How are you feeling?

lunarla

I was able to push myself to wake up at a decent time, despite wanting to sleep and sleep and sleeeeeep well into the day as I usually do lately. Way to go me! And that kinda rationale is pretty hard to come by when you're half asleep.

Graeme1988

Hie yer hence from me heath!
I thought I'd share this little story, as I see it - in retrospect - as a small victory in my struggle with social anxiety. (Sorry in advance, this could be a long post)

I had a slightly embarrassing moment happen yesterday, which has been on my mind all day today. That said, I found it very funny afterwords. The incident happened as I was making my way to get into my sister's car. I'd decided to go for a car ride, just to get me out of the house. So, as I'm walking down the path from my house I see 2 girls (a blonde & brunette) walking towards me in the opposite direction. I put my head for a few second, thinking I'm about to have a panic attack. But I put that thought aside and straighten up. Anyway, these 2 girls - I'm guess they were in their late teens - are talking to each other, then as they're coming round the corner, they stop their conversation with each other and come to hault by this tree, which my sister's car is parked near. And they're staring at ME! :eek:

At that moment I stop as well. Short of getting to the car - my sister could've tried to get my attention but decided not to. She must've been laughing to herself because I basically zone out, upon making eye contact with the brunette girl. I didn't freak out, which surprised me, I just calmly give a little nod of acknowledgement, smile and say "Hi". The girls just smile back at me nervously.

After a few seconds both girls cross the road, coincidently walking in front of my sister's car, the brunette and I still maintain eye contact for a few more seconds. The girls giggle to each other, then, as I get into my sister's car, the brunette just looks over her shoulder and smiles at me again. I get into my sister's car, put my seatbelt on, my sister nudges me and says to me: "Did you see that lassie with the brunette hair checking you out?" I'm trying not to break into hysterical laughter as I just say "Uh-Huh!". I'd be lying if I said it didn't give me a great boost of confidence, given my self esteem issues. :D

Last edited:
B

Beatrice

Went to bed last night with a horrible migraine. Slept from 5 pm to 9pm, woke up and couldn't get back to sleep because I had just napped for so long. Migraine was worse, too. Took benadryl, it knocked me out. Slept until 1 pm today.

Needless to say, I feel like crap today. No energy, a tiny bit depressed (but manageably so, I think), and feel like my migraine could come back. I'd really like to get some homework done and clean my room, but..... yeah :/

Kiwong

My anxiety is less, but I think what I am feeling now is depression, caused by the hurt caused by people who have such negative expectations of me.

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Idk. Sudden dip in mood feel apathetic, slow, bored, depressed, hopeless. Random. =/ Shouldnt even say so that just empowers those feelings. I guess. Eh it'll go away I think Ive been pretty good not letting these feelings consume me.

B

Beatrice

Idk. Sudden dip in mood feel apathetic, slow, bored, depressed, hopeless. Random. =/ Shouldnt even say so that just empowers those feelings. I guess. Eh it'll go away I think Ive been pretty good not letting these feelings consume me.

I wish I could think like you more often. You're so positive.

B

Beatrice

Thanks... I wish it amounted to more lol. Havent always been. Guess in time perhaps. You can be more positive too, young grasshopper! :D How's your migraine?

My migraine from yesterday is gone but today it hasn't shown up so far. Whoo! But I feel so weird, just sapped of energy. Bleh. Thanks for asking! :)

Deus_Ex_Lemur

Watched Hoarders all day on TLC. As sad as these people's situations are, it made me feel hopeful. Most of them were able to recognize their problems and then do something about it. It didn't happen overnight, but with each week you could see a small improvement. If I had to waste most of my day watching television, I'm glad I got something from it. I also made delicious gnocchi tonight. I can't wait for leftovers for breakfast tomorrow!