I was getting things sold via eBay, so had to print a lot of postage label.

It’s not as if I’ve got a life or anything even resembling it at this point. :mad:

Phoenixx

I've been feeling off all day. Woke up from a really weird dream this morning that left me sad. Felt so withdrawn most of the day. Plus I've had a stomachache all day too, which doesn't help. I had a great two days, so positive, and then today I feel like I'm crashing, like my body doesn't want me to be happy. :(

Miserum

I've been feeling off all day. Woke up from a really weird dream this morning that left me sad. Felt so withdrawn most of the day. Plus I've had a stomachache all day too, which doesn't help. I had a great two days, so positive, and then today I feel like I'm crashing, like my body doesn't want me to be happy. :(

I had a few weird dreams last night too. To my great relief upon waking, I hadn't actually experienced, like, three socially awkward events. Just pranked by REM sleep yet again.

Last edited: