How are you feeling?

Hope you had a good Birthday, Graeme. :)
I did, even though I didn’t really do much. had that relative of mine not been in hospital, I’d probably have went out for a meal with them and a few other members o’ my family. But ye cannae help those sort circumstances changing things.

That said, ah did enjoy getting yet another “Ooh, it’s a sair fecht gettin’ auld!” speech from my oldest sister. Telling all that I’ve got to look forward to “...noo that yer no as young as ye used tae be”. :LOL: These huv kinda become a recurring thing since ah turned 27.

Phoenixx

Bleurgh. Tired. It's that time of year again where I wind up being awake at the buttcrack of early dawn thanks to my other half having to work so early. I don't mind the alone time, but it's hard to get work done when I'm constantly tired. :sleep:

F__kin’ finally... aboot time, anaw ! Got my requested £220 refund, today, for a set o’ speakers that I’d returned to this music store down in Sheffield, cuz they were up to par for me. Bought them via eBay. I’ve been going back n’ forth with the [email protected]$%@*!$ for over a week. :mad: They kept ignoring my email, so ah just keep getting in touch and asking when they were going to refund me my money. They soon changed their tune when I mentioned eBay would notify me when the refund was issued. :LOL:

Kiwong

A seven hour off trail hike, got back to my car right on dark. Scratched by vines and brambles, had to crawl and climb over fallen logs. Fell over several times, pushed through overgrown creeks. I did find 5000 of the rare Grevillea plant I went looking for. Walked around a swamp about 1km off the road, none of the mallee I hoped to find. Did find a rare fern, and other shrubs.

Last edited:

theoutsider

A seven hour off trail hike, got back to my car right on dark. Scratched by vines and brambles, had to crawl and climb over fallen logs. Fell over several times, pushed through overgrown creeks. I did find 5000 of the rare Grevillea plant I went looking for. Walked around a swamp about 1km off the road, none of the mallee I hoped to find. Did find a rare fern, and other shrubs.
It's good to see that you have recovered so well from your stroke. It sounds like you're as active as ever!

Last edited:
Bleurgh. Tired. It's that time of year again where I wind up being awake at the buttcrack of early dawn thanks to my other half having to work so early. I don't mind the alone time, but it's hard to get work done when I'm constantly tired. :sleep:
Don't ever have kids then!! :D

Could you sleep with some soft ear plugs in your ears, so you don't hear him when he wakes up and is getting ready for work etc.?
Then you could have your own alarm clock set to go off with the volume REALLY LOUD, so you can still hear it, when you need to wake up later on.

Phoenixx

Don't ever have kids then!! :D

Could you sleep with some soft ear plugs in your ears, so you don't hear him when he wakes up and is getting ready for work etc.?
Then you could have your own alarm clock set to go off with the volume REALLY LOUD, so you can still hear it, when you need to wake up later on.
Haha I don't plan on having any! I'm at the point where if it happens, great. If it doesn't, I don't feel bad either.

I actually do wear earplugs part of the time. But I'm a light sleeper so usually even him moving will wake me up, regardless whether I hear his alarm or not.

Pretty much spent the whole of Saturday in bed, couldn’t even be bothered getting up.

I’ve just been feeling so miserable lately. Ha ! Lately. It’ll be coming up to 2 years in a few months. The month when my life went tae $h!%* along with the rest of my family. And it’s just felt as if the same day has just been repeating over n’ over for that period of time. Same day, same complaints, same arguments. And poor old me just has to put up with it. :mad: :cry: Physical, mental and emotional well-being be damned.

Yay ! My older sister has slagged me in a Facebook post ! Well, me, our mother and oldest sister...

Apparently, we’ve done f__k all for her these past 2 years. :mad: Despite her staying with me and our mother for a few months from the summer 2017 til early the following year. Mum cooks for her and her kids whenever they visit. While ah print off any photos for her or fix her laptop. Oh, and an honourable mention for me pretty much effin’ babysit my nieces for the minute they come round. Cuz my older sister just sits staring at her phone the whole time.

Case in point, ma oldest niece said: “I’ve been lookin’ for you...” as soon I go back from taking a few boxes to the tip, today. Because ah wus’nae there when she arrived. Then she had me draw her a picture of one of my guitars for her to colour in.

And I had to sit n’ listen to my mother’s complaints, her on verge o’ tears. :cry: Saying she could runaway. If that wus’nae upsetting enough, she then tells me, I’m the only one of her kids who does’nae talk down to her. And that she’d, more than likely, be dead by now if ah wus’nae still living with her. Cuz she can’t cope with how my sisters treat her.

Personally, ah genuinely hope she snaps one o’ these days, and just tell ‘em how she honestly feels, I really do. Because my mother’s more than justified in doing so.